Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Homme Intense ... ????????????

I've read here some US Basenoters have bought Guerlain Homme Intense. I'm curious where you purchased it as I haven't been able to locate it except overseas.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain Homme Intense ... ????????????

I ordered my bottle from the Las Vegas Guerlain Boutique a few weeks ago. Worth every penny. It's my new go-to scent. (702) 732-7008 or toll free (866) 409-6110. Not sure if they have any more, but I think they were set to restock. Did you try their shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I ordered my bottle from the Las Vegas Guerlain Boutique a few weeks ago. Worth every penny. It's my new go-to scent. (702) 732-7008 or toll free (866) 409-6110. Not sure if they have any more, but I think they were set to restock. Did you try their shop?
    Really.... Now I'm intrigued. I have the regular Guerlain Homme but don't reach for it much. 1.) On my skin it smells a lot like Hermés Eau D'Orange Verte (the Concentré version) and 2.) it seems to give me a stuffy nose when I use it. 3.) I once wore it and was stuck in a tiny room with a crazy Greek lady while getting my car emissions inspected and something perturbed her (I think it was my cologne-- she was still insane at any rate).

How much would you say the Intense deviates from the regular?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Really.... Now I'm intrigued. I have the regular Guerlain Homme but don't reach for it much. 1.) On my skin it smells a lot like Hermés Eau D'Orange Verte (the Concentré version) and 2.) it seems to give me a stuffy nose when I use it. 3.) I once wore it and was stuck in a tiny room with a crazy Greek lady while getting my car emissions inspected and something perturbed her (I think it was my cologne-- she was still insane at any rate).

How much would you say the Intense deviates from the regular?
    For me, a lot. I'll get a full review up tomorrow night if possible. It's stronger, but sweeter, a bit more gourmand, and wears much closer. It's rich - lots more going on than in the original. Green, but sweet, rich, almost a chocolate feel. There are even some new notes not in the original. Touches of unmistakable mint. More parallels to L'Instant and especially the Extreme version. In fact, I would say that Thierry Wasser very deftly took the improvement model that was used to make L'Instant PH Extreme better than its EDT (for most folks), improved it still further, and applied it to Homme to yield the Intense (I'm assuming that he did this version). You know how the Givenchy Play Intense seemed to lose some of its complexity and texture relative to the regular version? How it got muddled and linear? This is the polar opposite. Whoever did this is packing some serious talent, IMO. The one-two punch of this one and Idylle has me saying that Guerlain is making all the right moves.

Overall, it definitely has more of a Guerlain feel to it than the EDT did.

I got gassed out by the EDT, Indie, so I know what you're talking about. Thankfully, this one wears closer, so even though it's stronger and richer, it projects less. I've been wearing it non-stop since I got it - only taking breaks when I want to test particular things, or if I get an itch to wear something - which is basically saying it's my go-to scent now.

I've also discovered that the deo and aftershave work very nicely with the EDP Intense. They are equally subtle, so I can use them together with the EDP and get this gentle wall of Guerlain that is very impressive.

Longevity - you get more longer, but not super-long. Full day at work - I can still sniff it on me when I get in the truck at the end of the day. Blooms if you exert or take a walk at lunch - and that included the gourmand aspects.

Awesome stuff. I'll stop before I steal everything from my own review!

FYI: They have it at Saks New York.

For me, a lot. I'll get a full review up tomorrow night if possible. It's stronger, but sweeter, a bit more gourmand, and wears much closer (...)Awesome stuff. I'll stop before I steal everything from my own review!
    Thanks for answering my question. I like what you said about parallels to L'Instant de Guelain PH Extreme EDP-- I have and love that EDP (especially how it wears-- I don't like excessive sillage, so I was shocked to find that some of the EDPs give you a more discreet, yet more intense experience.) On that note, I really can't wait to try Terre D'Hermes Parfum!

But I did find a strange similarity between some parts of Guerlain Homme (EDT) and L'Instant PH (EDT), back when I first tried Guerlain Homme, so what you're saying sounds like it makes a lot of sense. I'm looking forward very much to your review!

It's stronger, but sweeter, a bit more gourmand, and wears much closer.
    Wears closer?? Ooooooh, I don't like the sound of that ...

lol i dont see how this one is sweeter....i purchased it via the internet

it definately doesnt smell gourmand IMHO.....the EdT is more citrusy is you ask me but this one is more '''mature'' smelling...much fresher

its definately one of my favs now...really nice scent