Code of Conduct

Default I am a hypocrite

Ok guys, I have to admit something. I am a hypocrite! I did something today that I am ashamed of. I bought a bottle of Unforgivable. I know, I know, this is an Unforgivable act and I feel some cognitive dissonance about this. I do have to say, that this fragrance is some sort of hybrid fragrance that vaguely resembles Imperial and Wallstreet, and for some reason I like it now. I bury my head in shame. Don't get me wrong I don't like Puff Daddy, or P Diddy, or Dip Shitty, or whatever his name is. But this fragrance isn't bad. I bought it for those times when I am just around the house and I don't want to use up my Imperial or Wallstreet. But for the times that I just want to hang around the house, or go to the store and smell good. I know I have dogged Unforgivable in the past, but I ask all of you, my friends, to forgive me for this unspeakable act. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go hide Unforgivable somewhere so if anyone comes over they won't know I own it.
    Last edited by Maz24; 8th November 2009 at 09:28 AM.

Default Re: I am a hypocrite

Hahahahaha, come on, it can't be that bad, and besides, you obviously like the scent, so f***in' what. Don't hide it, ppl should like you and respect you for being you, not for wearing a certain scent being that scent cheap, expensive, cloying, tacky, like this or like that. If youl like it and wear it well ppl will notice, but won't judge you harshly if they don't like it as well.

Well, there's nothing wrong in liking what you like and I can't fault you for enjoying Unforgivable but i have to ask..

..don't you have like 10+ bottles of Imperial? How can you be afraid of ever running out of that?!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 8th November 2009 at 10:29 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

In my humble opinion, any frag that smells good should be fully enjoyed, so be proud if what you got, no matter what anyone else might say.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 8th November 2009 at 11:44 AM.

I know how shitty people feel about unforgivable around here, but it's right in front of the picture I took of my wardrobe. It's a good scent, who cares if it's a copy of whatever. I Like it. and I don't see the point of not liking it because everyone else in BN doesn't.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyX View Post
    not liking it because everyone else in BN doesn't.
    Don't be so easily fooled. I own MI, Unforgivable, AND unforgivable black (which I prefer). The only reason I have not bought Multiplatinum yet is because I have not found it on the super cheap.

Most people here would still like the fragrance if it came from Le Labo, and would only be mildly critical of it smelling so similar to a creed. I don't hear as much outcry between Joop and Original Santal. P Diddy is just a much easier target of criticism. Many people here LOVE their niche houses, their rappers not so much

Your sense of shame must take in mind that the practical consequences of your act are nill. So, if I were you, I would just enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Well, there's nothing wrong in liking what you like and I can't fault you for enjoying Unforgivable but i have to ask..

..don't you have like 10+ bottles of Imperial? How can you be afraid of ever running out of that?!
    Imperial is a very special fragrance to me, it is what I wore when I got married, so I keep it for special occasions. Yes I do have a dozen of them, but I don't want to wear them around the house while I do mundane things. I want to keep it special.

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    Don't be so easily fooled. I own MI, Unforgivable, AND unforgivable black (which I prefer). The only reason I have not bought Multiplatinum yet is because I have not found it on the super cheap.

Most people here would still like the fragrance if it came from Le Labo, and would only be mildly critical of it smelling so similar to a creed. I don't hear as much outcry between Joop and Original Santal. P Diddy is just a much easier target of criticism. Many people here LOVE their niche houses, their rappers not so much
    The picture of Diddy on the box doesn't really help. if that weren't there I don't think I would care as much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post

Totally!

I've always admired the way Astaroth - a total non-fan of Diddy, sticks up for the scent.

Besides, I don't think of Unforgivable as a copy anyway. It's one of several interesting variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    The picture of Diddy on the box doesn't really help. if that weren't there I don't think I would care as much.
    LOL. I hear ya, Maz. I can hardly make myself pick it up in stores! The picture of the Did sitting in the lap of luxury, draped in booty, just screams all the wrong messages at me. They might as well have named it Shameless Worldly Egoiste. Nevertheless, it's a damn good scent.

I view it as your love of MI showing up in wanting to own the variations on the theme. I know some people prefer to own only the best exemplar of something, but I personally love to enjoy the fine textures and interesting differences within a class of things. Which makes me a sucker for flankers and different concentrations. You're just catching that virus. So....instead of owning 20 bottles of MI, just own 10 and live a little!

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    That's the part I hate most from the scent (esp. as I don't like the guy). I had a mini of it (which didn't have the picture) and although I don't really like it, it' useful when I need inoffensive scents. So, I bought a cheap 50ml bottle and didn't expect to see that picture. I got very embarrassed when other people saw the box in my bag.

Basenotes Plus

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. I'd be happy to own a bottle of Unforgivable myself. Rip off or not, it smells good and fits nicely right next to Cool Water. In fact I'd rather own a good smelling rip off than a stinky niche. And if you don't like P Diddy's face on the box, just ditch the box. Nothing to be embarassed about. I wear Tommy Girl, for God's sake.

I like it and it's one of my favourites. Puff Daddy is a tool but so what? It doesn't turn you into him does it?
    My Current 5 stars..... Brut, Lynx Java, Lynx Oriental, Lynx Musk, Lynx Inca, Lynx Fever, Addiction Spice Fire, Hugo Energise, Sean Jean Unforgivable, Burberry Touch, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle, cKBe & cK1

I like what I like, so sue me!

Well I own a bottle of Unforgivable and I totally love it. You can't imaging how well it fits a Greek summer day.

AromiErotici

If it smells good....then it is good.

Go nuts! I don't think the Cardinals and Popes from the Church of Creed will excommunicate you YET.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

IMHO, you should spend the extra money and get yourself MultiPlatinum. I find it to be far superior to any of the others including the original. Much more depth and longevity. I do own the Black version and like it ... but it reminds me of one of the Paul Smith frags (the skinny bottle) with the coconut accord.

I guess that's the reason it's kinda scarce and pricey.

I understand your shame: yesteryday I purchased Le Male!

I've been kicking myself for not buying one of the bottles of Multi-Platinum when there was a rash of them on Ebay and they were going for 20-25 bucks.

Enjoy!
    I don't wear it or own it but I smell it alot at work.
    I am very happy that mainstream men's fragrances are actually smelling good again. Yes it is a Creed ripoff but at least it they picked a good one to ripoff.