yatagan

CARON

Top notes
    artemisia, lavender, galbanum,petit grain and bergamot
    Middle notes
    carnation, patchouli, jasmine, vetiver, pine tree needles and geranium
    Base notes
    labdanum, leather, amber, musk, coconut, oakmoss and styrax
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S O T D Monday 09 November 2009

Penhaligons Amaranthine.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Caron Yatagan (vintage).

Top Notes: Lavender, Wormwood, Petitgrain, Artemisia
    Middle Notes: Geranium, Pine Needles, Vetiver, Patchouli
    Base Notes: Leather, Castoreum, Styrax

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning everyone Today is a busy day! Very stressed at the moment,but hope that Trouble will comfort me today!

Wow, two Yatagan's in one day! Bet you both smell amazing boys.
    Melograno for me today.

I have to be feeling bold to wear this, as it is no shrinking violet!

Miss Dior Cherie for me today.

(((an_oud_girl))), my condolences to you and your husband.
    You were missed, here.

Tubereuse Criminelle

Lime, Basil & Mandarin - Jo Malone
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Institution

My best to all who are ill or sad. Get better soon Lara . An Oud Girl - my condolences to you .

I'm wearing E L PC Tuberose Gardenia again.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hugs and soup to all who mourn, ache, or ail ...

Hope our lovebirds had a grand time !

I'm in an old favorite that becomes scarcer all the time- Rykiel Women edp.
    This subtly incensey, date and violet pashmina of a scent is elegant, soothing, singular, yet discreet-
    Suitable for crowded settings- and I'm off to one right NOW ;-)

May your Monday be a kind one, friends.

ONLY THE BRAVE

Basenotes Plus

An_Oud_Girl, my condolences to you and your husband. It is good to have you back with us.

Thanks to the wonderful Twolf, I am testing Terre d'Hermès today and loving it. It is a magical combo of sheer, clean (but amazingly, not sharp) notes and warmer, earthier ones, beautifully balanced. As it is a Jean-Claude Ellena creation, it's no wonder I am enjoying it so. I love so many of his fragrances.

Notes: orange, grapefruit, flint, pepper, bay rose, geranium, patchouli, benzoin, vetiver, Atlas cedar

Wishing you all a great start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I'm wearing Vol de Nuit today.

Positive energy flowing to the Left Coast to Oudie and hub...and to those ailing, stressing and mired in negativity..

Starting out today in the pretty lemon-peachy Promesse de l'Aube (aka MDCI's FK1)...a sort of stripped down Chinatown. Gonna see how she behaves in this changeable weather (started out in the low fifties - going to the high seventies.)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Encens et Bubblegum by Etat Libre d'Orange. Cheery, but meh.

Happy Monday.

===============

Adding: I like this much better after it spent some time on my skin. At first it was like bubblegum over a straw mat, a bit strange. It came together with some time, though, and I like it now.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 9th November 2009 at 03:21 PM.

Continued hugs and love for our basenoters who need a little extra lift today.

I'm in Chanel Beige this morning, and I really don't think it's for me. I won a lot of the 4.5ml Chanel minis, and I'm disappointed that I'm not fond of the two exclusifs of the bunch. I think I may need to bite the bullet and break our my camera today to get a bit more active on the sales/swaps section, LOL.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Missoni for me today, I need something perky to deal with the hordes of kids at the Book Fair.

My condolences to you & yours, Oud Girl.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The beautiful Hugo Boss Baldessarini this AM
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

{{{{{{{{Gary}}}}}}}} because I've been thinking about him. And to Oud_girl & her family lots of {{{{{{{hugs}}}}} too. I know they are "virtual" but they are sincerely meant.

I have a dentist appointment today, then a dr's appointment. I think I have the beginning of an ear infection & want to catch it quickly. Then I'm taking the girl back to the doctor for a problem that developed over the weekend. We're just not doing so "hot" around here today.

So, I am going to wear something "light" to the dentist. Monty Taylor's Ambra di Venezia is perfect for today; body cream & edp.

((((((Oudie and DH))))) -- I send you my hugs and condolences.

Hope everyone fares well this week.

I'm smelling a little cardboard-y in Bal a Versailles EdC.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Sending lots of sympathetic hugs and warm thoughts to those suffering losses today.

Am wearing l'Eau de Tarocco today. So uplifting and refreshing
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

To get the week started off, I'm out the door in Mauboussin by Mauboussin.

Not having a good day today... :'(

I was going to go scentless, but I finally decided to put some Korres SAAC on... We'll see if my day gets better... Anycase, no make up for me today... I don't feel like... :'(

Meh, I'll stop before I depress you all... :'(

So sorry, Oud Girl, to hear. Take care.

I am wearing Krigler's Lovely Patchouli, which has emerged as my most favorite of my Sniffa purchases.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Baldufita - I sure hope your day gets better! You know you can count on everyone hear to lend and ear, and send positive and loving energy your way. You're in the best community I know when what you need is support and comfort.

