Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Should a Man Have an Arsenal?

I think the problem here is that while most of the people here, Me included, don't look at our wardrobe as an "Arsenal" or as a weapon to reel in chicks (although maybe a part of it is) the OP does.

Let me speak for myself, I Like variety, I Could have one kind of coffee for the rest of my life, but I prefer to switch it up, I Could have a tuna sandwich my whole life and be completely ok, and have tuna sandwich conjure up thoughts of me for all the ladies, but that'd be weird. lol
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Cool Re: Should a Man Have an Arsenal?

I suppose I would wear only one IF it had this effect:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5J50-ky0_M&feature=related"]YouTube- Perfume - The Perfect Scent[/ame]

Otherwise I like my wardrobe. Though I could forgo all but 5 star scents. As uncle Oscar put it " I have very simple tastes, I'm always satisfied with the best. "

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

In a relaitionship your woman will love the scent of your skin and your sweat whatever fragrance you wear. And you don't smell the same for the woman that hugs you even if you wear the same frag every day. You can smell of the forrest or of the city or from coocking or perhaps you have changed grooming products or washing powder or has eaten garlic and those smells blend with your frag.

But of course everyone must do this in his or her own way - from to change frag several times during the day to one single frag all the time.

This is site for people for whom fragrances are a hobby.

If you want the simple life, just buy GIT for business wear and Imperial for casual and call it a day.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 22nd November 2009 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I suppose I would wear only one IF it had this effect:
    That must have been the original formulation of Anteus.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    This is site for people for whom fragrances are a hobby.
    I've heard this one before from many here on BN. I take issue with this notion that merely smelling and admiring different fragrances can be a "hobby." With respect, I would suggest that the act of pleasurably smelling the olfactory concoctions of various commercial entities be referred to by its more accurate title: connoisseurship.

We can make a distinction between that and the term "hobby" by recognizing the latter as the formal act of creating one's own fragrance from scratch - this is certainly a better way of conveying one's personal interest and pursuit of something for pleasure's sake than the sloppier inferences made throughout the thread above.