Code of Conduct

Thread: Dillema

Default Dillema

Hi all, new member to the boards here but I frequent for reviewed products and of course im an addict too.

So the "wife" seems to be hard to please when it comes to finding her a woman's scent she drops her jaw over.. Im beginning to wonder if shes just being difficult because she knows Ive bought 200 bucks worth for xmas for everyone and shes just fed up of me asking her to blind test stuff "smell this, see what you think!"

To make it short. She has a bottle of Romance for women, Eternity, Adidas Moves, and must like the smell of Love Spell the body spray that smells like some fruit juice, cause she has like 5 or 6 variant size bottles sitting around and Sweet Pea which imo smells like hairspray...

She dont like the smell of Kenzo Flower, Versace Bright Crystal, BLV Notte, Gucci Envy Me or D&G Light Blue... Thats where you guys n gals come in! I dont want to waste my money on more samples and Im not a perfume connoisseur so any ideas on what might perk up her olfactory senses would be helpful and put an end to my quest for "her" perfume.

Oh shes got lavender/chamomile lotion too..

Default Re: Dillema

Since you do not want to invest more money into samples, please be prepared to be disappointed. Or, even worse, have an unhappy wife. Or, to think that this community is very uptight with the new members and refusing to help out. Or, to come to the conclusion that we are giving you the lists of the wrong scents on purpose. I hope not!

Right off top of my head to help you with your dilemma:
    -- Unicorn Spell;
    -- Hermes Kelly Caleche;
    -- Issay Miyake L'Eau d'Issay;
    -- L'Eau par Kenzo;
    -- L'Artisan Mimosa pour Moi.

Welcome, Trapjaw! :wave:

I think the lack of more response shows that these are difficult recommendations to make, to suggest a blind buy with not much to go on. Even if you're frustrated with unsuccessful sampling, many of us would still encourage you to take your wife shopping at a Sephora or the perfume counters at a department store, to get a better sense of what she might like. Sephora also sells a couple of fragrance samplers that include a $50 voucher toward purchasing a full bottle of one that she might like from the collection. The Perfumed Court is another source that sells sampler sets of all kinds, based on best-sellers, favorites notes, top favorites of Basenoters and MakeUpAlley members, etc. (They don't offer a gift voucher, though.)

If she seems to lean toward fruity/floral, I would recommend trying
    Badgley Mischka (my favorite)
    Gucci by Gucci
    Victoria Secret's new Heavenly Enchanted or Velvet Blackberry Amber
    Euphoria Blossom or Euphoria, by Calvin Klein
    Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
    Miss Dior Cherie
    J'Adore by Dior

These suggestions are kind of random. Good luck!
    Last edited by tang; 11th November 2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

I second Gucci by Gucci, maybe also something like Mauboussin by Mauboussin (you can get this one very cheap also, and it is a lovely fragrance - a fruity floral that never goes over the top, and has a nice cedar streak midway through).

We'll keep thinking, but I also think the best way to go about this is to sample some.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Since you do not want to invest more money into samples, please be prepared to be disappointed. Or, even worse, have an unhappy wife. Or, to think that this community is very uptight with the new members and refusing to help out. Or, to come to the conclusion that we are giving you the lists of the wrong scents on purpose. I hope not!

Right off top of my head to help you with your dilemma:
    -- Unicorn Spell;
    -- Hermes Kelly Caleche;
    -- Issay Miyake L'Eau d'Issay;
    -- L'Eau par Kenzo;
    -- L'Artisan Mimosa pour Moi.
    No, yes, yes, uptight yup, refus..scents-yarr

Oh Hi! Replies!
    Yea I know how forum communities are to new people begging for answers or clues to the holy grail. Guess I can take this vacuum cleaner back to the store and use my computer instead cause you all SUCK!! nah just kiddin lol

And my wife is already unhappy I just keep adding to it for kicks. I thought about buying her some Brut since she thinks shes the man of the house. That has lavender in it lol

Thanks for the replies, now I have some scents to research. Oh & neat idea on that deluxe sampler from sephora. Just got a jcp card a few weeks ago.

While we are on it, I thought of another one:

Guerlain Champs Elysees.

With this you are killing several birds with one stone:
    -- fruity floral;
    -- a Guerlain;
    -- available even at your drug store next block, I am sure;
    -- most people love it!

Good luck and please let us know what you have chosen, OK?

Yea I may take her to Dillards and Belks to sample some stuff before it gets too late in the season. Her bday is new years also so I may get two perfumes. God knows she doesnt need any more clothes or shoes haha :x
    A few of them suggested sound nice. Curious to see what they smell like myself lol
    Last edited by Trapjaw; 11th November 2009 at 09:37 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome Trapjaw !

I can third the Gucci By Gucci , J'Adore and also Badgley Mischka. Good luck .

I loved your thoughts about getting her Brut ! hehe !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.