Code of Conduct

Thread: Oh, darnit.

Default Oh, darnit.

I accidentally purchased the Narcisco Rodriguez for Her in EDP instead of EDT today.

I knew I liked the EDT, but I just assumed the EDP was the same exact thing, just a little bit stronger. Ugh, I should have read up before hand. I didn't bother to retest at the Nordstrom's counter because ALL of the SAs there are such vultures, I always end up stranded there with a grumpy baby if I linger too long.

I opened the box and sprayed it a few times and was startled by the difference. It's not necessarily bad, but it's not what I wanted! It's a little floral-y for me.

To make matters worse, I looked all over for the receipt and I got nothing. I paid with cash, so I didn't bother to keep as strict track of it.

Let this be a lesson to ME: Never buy blind and never be thoughtless about the receipt.

EDIT: HA. After all this melodrama (on my behalf), I went back to Nordstroms and asked if I could trade and they said yes! And didn't even ask any questions. WOOT! Now I have the Edt and it's exactly what I wanted.
    Last edited by latelittlesleeper; 10th November 2009 at 07:36 PM.

Default Re: Oh, darnit.

Oh what a nuisance! I'm sure you felt extra pressured by your little baby. I have no idea what policies are like at Nordstrom's as we don't have that department store in Canada, but the SAs should remember you (and baby) if you go back tomorrow. If they, or one of them does remember you, just tell them you wanted the edt instead. See what happens. Otherwise, maybe swap for someone who has the edt? Sell on ebay?

Good luck and let us know what happens.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Oh what a nuisance! I'm sure you felt extra pressured by your little baby. I have no idea what policies are like at Nordstrom's as we don't have that department store in Canada, but the SAs should remember you (and baby) if you go back tomorrow. If they, or one of them does remember you, just tell them you wanted the edt instead. See what happens. Otherwise, maybe swap for someone who has the edt? Sell on ebay?

Good luck and let us know what happens.
    UGH. But I was totally CURT to those ladies and impatient, because they are so pushy and I always get anxious and annoyed with the baby! So I always have to be "NO, that is ALL. Thank you." and DISMISSIVE. So today she brought out the EDT and I was all "NO thank you. I want the eau de parfum version, please."

HA. Way to shoot myself in the foot. It is completely defensive, on my part. BUT, ALAS. This was a circumstance where I should have been patient AND LESS of a parfum snob.

*CRY*

There IS always ebay.

If you got it at Nords, then you should have a sticker on the box that they place on there after you purchase something. Nords is good about taking anything back, even without a receipt. Hopefully you kept your box.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Dependent

Oh yeah, the EDT and EDP smell significantly different, to my nose. Sorry to hear that you didn't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    If you got it at Nords, then you should have a sticker on the box that they place on there after you purchase something. Nords is good about taking anything back, even without a receipt. Hopefully you kept your box.
    Ah-HA. I *do* have my box! That is wonderful! Thanks for the information. I was going to just give up.

I might not be able to get back for a week though. That should still be ok, right?