Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S O T D Tuesday 10 November 2009

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Began my day with a tiny spritz of 28 La Pausa (thanks, VM!) then head to the Spa de Guerlain. Had a chance to try the Boise Torride which is, like all the other carnal elixirs, verrrrrry sweet. It isn't quite for me but it is popular so far, according to the lovely SA. I bought a bottle of Hiver en Russie and spritzed on way too much Bois d'Armenie. I think I'll need some Bd'A in the near future ;-)

I'm so excited because on Nov 24, Sylvaine Delacourte (artistic director of Guerlain) is coming to the Spa and I have an appointment to meet with her to discuss Guerlains. Frankly, I'm completely intimidated. What will I ask? Will I sound ridiculous? Will my little toddler be in a good mood? So much research to do before hand! Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Ask her to please make more Djedi!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi all,

Today I tested Amouage Lyric Man

Crispy citrus on top, quickly opening up into a spiced tea smell. Underneath the tea, rose crept in so quietly I almost didn't see it coming, but kept coming until it took over the heart of the scent. This is bright and fresh, but with a tiny touch of powder. I'm thinking some of the tea illusion may be caused by jasmine (I've been going nuts for jasmine tea lately, so I may be subconsciously linking the two smells together).

It's nice, and unisex, if on the feminine end of the spectrum. There's a moment in the progression of Tom Ford's Champaca Absolute that I've always liked, that's a spicy tea mixed with the citrusy champaca (unfortunately, this few minutes isn't really worth the hours of bubblegum champaca, for me). Lyric Man smells like that moment, but with rose.

I don't think I'm ready for a full bottle of this, though. It is awfully expensive, and this is nice, but it's not really speaking to me...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening all, love the talk of Ylang-Ylang. Did you know that it is the only essential oil that has a top, heart and base note all by itself. It is nature's perfect parfum.
    I am sending all types of positive vibes to all in need.

I had to go to doctor today and was diagnosed with Carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. Doctor said it is due to my work in the new house; mostly painting and plastering. I will now need to wear a splint for the next eight weeks. If the house does not kill me, it will be quite the homestead.

Ubu, I hope your sweet one will be be well soon and lay off the Monopoly for your sake.

Chaya lovey, Gott Sie danke, you are mobile and bouncy after that type of horror. love you to pieces, even though i am so lax in keeping in touch.

Potiron, so pleased you enjoyed DK in concert. Her voice is glorious, i would love to experience her live, hopefully one day.

Today i wore Rose Aoud by Micallef (thanks to ComDiva the enabler) which i am so crazed for and like Touch have no clue how i will ever find it again, or afford it for that matter. Still, i love it; the only Aoud scent i have ever liked, let alone have come to love.

Tonight i am wearing vintage Isadora extrait again. not only is the scent glorious beyond belief, but the bottle is exquisite also. I always feel like such a "lady" when i use it, as opposed to the hausfrau i have become.

Sending love and hugs to all of you.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 11th November 2009 at 02:37 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Vanille Galante. Not too much vanilla, eh? I like it though. Borders on aquatic, but not quite there. Smells overwhelmingly like flower stems. Lily, is my guess. Odd, but nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I LOVE Vanille Galante! In my top 10 for sure...I also get vanilla and salty, watery lily in VG.
    Veuve, you have this fragrance pegged. And VM, your description is "spot on", as they say in your country.

I love Vanille Galante, but it took two or three tries to reach that conclusion. It certainly wasn't what I expected! Do test it more than once, Veuve!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Une Rose by Frederic Malle (from a sample)...This is just one gorgeous fragrance. All I can say is, wow.
    Wow is right, MikeP! Une Rose is, hands down, the most "wow-inducing" fragrance I've ever tried. My husband loves it on me, too. What does yours think?

Speaking of roses, I spent the day in the shimmering and glorious Rose Musc by Sonoma Scent Studio. That Laurie Erickson sure knows how to do roses!
    Last edited by Haunani; 11th November 2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Forgot to report my SotD

Post Thanks / Like

Brielle, Carpal Tunnel gets the bestest of us! The hardest working, I mean. Mine is at bay now, but spring is coming...

Them lemons are bright, kumquat!

Love to 30Roses for "I do not know what else but it smells nice"!

Lilybelle, that's a fancy dog you have got. Good girl.

EM -- happy birthday, DD -- happy birthday too dear. Am I the first to say it?

The trip was nice if not very tiring. Every time I say Never again and every time I hop into the car and we hit the road. We broke down in Marshall, MO -- O'Reily had the part and we had all the tools. I was helping to fix the similar problem on another vehicle once before, so the delay in the trip was about 3 hours but we still came home around midnight. There is no place like home.

Today I received a package crammed with samples from Europe. TDC Oriental Lounge for the evening, Vanille Havana smelled sort of musky and wary out of the vial -- not want I wanted tonight for R&R in front of the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ...DD -- happy birthday too dear. Am I the first to say it?
    What?! It's Darkdreams' special day? DD, you are one sneaky gal! We can't let the day go by without a dark and dreamy cake just for you. Quick, blow out the candles and we can all gather and have a piece together!

Post Thanks / Like

DarkDreams, have a wonderful birthday and lots of Champagne also.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Post Thanks / Like

Hers is tomorrow, I am just jumping off... you know.... like always.

LOL, thank you for the wonderfully dark cake and wishes. I swear I saw it exactly at midnight. Hugs!
    I wore Black Aoud today, for the record.

Ms. Twolf, my b-day was today but even though you weren't the first, your nice thoughts are much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Wore L'Oiseau de Nuit for a long, long, day. I hope all is well with everyone! Oops! Happy Birthday, darkdreams!
    Last edited by Leesee; 11th November 2009 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Wanted to say HB to darkdreams

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to Darkdreams!

And, over on the mens' side, Happy Birthdays to Warlandsboy and Jickyman!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to shamelessly post my cake picture on tomorrow's SotD---hehe, happy happy DarkDreams

SotD was SIP Magazine Street, and SotN is Vol de Nuit extrait again.

Been ill with a cold for the past few days. I'm only wearing Woods-of-Windsor Forget-Me-Not talcum powder after a steamy bath. I can actually smell it!

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, DarkDreams!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, darkdreams!

Have some birthday plantains Hope you had a wonderful day!

My sotd is Alien. It's tenacious in the cooler weather! Yum.

Good night all!