Code of Conduct

Default New Bond No.9 Boca 2 and a Bond New Orleans Scent Coming

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Bond No.9 Boca 2 and a Bond New Orleans Scent Coming

I feel a little defensive about a New Orleans scent by an outsider-perfumer (even though I've only been a visitor to the incredible Crescent City), because NOLA already has signature fragrances from its historic perfumeries.

My hope is that calling attention to NOLA with perfume will drive business to the city's existing fragrance houses.

May I recommend Rue Royale?

Hové

Bourbon French
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Bond New Orleans is described as a musky, dank scent with prominent notes of urine, garbage and cheap booze. There is no drydown.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

I didn't realize there was an original Boca Raton scent. How did she manage to keep that so quiet? Or was there talk on the boards that I missed?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I didn't realize there was an original Boca Raton scent. How did she manage to keep that so quiet? Or was there talk on the boards that I missed?
    there was some chatter here a few months back, maybe a year now? egads.

As I recall, the talk tended to the incredulous. But that could be my own history goggles. I spend a fair amount of time every year in BR , I'm a bit astounded that a scent could be named for that town. I'm sure the Town Center Mall does a brisk trade for Bond, though, and maybe it was all about the Benjamins.

I smelled this one today at the Boca Raton Saks. I only smelled it from a card but It should appeal to the target demographic. Me, I liked the bottle more than I liked the scent. That said, I'm sure they'll
    sell out.

Thanks for the info.....I'm a HUGE fan of Bond No.9
    Gary

Damn man, They release scents as much as Montale. They all smell the same too!

Actually, I've heard Bond 09 New Orleans was developed in partnership with FEMA to benefit the victims of Katrina, but was quickly recalled because it accidently included formaldehyde notes rather than aldehydes notes.

As far as the Saks Boca: From what I know the original Saks Boca was a special edition frag only released and sold in the Saks in Boca Raton, FL. I am not even sure it was available from their boutique in NYC. This was done to pay homage to Boca Raton, which is like an extension of the Hamptons to a lot of New Yorkers. (This is to the best of my knowledge)

I think Futami lives in Miami (if I remember right), which isn't too far from Boca. I live in Orlando and was thinking of making the trek to try it some day. I think I'll pass, thanks to Futami's info.

They are also doing the same thing with Harrods. You can only buy them (his,hers) in Harrods stores and the NYC boutique (online as well, I think). At least that's how it was when Harrods was launched a few months ago.

You should still sample it though I'm not sure it's worth the 2+ hour trek. They do have other lines there (TF, Kilian, Creed) so if wanted to check out other things I guess it would be cool.

Yeah as far as I know both of the Boca releases are limited editions and only available at the boca store.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    formaldehyde notes rather than aldehydes notes.
    Groan. Oh, so bad.

Thanks, brrry, for explaining the NY-FL connection.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.