Code of Conduct

Default Body Kouros is discontinued

Today I bought last bottle in probably best supplied store in Croatia. SA said it is discontinued, but old Kouros goes on. I hope that she is wrong? You people know anything about this?
    Last edited by Zgb; 7th November 2009 at 03:29 PM.

Default Re: Body Kouros is discontinued

lol..must be a joke i mean sounds totally random

I hope you're right...but there's a big ˝?˝ in my mind. Lot of M7, lot of Kouros, lot of Opium etc...and a bottle of BK...and the SA said she talked with the supplier personaly...

No, that shouldn't happen or have happened.

Anyone else knows more about this?

If Kouros is still in production, the BK should be as well. It's a popular one here.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    No, that shouldn't happen or have happened.

Anyone else knows more about this?

If Kouros is still in production, the BK should be as well. It's a popular one here.
    SA seemd damn serious with me, not to mention they never force me buy YSL, they're always vehemntly bombard me with A*men wich is good gourmand but kind of not me, at least not for now...Luckily each time I come in store, I know what I want. Egoiste is next...

Some SAs here sometimes think the customers are stupid. For example, when scent A is out of stock, some of them would say it's been discontinued so that the customer might buy another available one.

I hope your case isn't true.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Some SAs here sometimes think the customers are stupid. For example, when scent A is out of stock, some of them would say it's been discontinued so that the customer might buy another available one.

I hope your case isn't true.
    no because I came specificaly to buy BK! She was forcing me with A*men

I can imagine that Body Kouros is discontinued. As it is with YSL Nu or Vice Versa, In love again.
    I know that Body Kouros doesn't sell well, so it's possible.
    (Just remember how they stopped producing B*Men or Nemo...)

It's not discontinued. It's still listed on YSL's website, although it's not available from their US website boutique - but then, neither is Jazz or Live Jazz.

Some times they discontinue some scents in some countries
    due to low sale of a type of perfume. But that doesn't mean it is discontinued by the manufacturer.

so... i think BK will be available online or in other countries that u might visit while u r on vacation.

smeller

1 - You can't trust SAs that much. Even if she was told about it, she can't know for sure.

2 - I've been hearing about Body Kouros and Minotaure being discontinued since 2006, and I can still easily find both, even if I don't care for them anymore.

3 - If it's really one of your top favorite scents, play safe and get it anyway.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

67 eBay listings of Body Kouros for sale as of 11/7/09. Over 30 on Amazon. Available online from etailers also. Stock up if you think it is discontinued and really like it
    would be my advice/
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I hope you're right...but there's a big ˝?˝ in my mind. Lot of M7, lot of Kouros, lot of Opium etc...and a bottle of BK...and the SA said she talked with the supplier personaly...
    You can't find M7, Kouros OR Opium in the US, unless you find one of those shady fragrance wholesale retailers in the mall. They aren't in department stores. Basically what I'm getting at is I wouldn't worry about it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    You can't find M7, Kouros OR Opium in the US, unless you find one of those shady fragrance wholesale retailers in the mall. They aren't in department stores. Basically what I'm getting at is I wouldn't worry about it.
    Last I checked, I saw Kouros at the local Ulta, and many Sephoras stock it as well. Neither are shady fragrance retailers by any stretch of the imagination. And I occasionally see M7 at US airport duty-free shops.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Today I bought last bottle in probably best supplied store in Croatia. SA said it is discontinued, but old Kouros goes on. I hope that she is wrong? You people know anything about this?
    Yes she is "wrong" for whatever reason. I know that Body Kouros is widely available just about everywhere, and is still featured on the YSL website.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Last I checked, I saw Kouros at the local Ulta, and many Sephoras stock it as well. Neither are shady fragrance retailers by any stretch of the imagination. And I occasionally see M7 at US airport duty-free shops.
    No way! I guess, maybe you can find them in large Sephoras in major cities, but I never see anything older than 2 or 3 years old, other than Guerlain Vetiver, at my Sephora. All the latest and "greatest". As far as Ulta, perhaps they carry it, it's not a store that's in the North East, I don't think. The point wasn't supposed to be about the quality of the places that carry it, but that it's not widely available, only at shops that sell older and poorly selling frags, such as the shady mall shops.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It's definitely been discontinued in Germany for almost a year now, but I saw it recently in a pretty normal perfumery in Finland. So it's probably a case of discontinuation in some markets rather than ditching it altogether.

It is available in almost any perfume store in France...

So it's probably just my country and that's it. Was surprised to see Xeryus Rouge in that store too as my comrades in Bosnia and Serbia cry for its unavailbility. I myself ˝knew˝ it to be unavailable, and then I saw it. It would be a shame for BK to be discontinued, it will be unavailable in my country from now on.

Fakepurseninja - you say it's discontinued in Germany, Germany is a large market with 82 milion people, Croatia is a small country with only 4,5 milion ppl (I wouldn't say that Croats are big scent consumers - mostly youngsters like mainstream frags like Hugo Boss or PR 1 million, Black XS and on...), Finland, though larger in size has only 5 milion ppl, so discontinuation in Germany surprises me a lot.

So it's probably just my country and that's it. Was surprised to see Xeryus Rouge in that store too as my comrades in Bosnia and Serbia cry for its unavailbility. I myself ˝knew˝ it to be unavailable, and then I saw it. It would be a shame for BK to be discontinued, it will be unavailable in my country from now on.

Fakepurseninja - you say it's discontinued in Germany, Germany is a large market with 82 milion people, Croatia is a small country with only 4,5 milion ppl (I wouldn't say that Croats are big scent consumers - mostly youngsters like mainstream frags like Hugo Boss or PR 1 million, Black XS and on...), Finland, though larger in size has only 5 milion ppl, so discontinuation in Germany surprises me a lot.
    I guess it just didn't sell real well around here, so it makes no sense from a business point of view to have those bottles take up space on the shop shelves. I have BK and like it a lot, but I must say there is some steep competition out there that is less minimalist (=more accessible).

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    I guess it just didn't sell real well around here, so it makes no sense from a business point of view to have those bottles take up space on the shop shelves. I have BK and like it a lot, but I must say there is some steep competition out there that is less minimalist (=more accessible).
    makes sense...not to mention that BK is not for kids, not to mention Kouros...

A sales assistant in John Lewis (dept store in UK) in Glasgow told me that M7 had been discontinued however in John Lewis in Edinburgh they said it was widely available.

I think they will tell you any B/S to get you to buy it, after all if they can convince you that its your very last chance to get it..............
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    No way! I guess, maybe you can find them in large Sephoras in major cities, but I never see anything older than 2 or 3 years old, other than Guerlain Vetiver, at my Sephora. All the latest and "greatest". As far as Ulta, perhaps they carry it, it's not a store that's in the North East, I don't think. The point wasn't supposed to be about the quality of the places that carry it, but that it's not widely available, only at shops that sell older and poorly selling frags, such as the shady mall shops.
    Ulta is nationwide, including the Northeast, IIRC. Their store locator and website is @ www.ulta.com.

As for the store itself, think of them as salon meets Sephora meets drugstore beauty department. It's an interesting concept.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I never seen it any NYC shops - whether sephora or just regular perfume shops, I had to order mine online a year ago
    Last edited by denec; 8th November 2009 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Ulta is nationwide, including the Northeast, IIRC. Their store locator and website is @ www.ulta.com.

As for the store itself, think of them as salon meets Sephora meets drugstore beauty department. It's an interesting concept.
    Hmm, I should have done my research before making such a bold statement, I stand corrected. And I'm quite surprised, I've never seen one in my life, and the one listed in CT is in a town not too close by. If I ever find myself around those parts I'll have to check it out!