ROUGE

Eau de Parfum

Top notes
    limette, orange, bergamot
    Heart notes
    neroli, cinnamon, cedar wood
    Base notes
    leather notes, vanilla, agarwood, patchouli
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S O T D Tuesday 10 November 2009

Cedro - Acca Kappa
    Wishlist is pointless.

Yet another day in SL Encens et Lavande for me, poured the last drops of it into the little spray bottle. But no worries, have a full bottle waiting!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Happy Tuesday all!

Thanks to the super-lovely Ubu I am sampling Guerlain Insolence today and have the biggest smile on my face! I love it, Mr Hebe loves it, and the world is a wonderful place. I've blogged some quick thoughts here - http://community.basenotes.net/blog.php?b=664 and think I may need to track down a 30ml bottle for my Christmas list.

Basenotes Institution

Hebe- isn't Insolence just gorgeous ?

Back to wearing E L P C Tuberose Gardenia - can't get enough of this stuff.

Happy Tuesday to all and my many thoughts to all those in need today .

I started a Reformulated Fragrance List thread on the Fragrance Industry Discussion Board- everyone who has noticed a difference in their scent recently - like Odalisque by PdN, Caron, Guerlain etc can add to it . it'll be good to have a record and maybe we can do something proactive with the list too .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th November 2009 at 08:47 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I decided to experiment and wear Ghost Deep Night today, I usually go for it as an evening scent, but chatting to someone yesterday made me think of giving it a go in daylight. I'm undecided if it's appropriate for the office.

Platinum Egoiste for me today.

Have a nice day, everyone.

Vanille Galante.

Not too much vanilla, eh? I like it though. Borders on aquatic, but not quite there. Smells overwhelmingly like flower stems. Lily, is my guess. Odd, but nice.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Caron Pour Un Homme.

Top Notes: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Lemon
    Middle Notes: Clary Sage, Rose, Rosewood, Cedarwood
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Tonka, Musk, Moss

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Vanille Galante.

Not too much vanilla, eh? I like it though. Borders on aquatic, but not quite there. Smells overwhelmingly like flower stems. Lily, is my guess. Odd, but nice.
    I LOVE Vanille Galante! In my top 10 for sure. The ones with ylang ylang seem to reel me in - am wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie today and have just learnt there is ylang in that too! I also get vanilla and salty, watery lily in VG.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Good morning all Today I was in the mood for Fracas.

Good morning!

I'm wearing PG Felanilla today.

I felt like a dominatrix today, so Kelly Calèche was my choice...

top notes

Green Notes, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Narcissus
    heart note

Climbing Rose, Mimosa, Tuberose
    base note

Iris, Woodsy Notes, Leather Accord

It has been a long three days for some of you. I hope the next three days bring healing and acceptance to those who need either or both. Thankfully the last three days have been good but busy, for me.
    Belated Happy Birthday to exquisitely me but I'm not too worried about it because at this moment she only should have eyes for bluesoul and is not reading this board.
    Which is a sure sign that somewhere out there love springs eternal.

Wearing my birthday present from my ScentMother, ComDiva:

Lorenzo Villoresi Spezie

We have a wonderful spice store near us called Penzey's and I love when I shop in there that first moment when I walk through the door. My nose is met with a melange of spices and it all smells different and unique every time depending on what is out for sampling and in bulk. I've always thought what a wonderful smell this would be if a perfumer could capture this. Well Lorenzo Villoresi must think the same thing because his 1994 fragrance Spezie does exactly this. Twelve of the 18 listed notes in Spezie are spice notes and they create the feeling of walking in that spice store near perfectly. The entry to Sig. Villoresi's spice rack starts with a mix of coriander and cardamom these are the most prominent notes but off on a far rack the aromatic jars containing eucalyptus and mint are noticeable. Another few steps deeper into the store and I encounter the section containing pepper and thyme which when I turn around on the other side of the aisle, the cinnamon and nutmeg also appear. Underneath all of this floats a cumin note that is exquisitely balanced. Cumin is the note that could have pushed all of the spices to the side but Sig. Villoresi keeps it under control and instead it feels like an appropriate partner. The base carries the clasical mix of rosemary and smoky sage along with a more unusual accord of tomato leaves. This isn't an accord I would think I'd want in a perfume but in Spezie it fits seamlessly and appropirately. Spezie has excellent longevity and sillage. If you are a lover of spice notes in perfumery this is a must try, as along with Piper Nigrum, Sig. Villoresi has made two of the stand-out fragrances in this area of fragrance. Back in the 60's Alka-Seltzer used to have a commercial built around the line "Mama Mia That's a Spicy Meatball!" I'd like to update that line a bit "Sig. Villoresi That's a Spicy Perfume!"

Have a Titanic Tuesday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 10th November 2009 at 11:51 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I'm sampling Lulu Beauty's LulaMae perfume oil this morning. Many thanks to Mysticknot for introducing me to Lulu Beauty's fragrances! This one is named for the character LulaMae Barnes, who renamed herself Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's supposed to be a freesia blend, and lists Italian bergamot, African lilies, gardenias, soft vanilla, and musk. I get a rich, almost overripe fruity impression, and the gardenia smells very true. These scents are lush and pretty, yet uncomplicated. And they're pretty long lastint, too. I'm so glad to have discovered them. I think of the three I've tried so far Marlena is my favorite, but I don't know...doing the Basenotes salute this morning.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Penzeys, oh yeah. Their HQ is here, and they were supposed to get back to me about a
    "factory" tour for us Upper Midwest sniffers. I should probably get back on that.

Okay kids, wakey-wakey.

DeCidEd tO mAkE tHiS NO-REPEATS NOVEMBER.
    Today: Chanel No. 19 Parfum
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

SInce I'm not a coffee drinker, I took a hit of New Haarlem to help wake me up this morning. Off to the Book Fair again, for some reason no one wants the early shift
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Idylle!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Spent the night in vanillas of all stripes - needed a perk-me-up. How 'bout some grapefruit?

This morning I'm RULLY getting the geranium, for some reason.

Postivie energy streaming to ALL you wonderful people.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Off to work in Café Café Puro pour Homme
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

SMM - I LOOOOVE Penzeys. Actually - going in there is a real education in sniffing. Each time I go I treat it like a perfume trip

Been very busy at work recently - so not much time to catch up on the boards.

Today - the last of my Fifi Chachnil.

And Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Conditioner in my hair.

The Fifi will be a repurchase. Tobacco, spices, labdanum. I feel good wearing this and of all of this school of scents - (Sage Onyx comes to mind), this one doesn't go "off" on my skin.

Off to perform more interpretive dancing. Have I told you how much I love being a computer trainer
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Plus

Viva la VISA!
    I love this scent as re-envisioned by Aurelien Guichard. Notes are: white peach, pear, violet leaves, Italian bergamot, yellow mandarin. Heart notes include ylang essence, rose, immortelle and orange flower absolutes. The dry down consists of essence of Indonesian Patchouli and sandalwood, vetiver, moss, vanilla beans, benzoin and a gourmand leathery accord.*
    *From the Robert Piguet website
    My SOTD is VISA body lotion & parfum

I am wearing Jicky extrait today. It is so luminously perfect.

Divine L'Ame Soeur

Greetings one and all :wave:

Q- appreciate the coffee, really needed it this AM. Think I'll join you in no-repeat November.

Layering today No22 and Iris Silver Mist. Very nice together.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Craving creamy sandalwood....MPG Or des Indes makes me feel like I'm wrapped in sunshine & cashmere on a crisp cool day.

Hello, dears...
    You smell pretty fine.

How are our 'under the radar' and 'under the weather ' ones ???
    I'm missing Mousie and many others.

[ RHM- you always ROCK that Visa ;-) ]

Vintage Arpege for sleep.
    I'm in Elixir des Merveilles today - WHY don't I wear this more often ?
    It has everything I love, and it 'sings' so beautifully.

Yesterday, I celebrated NOT being quadriplegic [ 24 years post MVA- a lady went thru a walk light at 45 MPH ! ]...feeling peaceful about it.

Today, a dear friend turns 21- SUCH a beautiful soul.
    I knew he would be someone extraordinary, even in gestation ;-)
    His amazing mother died pitifully young, in the full bloom of her beauty.
    I need to call his aunt [ who wound up adopting her sister's young children], to see what he'd like for birthday dessert ;-)

Loving hugs to all who could use them.
    I'm not goin' anywhere soon, LOL.;-)

Basenotes Institution

Une Rose by Frederic Malle (from a sample)

This is just one gorgeous fragrance. All I can say is, wow.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Intimately Beckham Men.

Have a tantalizing Tuesday everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Serge Lutens Louve. It has a brief moment as a dead ringer for Jergen's Lotion (the original cherry-almond one) and then morphs into a most dreamy, tranquil fragrance. Lovely and quiet.

Notes: almond, rose petals, fruity notes, jasmine petals, amber, musk, vanilla powder

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

L'Erbolario Myrrhae

Euphoria For Men

Blog Entries

Mazzolari Vetiver - From Luckyscent: Mazzolari's Vetiver is a masterful composition that opens with a spontaneous, bittersweet burst of citrus orange, bergamot and lemon. As they fade to a whisper, a woody vetiver stakes its claim, enhanced by the arrival of spicy sweet nutmeg. Never heavy, Vetiver is a full-bodied, solid fragrance, one that brings to mind driftwood browns, dried herbal greens and deep yellow sunshine. At its base is an elusive tobacco and clean sandalwood…fragrant, rich anchors to this captivating, woody combination.
    Last edited by kumquat; 10th November 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Coromandel by Chanel, my second sample - even though I think I knew I loved it after about the first 30 min

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I LOVE Vanille Galante! In my top 10 for sure. The ones with ylang ylang seem to reel me in - am wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie today and have just learnt there is ylang in that too! I also get vanilla and salty, watery lily in VG.
    Ylang? You're joking! That would be the first instance of ylang that doesn't send me running for the hills.
    I don't know if I adore it quite as much as you do, but it's definitely an interesting one. Long-lasting, too, for how subtle it is.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Songes today, it has that fluffy sweet softness that is answering my desire for a more voluptuous scent, waiting to make up my mind about Hypnotic Poison and/or Angel.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

ooo, just saw above post about ylang ylang....there's quite a bit of it in Songes...yummy and sensual. along with the Jasmine, I believe.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    ooo, just saw above post about ylang ylang....there's quite a bit of it in Songes...yummy and sensual. along with the Jasmine, I believe.
    Funny you caught that detail about your Songes, and made a quick subsequent post! When I read through this thread, and saw "Songes", my first thought was YLANG-YLANG!!! Songes is gorgeous.

Ylang-ylang and I have recently become friendly, our relationship wasn't always so polite! My most favorite is Parfumeur Maitre et Gantier (MPG's) Fleur des Comores. It is very much along the lines of Vanilla Galante - maybe a bit less sheer.

Just burnt a batch of bacon.
    Still have the son home w/H1N1...please don't make me play ANOTHER game of Monopoly! I'll try to convince him to switch to a quicker paced game...cards maybe...how about Uno or War???
    Waiting to hear results on Magic's bloodwork, put a call into the Vet early...still waiting. Poor puppy is drooling for that burnt bacon I think his appetite is coming back!

For now, I'm hopping into the shower and spritzing on some refreshing Anisia Bella - many thanks to 30 Roses Such kindness!

Oh, Hebe! Read your commentary about Insolence - it was superb! So glad it arrived and you are enjoying it! (I forgot to include the Turin/Sanchez review... I'll have to pm it to you later!)
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 10th November 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Those pretty pix have me smacking my lips, kumquat.

( [ { Chaya } ] ) sending every brand of hug.

Ubu, I'll hold back on the hugging until the germs and bacon smoke clear out. Better health and better days have to be just around the corner, dear one. Can't stand Monopoly myself. Don't suppose he'd be willing to play Passport to Perfume with Mom?

P.S.
    I love how our lazy-looking Flaming June and Princess Hyacinth avatars look when neighboring each other.
    Last edited by Quarry; 10th November 2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Adding P.S.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Ylang? You're joking! That would be the first instance of ylang that doesn't send me running for the hills.
    I don't know if I adore it quite as much as you do, but it's definitely an interesting one. Long-lasting, too, for how subtle it is.
    Here you go, Veuve:

Vanille Galante

top notes
    Green note, Ylang Ylang

heart note
    Lily, spicy notes

base note
    Salicylates, Sandalwood, touch of vanilla

Now I will have to try Fleur des Comores, in my quest to leave no ylang ylang stone unturned...
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Today I'm wearing an oldie goldie from Avon-- Field Flowers. Rose, jasmine, and I don't know what all else is in there, but it's really nice.

Riverside Drive by Bond No.9
    Gary

PS (Paul Sebastian)

SotD is more of my new bottle of L'Heure Bleue EdP. (Thanks, Dad!) I have become so accustomed to my decants and minis that this 75ml bottle feels HUGE and decadent in my hand!

To those who are hurting, please imagine that the wonderful waves of your favorite scents are really a manifestation of the good will of your fellow perfume fanatics!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Bvlgari pour femme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin

Shalimar edp today.

My late afternoon/evening scent is Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist. I just tried it for the first time this summer and had to have a bottle. I wear it fairly often. It's a cozy scent for me, light but very long lasting.

I'm off to feed the dog, and later I'm making oyster stew for dinner. It's fattening, but so what. Fresh shucked oysters were on manager's special, and we need something really wonderful. I don't think my dog will be happy with "second dinner" tonight. If she doesn't like the way second dinner smells she gets a disgusted look on her face as she toddles off down the hall. That dog is a piece of work.

Have a good evening!

Hello, all!

Today, my sotd was

Agent Provocateur

Have a nice evening!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm off to feed the dog, and later I'm making oyster stew for dinner. It's fattening, but so what. Fresh shucked oysters were on manager's special, and we need something really wonderful. I don't think my dog will be happy with "second dinner" tonight. If she doesn't like the way second dinner smells she gets a disgusted look on her face as she toddles off down the hall. That dog is a piece of work.
    You just keep cracking me up today, L. As I recall from Ms. Pup's picture, she, as I, could tolerate to miss one meal.

Today, right after work I went to see Diana Krall and band in concert. Great musicians, I must say, including Miss Krall herself. Lots of improvisation, many soli, some jokes and laughs and lots of fun.
    Of course I had to wear something classy; so Amouage Dia it was for me today.

Have a great evening!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Yang by Jacques Fath tonight. Gotta love the tea-citrus despite some recent negative reviews. After all they are others personal dislikes, not necessarily a majority opinion.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

summer means fireflys

I'm a little under the weather today. Thank goodness I didn't have to work! I slept late and took TWO naps. Feeling better tonight, I spritzed on just a little Etro Heliotrope. It's almost like wearing a hug ...

Now, I'm ready to watch the basketball game! Go Jayhawks!

take care, everyone.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

SOTD for me is SMN's Tabacco Toscano. Yummy!

Most of the day I've spent in
    Poivre Piquant
    and now I'm relaxing in
    AP Tuberose Intoxication
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Began my day with a tiny spritz of 28 La Pausa (thanks, VM!) then head to the Spa de Guerlain. Had a chance to try the Boise Torride which is, like all the other carnal elixirs, verrrrrry sweet. It isn't quite for me but it is popular so far, according to the lovely SA. I bought a bottle of Hiver en Russie and spritzed on way too much Bois d'Armenie. I think I'll need some Bd'A in the near future ;-)

I'm so excited because on Nov 24, Sylvaine Delacourte (artistic director of Guerlain) is coming to the Spa and I have an appointment to meet with her to discuss Guerlains. Frankly, I'm completely intimidated. What will I ask? Will I sound ridiculous? Will my little toddler be in a good mood? So much research to do before hand! Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    You just keep cracking me up today, L. As I recall from Ms. Pup's picture, she, as I, could tolerate to miss one meal.
    She is a major fatso moose. What a chow hound (like everybody else in this house).

(post-dinner pre-bedtime rest time)
    Last edited by lilybelle; 11th November 2009 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potiron View Post
    Today, right after work I went to see Diana Krall and band in concert. Great musicians, I must say, including Miss Krall herself. Lots of improvisation, many soli, some jokes and laughs and lots of fun.
    Of course I had to wear something classy; so Amouage Dia it was for me today.

Have a great evening!
    I love Diana Krall! How nice that you got to see her live. I've never seen her live, but I saw her concert that was taped in Paris on TV (PBS), last year I think, and I was so impressed with the musicians, including her, and the quality of the show. You must have had a great time.

So In Love for me again today. It smelled so good on me Sunday that I just had to smell it again today. I was told I smell good today ; )......as if

Yesterday I opened my locker and you could smell Coromandel in my sweatshirt. Oh it smelled sooooo good. I think I might have to wear Coromandel again tomorrow. What a good smelling week I'm having lol.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Chanel #5
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer