Code of Conduct

Default Cormandel smells like LDDM

I was wondering, what is in Cormandel, That makes it smell so similiar to L'air Du Desert Marocain?
    Last edited by ANGIESDOEBOY; 7th November 2009 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: Cormandel smells like LDDM

Sorry to disapoint you, but Coromandel smells nothing like L'Air du Desert Marocain. Coromandel is an exquisite patchouli fragrance created by the very talented Chris Sheldrake. It's his Chanel version of Lutens' Borneo.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Sorry to disapoint you, but Coromandel smells nothing like L'Air du Desert Marocain. Coromandel is an exquisite patchouli fragrance created by the very talented Chris Sheldrake. It's his Chanel version of Lutens' Borneo.
    I haven't smelled L'Air du Desert Marocain, but have had the pleasure of wearing Coromandel. It really is a terrific rendition.

The two smell nothing alike, in my opinion. However, there is something in LDDM that reminds me of Narciso Rodrigues for Her and SJP Lovely. Probably LDDM has the same musk aromachemical.

Im sitting here, with LDDM on one wrist and Comandel on the other, To me they smell so similiar, could it be my chemistry?

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    Im sitting here, with LDDM on one wrist and Comandel on the other, To me they smell so similiar, could it be my chemistry?
    Is your Coromandel an original bottle or a decant? I was wondering that maybe the Coromandel isn't Coromandel at all. I can't think that it's skin chemistry because to my knowledge, L'Air doesn't contain any patchouli and Coromandel is virtually all patchouli.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Straight from Nordstroms, My wife said does not smell at all similiar at all ither, but to my nose it does, I cant point out why Ither.

I don't find them similar at all either. Sorry!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Straight from Nordstroms, My wife said does not smell at all similiar at all ither, but to my nose it does, I cant point out why Ither.
    Very strange. I'm wondering now whether you have inhaled quite a lot of the L'Air and it's still affecting your nasal membranes because it is rather potent, to say the least.

Roja Dove

Thanks for your responses, I just cant get it out of my mind how close they smell, As I said my wife and now my mother in law say they dont ither, Man thats just weird!

Thanks for your responses, I just cant get it out of my mind how close they smell, As I said my wife and now my mother in law say they dont ither, Man thats just weird!
    Oh dear. Dob't have a domestic on your hands over these fragrances..LOL!

Roja Dove

I spayed the Comandel on first, Then I thought gosh how weird smells just like LDDM, 10mins later is when I did the side by side.

Talking Re: Cormandel smells like LDDM

Thats Funny!..

It looks as if it's a mystery never to be solved. Have a good weekend, I've enjoyed this thread.

Roja Dove

Thanks PB!

AromiErotici

Why don't you try another side by side in a day or two after you have showered and are scentless. Your nose will be more acute and discerning.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Why don't you try another side by side in a day or two after you have showered and are scentless. Your nose will be more acute and discerning.
    Yes I think this is the only way that this will work.

If you want a cheaper version of the Coromandel drydown (definitely not the top notes) then just grab the original Prada perfume (the "women's").

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    If you want a cheaper version of the Coromandel drydown (definitely not the top notes) then just grab the original Prada perfume (the "women's").

Thanks I will give that A shot!

Thats weird, because I always think encre noire and leather purses (not mine, of course) smell similar; yet they are completely different things.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!