Code of Conduct

Thread: Terre D'Hermes

Default Terre D'Hermes

About a year ago I tried this and for whatever reason I did not like it at all, and do not remember why, well today I was in sephora and looking to see what was new just bored at lunch and decided to give it another whirl and wow I love it now.

I have no clue why I hated it back then but I have a new appreciation for Terre D' Hermes and I recall a while back seeing threads about an EDP version wondering how much more is it and is it worth it? before I purchase the EDT version?

another lessons goes to show sometimes you should revisit fragrances you thought you did not like maybe in a different season, or your tastes might have changed.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes

It's actually a Parfum version, not an EDP. You should easily be able to find it in NYC to try it for yourself.

I personally prefer it over the EDT.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 9th November 2009 at 06:06 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

i prefer the parfum too

classic

My nose changes on a daily basis it seems.

2 years ago I had a friend recommend Aramis, and I thought to myself "gross..who wants to smell like an old man"...the answer was clear: Me, 2 years later. I have had a real hankering for "old man scents" these days. If it is potent and musk, patchouli, tonka, vetiver, oakmoss, sandalwood, cedar, incense, smoke...bring it.

I also hated Narciso Rodriguez when it first came out. Now I love it. Same with Lalique le Lion.

If this habit has taught me anything, it is not to trust your first impressions. Everything (well..almost) deserves more than one sitting. Second impressions almost always differ for me.

For some reason, Terre D'Hermes is a very fickle fragrance....Not only for me, but also for a lot of other members of this community...There are days I absolutely love TdH and then there are other days when I just despise it.....Sometimes I get phenomenal longevity from it and at other times it's dismal.

Overall, I love TdH and am getting some Parfum too....I am hoping I can't dislike the parfum if I love the edt.

I agree that it's important to not dismiss certain frags, but at least in my case, I've found that if a frag goes beyond certain boundaries I just can't ever seem to tolerate it (though dilution may be an option in some cases). So, I now enjoy several "80s power frags" but something like Kouros is still not tolerable.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 10th November 2009 at 03:26 AM.

only thing i am disappointed with TdH is longevity I thought maybe it was olfactory fatique so last night I sprayed the sample i got on my hand before bed at 12 midnight, woke up at 5 am which is my usual time to go to work and sniffed and it was totally gone...

I am going to try out the parfum sometime this week when I can get to the boutiqe and hope it lasts a lot longer, other then longevity I love TdH

This really makes me want to try the parfum
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    only thing i am disappointed with TdH is longevity I thought maybe it was olfactory fatique so last night I sprayed the sample i got on my hand before bed at 12 midnight, woke up at 5 am which is my usual time to go to work and sniffed and it was totally gone...

I am going to try out the parfum sometime this week when I can get to the boutiqe and hope it lasts a lot longer, other then longevity I love TdH
    i dont know man, i got fairly dry skin so fragrance tend not to last on me like others but if i put it on 12 midnight, i can still smell a little bit in the afternoon the next day (parfum that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    i dont know man, i got fairly dry skin so fragrance tend not to last on me like others but if i put it on 12 midnight, i can still smell a little bit in the afternoon the next day (parfum that is)
    Funny, in my work I have to scrub my arms and wrists every morning with betadyne. I had 1 shot of perfume on my left wrist....5 minutes of scrubbing and cleaning. Despite this there was a faint tract of the TdH perfume on the skin after rinsing. It is the craziest frag I own. Easily worth the price of admission.

I really couldn't tell much of a difference, either in scent or longevity, between the original and the parfum. I have a voucher for a sample of the parfum which I might go pick up today, but from 2 sprays on the back of each hand I couldn't really tell them apart. There is a slight difference, but I couldn't tell you what!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I really couldn't tell much of a difference, either in scent or longevity, between the original and the parfum. I have a voucher for a sample of the parfum which I might go pick up today, but from 2 sprays on the back of each hand I couldn't really tell them apart. There is a slight difference, but I couldn't tell you what!
    Anthony, I agree, but we seem to be the only two who think this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    my original post was talking about the EDT

in fact I tested the Parfum tonight I put it on at 6 PM tonight at SAKS and it still going now 11 PM

but i am also testing the EDT side by side and it is still going...strange thing is this time I did it on the from of my hands instead of my wrists, maybe when it is on my wrists it dissappears faster why? i do not know?

I have to say after wearing both of these (parfume and EDT) side by side for a few hours I really cannot tell the differences at all

Only the first hour or so but then it was almost impossible to tell them apart. I guess longevity aside is it really worth it to get the parfume?
    Last edited by denec; 11th November 2009 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    I have to say after wearing both of these (parfume and EDT) side by side for a few hours I really cannot tell the differences at all

Only the first hour or so but then it was almost impossible to tell them apart. I guess longevity aside is it really worth it to get the parfume?
    Personally, my view, based on the price differential and your assessment, is to stay with the EDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Personally, my view, based on the price differential and your assessment, is to stay with the EDT.
    Yep since I can save a lot of money getting it from a discount site I am going to get the EDT

DH is not a scent wearer. After plastering him forcibly with a multitude of samples, to my delight, I recently caught him wearing TdH edt of his own accord. So, that's Christmas sorted. Off to the shops to purchase gift set and they threw in a sample of the parfum.

On paper in the shop, there was not a great deal of difference to my nose between the edt and parfum, but on him the difference is considerable. Even he can smell it. The biggest difference is in the first couple of hours. The edt is zingier with a citrus edge. The parfum is smoother and, I find, more linear. The drydown of both is very similar (DH likens it to the smell of his father's darkroom which is a positive for him). Longevity for both is excellent.

He doesn't know I've bought it for Christmas, but I have no regrets in buying the edt. It's cheaper, came with a mini, I find the opening and top notes more exciting, and he likes it better than the perfume. Winner all round!

The parfum is becoming more readily available in the shops. If at all possible, I'd suggest a side by side test before spending the extra cash on the parfum.

I have terre d´hermes edt since 2 years and did try the parfum version today.

Find it flowery fresh (minty), heavy at the start and later similar but stronger to the edt.

I like it, want to buy it and use it with the edt.
    Last edited by sanatik; 12th November 2009 at 07:35 PM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."