I'm in vintage Vivre parfum (by Molyneux) this morning. I wore this ultra-chypre to an outside event on a very warm day this summer and I thought I had ruined it for me forever. It was so heavy and oppressive, and even a bit sour - I was so afraid people could smell me but were being too polite to say anything. Well, something compelled me to give it another chance, and I'm glad I did. Now it's behaving the way I knew it could - green and mossy, sophisticated and warm, and somehow unique even among all the chypres that were released in the 70s and 80s.

Happy Monday everyone - make it the start of a fabulous week!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 9th November 2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo

Basenotes Plus

Switched to Chanel Coco parfum & body cream...so much for wearing something "light" to the dentist. Smells divine!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Baldufita - I sure hope your day gets better! You know you can count on everyone hear to lend and ear, and send positive and loving energy your way. You're in the best community I know when what you need is support and comfort.
    Thanks Evangeline... It's just that life can be too much for me... And right now, it is...

I've been struggling with depression and borderline for ever, and I have days where I wish I could put and end to all of it. Today is just one of those days, but if I'm brave enough and if I "let the train pass" without trying to stop it, I know it will pass and I will have nice days again...

Baldufita - pm is on its way.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 9th November 2009 at 02:23 PM.

Hugs, condolonces and peace to those in need today.

Haven't worn Armani Prive Eclat de Jasmin in ages, so warm & beautiful.

((Big hugs to all who need them, and to all who want them))

Had 3 days off, and back to the grind this morning. Bois des Iles fit the bill for me today.

Later, will probably spritz on Bendelirious.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm PMing you next, too, Baldufita.

ANYONE NEED A LITTLE LIFT?
    Consider what my DH is doing today, and you're bound to feel a little better about being in your own dry shoes. He's going to try to get to the bottom of a recurrent septic problem at our rental. It's one thing when your own septic acts up, it's another when you're responsible for other people's water and poo. He packed up the shovels, pick ax, different sizes of pipe snakes and headed out this a.m. after making countless phone calls to septic-sucking enterprises, some of whom already had five emergency calls this morning. (What is it--full moon/high tides?)

… anyways, this means I can wear ANY STINKY SCENT I WANT TODAY. The DH-dislikes list is short, and I would have bathed in a fig frag except I want to catch up on SnS Saturday, so I'm wearing JM Pomegranate Noir, aka "furniture polish" as DH puts it. He can't complain how I smell today.
    Last edited by Quarry; 9th November 2009 at 02:23 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

No time to read the thread now, but good Monday to all! I'm in Shaal Nur.

Good Morning!

Today is Jack Black's Silver Mark. There is nothing in this that screams "MASCULINE!" to me. It's just all DRY, smoky cypress and a bit of spice (cardamom). I've been looking for a nice cypress scent that works for me (after my disappointment with Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso Di Toscana) and this fits the bill. It's very wearable and light.

Tiffany for Men

AL Hong Kong Garden. Sending extra good thoughts to those dealing with grief or just feeling under the weather. Take care, all!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

EL Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia from a sample (thanks, ubu!) This is a powerhouse and will energize my housecleaning. I have stacks of books to drag downstairs and find room for on our shelves.

Outlandish, I wish I could join you at the book fair! I used to love to help out at those when my daughter was in elementary school.

Hugs to An_Oud_Girl and DH and to Baldufita and anyone else who is at a low ebb just now.

I am wearing Kenzo Flower Oriental which is perfect for a cold autumn day.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Rance Laetitia today. Very wearable patchouli.

Condolences to you and your husband, an_oud_girl.
    Big hugs to Gary and Baldufita.
    Strength and peace to all of you.

I was just reading Saturday's SotD thread to catch up with the goings on, and saw Asha's cool 'i love amber' review of Tom Ford Amber Absolute. I love amber too! And also happen to be wearing Amber Absolute today. Gawd I love this stuff.

Last edited by turquoisewater; 9th November 2009 at 05:27 PM.

a.m. 28 La Pausa
    p.m. L'Heure Bleue pdt

My condolences to you and your family, Oud Girl

Well, my husband has the swine flu! Got his Tamiflu earlier today. He is burning hot and being pigheaded "I don't want to take fever-reducing meds".

I'm in the gorgeous Daim Blond again today. Ooops! Got pulled back...

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    My condolences to you and your family, Oud Girl

Well, my husband has the swine flu! Got his Tamiflu earlier today. He is burning hot and being pigheaded "I don't want to take fever-reducing meds".
    (Giggle) What a great pun, Nuki: pigheaded in the context of swine flu. Sorry for being inapropriate - I do hope your hubby gets better really soon and sending best wishes. But I am silly like that.

Hugs also to an_oud_girl, badulfita and everyone feeling under the weather or having a difficult time!

Happy belated birthday to exquisitely me! Hope you had a wonderful day!

