Code of Conduct

Default Thierry Mugler B*Men

Tell me about this fragrance. I'm looking at buying this to add to my Mugler collection. Is this something I would actually wear or just one for the collection. I have A*Men, Pure Malt, and Ice Men and I like them all. Not a fan of Mugler Cologne. Looking for Pure Coffee.

Should I get B*Men?

Default Re: Thierry Mugler B*Men

You might like in B*Men the rhubarb note, as well as the neither too dry and astringent, nor too sweet, woody-spicy drydown.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 9th November 2009 at 09:20 PM.

It has a peanuty woody smell. It has enough sweetness n spice to gve it a warm quality. Its good but not my style. Sillage n longevity is very good.
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

You can get 50 ml ones really cheap now, so if you've read the BN reviews and it sounds good, why not get it ?

I would definitely recommend this one. Marshalls and TJ Maxx are usually stocked with this one so if you have these stores in your area then I would say you should get it there. A 1.7 oz. bottle is $14.99 at these locations. A damn bargain for such a fragrance.

I love B*Men ... a lot. Can't wear A*men but B*men is much different, and much more to my liking for this type of frag.

I'm wondering if I would like Borneo 1834 since I hear comparisons.

Pure Malt > B-Men > A-men. Haven't had the opportunity to wear Pure Coffee. A-men is just too much of a beast for my liking.

B*Men is awesome. For the longest time I couldn't draw any connections between it and A*Men and then one day I was wearing it and BAM! I suddenly got it. I definitely wouldn't call it a gourmand though, even though it's got some foody notes to it. I'd recommend it.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

It is discontinued, I think. Check it out. You don't want to find a discontinued Holy Grail. Will make your hair turning grey faster than you want them to.

I really like BMen, and that's coming from a guy who absolutely hates "gourmand" fragrances and the whole concept of them! I look at it as a much drier, sharper AMen, without the chocolate ice cream accord of AMen. As I wrote in my review, BMen smells to me like a fougere with a slight gourmand touch ("rhubarb fougere"??). It's still really inexpensive at Marshalls, so I would highly recommend that you get crackin'! It's definitely full-bottle worthy.
    Last edited by shamu1; 10th November 2009 at 12:31 AM.

hey, what age group would this fragrance fit into?
    Gucci PH, DKNY Men, DKNY Be Delicious, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Burberry London, Burberry Brit, Nautica Voyage, Nautica Classic, Nautica Blue, Adidas Victory League

Quote Originally Posted by LanEvo View Post
    Ageless. Has something of everything to please anybody. If it suits you, however...

What's it like compared to Burberry London? London has a sweet cherry-like opening with the port note, but dries down to a woody smoky-type scent with that port juuuuust staying there a little bit to lift it. At first I didn't really like it too much, but it's grown on me because I really do just think of Christmas puddings.

B*Men sounds somewhat similar, with the rhubarb top and the spicy/amber in the base notes. Wilkinsons here in the UK do 50ml for just 10 (according to the website, i've seen it in stores but I don't remember if it actually was 50ml), so I may pick it up.

I like A*Men more but I own B*men and wear it. It's a bit more wearable than A*Men and like many others have said, it can be had for a very cheap price right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    What's it like compared to Burberry London? London has a sweet cherry-like opening with the port note, but dries down to a woody smoky-type scent with that port juuuuust staying there a little bit to lift it. At first I didn't really like it too much, but it's grown on me because I really do just think of Christmas puddings.

B*Men sounds somewhat similar, with the rhubarb top and the spicy/amber in the base notes. Wilkinsons here in the UK do 50ml for just 10 (according to the website, i've seen it in stores but I don't remember if it actually was 50ml), so I may pick it up.
    I've never tried Burberry's London, but you know, BMen definitely does have a woody and smoky feel on top of a dry cherry-like note in the drydown. It does not, however, smell like pudding - it's far too dry for that (get AMen if you want pudding). BMen is superb from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by LanEvo View Post

Although I don't think BMen is inappropriate for guys over 40, I do think it's particularly suitable for the under-30 crowd (of which I'm not a member). The only reason I say this is because there's a foody note in there (the supposed rhubarb or cherry note) that for some reason reminds me of Drakkar Noir (I know, I'm nuts), and Drakkar Noir was a particularly popular scent among college age guys when I was in college.
    Last edited by shamu1; 10th November 2009 at 03:20 AM.

I used to have it and finally gave up on it. There was that foody note in it, a sort of nutty, burnt, not-quite- coffee, don't-know-what, burnt something...someone told me it smelled like burnt rubber to them. I don't know. I think the packaging is incredibly appealing to the eye but I can't decide if it's more or less wearable than A*Men.
    However, it has a much more conventional and very, very pleasant drydown. A comforting, woody vetiver.
    RM

The way I feel about B*Men is, If I took all the things I didnt like about A*men away from A*Men then added some woods and spices to it, I'd have B*Men. A lot more wearable and a lot less common than A*Men.

As previously stated 50ml rubber flasks can be found cheap. Stores have stopped stocking B*Men because for Mugler SA's its all about the Angel /(men). You can still get 100ml Flasks from the Mugler website and they haven't said anything about it being completely discontinued but the 50ml version is a gonner.

FWIW: Pure Malt > B*Men > Pure Coffee > A*Men > Ice/Summer Flash etc
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    You can still get 100ml Flasks from the Mugler website and they haven't said anything about it being completely discontinued but the 50ml version is a gonner.
    That's fine. Thanks for the information!

I like it, but it's not for everyone
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME