Code of Conduct

Thread: DHI new formula

Default DHI new formula

I received it from Beauty Encounter yesterday and I must say I really love this fragrance but MIP EDP smells exactly like this but a bit more powdery, and at half the cost. Either way I'll get a few more bottles of the reformulated DHI because it's that amazing.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: DHI new formula

They do smell very similar, but give it some time and you will start to recognize their differences. Although I like DHI more, I use them both and would not want to be without either one in my collection. By the way,I own both the edp and edt of Midnight in Paris and they basically smell the same except the edp is fuller/thicker and the edt is a bit brighter, buty either one is acceptable. If you are on a budget or are having trouble finding DHI for a good price, go ahead and grab some Midnight in Paris as an alternative. They both have great looking bottles also!

I really adore the reformulated DHI, one of my top 3 scents.
    But just like MiP, EDT of course.
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

Mip and Dhi are so similar? Not to me. Both are great though.

An overall great fragrance IMO.

I too ordered one off beautyencounter. I like it. It has more iris than the original and is definitely in the same vein as MIP but I think both scents are entirely different. It's good stuff! May I ask if when you received your order, the box looked like it was cut on the inside flaps and seems thin? Also, was your bottle dusty?

Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    I too ordered one off beautyencounter. I like it. It has more iris than the original and is definitely in the same vein as MIP but I think both scents are entirely different. It's good stuff! May I ask if when you received your order, the box looked like it was cut on the inside flaps and seems thin? Also, was your bottle dusty?
    The box was indeed flimsy and cut on the inside flaps. The top of the bottle was a little dusty, but it came in plastic wrap. So that is a bit weird, I ordered mine last saturday and it arrived yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
    The box was indeed flimsy and cut on the inside flaps. The top of the bottle was a little dusty, but it came in plastic wrap. So that is a bit weird, I ordered mine last saturday and it arrived yesterday.
    Sweet! Mine was wrapped in the cellophane as well. Yeah that's weird that we both got the same product but at least I know mine is legit now. Thanks for the help!

I enjoy the new DHI...don't find it at all similar to Midnight in Paris EDP though. Honestly, the rubber/leather smell in MiP was overpowering & nauseating to me & it smelled very strong of baby powder as well. I get neither of these in any way with DHI.

New and vintage are great frags!

Huh, I don't see it. DH/DHI is one of absolute favorites and MiP is one of least favorites. I'm not even sure why I have a bottle of it as I never ever wear it. I must've been intoxicated, lolz.

I have a vintage sample of dhi and purchased some of the dhi on sale at Fragrancenet last week, look forward to comparing them, by all accounts the reforumulation is still quite good so yay
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

The formula was tweaked,
    But my heart still goes out
    to the pre-formulation.

so I did a test, and while the dry down to MIP does remind me of DHI without the darker tones I definitely can smell the difference especially in the opening.

MIP EDP in no way smells like DHI. You can say they are both powderry and a bit "metro sexual or feminine" but they differ in smell. It's like saying Le Male and Tobacco Vanille smell similar, yeah they both have a vanilla vibe, but do things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Huh, I don't see it. DH/DHI is one of absolute favorites and MiP is one of least favorites. I'm not even sure why I have a bottle of it as I never ever wear it. I must've been intoxicated, lolz.
    My experience, too. Love DH, like DHI a lot, and hate MiP. To me MiP smells like a rough draft of DHI.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Both great scents, but not similar to my nose.

Both are made by Oliver Polge, so yeah, they do have at least the same vibe in common.