I've returned from London to a pile of work. Sigh. The trip has been great. We very nearly missed our flight back. When we rushed onto the plane 5 minutes before scheduled time of departure, saying "sorry, sorry" one of the British flight attendants just smiled and said: "Don't worry Ladies, we've got pleanty of time!"
    Speaking of flying, time just flew by and the trip was much too short. I definetly need to return.
    I just did a wee bit of sniffing (though we were stuck in Harrods for hours... one gets lost in there; we Swiss are not used to department stores of that size... we get confused. ). My friend bought Amouage Dia (which I already own and which happens to be my SotD). I very nearly splurged on a bottle of Amouage Homage. With the current exchange rate it would have almost been a bargain... almost. By the time we left I was so depleted that I splurged on a bottle of Boadicea the Victorious Pure without really thinking (I actually scared myself with the eagerness I sealed the deal without really having properly sniffed the fragrance....) In hindsight, I'm not quite sure. I mean I love the bottle and the fragrance is nice as well (though perhaps better suited for summer) but the purchased was a little rushed to say the least. Ah well, I could have splurged on worse things, I suppose.

Have a great day, everyone. I've missed you all!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, potiron. Glad you got to enjoy your holiday.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Mure et Musc from L'Artisan.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Well, after a rugged day raking leaves, I notice that the mail has come, including a belated birthday package from my dad...why, what's that return address? FragranceX? Hmmmmm...

Enter squealing like a little girl when I unwrap a 75ml bottle of L'Heure Bleue EdP. I may be grubby and covered in leaves, but I smell GORGEOUS.

Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

My deepest condolences to you and your hubby Oud_Girl, i am so truly sorry for your loss.

Big hugs to all who need them, Gary, Baldufita, RHM and sweet Sofie(hope you both feel better), and everyone else.

Happy belated birthday Exquisitely me, i am sure your birthday wishes all came true, you both must have had a lovely time together.

Nukapai, i do hope hubby will be right as rain in short order, tell him to keep with the meds and not to be stubborn.

Potiron, so pleased you had a lovely time in London and purchased such a lovely treat.

Today i had on Metal de Paco Rabanne, in all its green chypre glory and tonight i will be applying some vintage Isadora extrait after the shower.

Hope the week becomes brighter and more pleasant for everyone, love and hugs sweeties.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I'm enjoying Micallef Note Ambree tonight. Many thanks to Haunani! I love amber so much
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

SotA/E is YSL Parisienne (thank you 30 Roses! ). I love this fragrance.

Thinking of Oud girl and all those suffering tonight. I hope you can all have a good night's rest to meet tomorrow anew.

Poor Nakupai! I hope your husband has an uneventful course.

Yay, Potiron! So glad you're home!!

I'm in SIP's Magazine Street tonight. Lavender and cream.........mmmmmmmmmmm........
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

CH by Carolina Herrera

I really do like this frag.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Francesco Smalto tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

I need some soothing fragrance tonight, that's for sure.
    Ambre Fetiche sounds pefect.

Bleeker Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

an_oud_girl, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some confort with your fragrant friends. Hugs to your family.

Baldufita, I hope you feel better soon.

Nuka, I hope DH feels better soon.

I wore Kapsule Light by Karl Lagerfeld, well, actually it is a Mark Buxton creation. For the first time I heard criticism at work. One woman thought it smell liked ginger and it was dry and her throat was closing, blah, blah, blah. I could barely smell it. I don't even think it has ginger, but I need to check what the notes are. Another guy thought it smelled like church (incense). Being a Mark Buxton, I believe it has some incense. Of course the next question was, "why would you want to smell like a church?" My response was "because I am a very strange person and I like it." Yes, I smiled when I said that.
    Evenstar

Wore Chamade today, but I'll admit the Sonia Rykiel sounded great. SO I'll wear it tonight.

SotD was Dior Homme today--it is almost as good as No.19 for needing to stand up to long days at work.

SotN is Vol de Nuit extrait, and it is just now getting to the smoke and powder stage, which I love...mmmm.

Basenotes Institution

I am now wearing Youth Dew by Estee Lauder.

I am sending my prayers and my thoughts to all in need tonight-
    An Oud Girl, RHM, Gary, Lara, Baldufita - all the best to you ,
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lolita Lempicka

Good night, all! We made it through this day.

Blog Entries

Hi all, with an extra special hug to Baldufita today (still love that name!)

Today I sampled Patou Eau de Patou Masculine, which is apparently so rare that the only mentions of it I can find on the internet are all by the person I got my sample from...

Pleasant orange on top, quickly joined by green spices. The orange eventually faded, being replaced by petitgrain, but a well-balanced petitgrain that never got too stark and harsh. All of this eventually faded to an herbal mossy base.

In a way, this is most notable for its lack of offense, in a time when its peers were outdoing themselves to be loud. The orange is sweet, puckery, and nice and the herbs aren't the loud fighting herbs of the 80's powerhouses. Nice, and well done.

I need to revisit Eau de Hadrien, which I remember as being similar to this. Oh, and I need to get a sample of the Chanel Exclusif Cologne, which I'm pretty sure follows these lines, too.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??