Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default November 3 x 3: White Nights

You are cordially invited to our 3 x 3 party.

The theme: White Nights

The sniffers: Taolady, SMM, and kumquat

The host: Yours truly (if anyone would like to serve as a back-up host, please PM me)

The fragrances: one niche, one department store, and one drugstore/mass market

The date and time: Sniffing will start the morning of Tuesday, 11/17. However, your host may not be making an appearance that morning until the afternoon (she's on California time and a night owl, to boot), although she might post late the night before to get things started.

Be there or be square!
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: November 3 x 3: White Nights

Oh good.

Right off the bat: any connection with Fyodor Dostoyevsky?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Oh good.

Right off the bat: any connection with Fyodor Dostoyevsky?
    Shoot, you guessed it--it's his celebrity fragrance.

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Post Thanks / Like

*snickers snugly*

LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy. MY association was Aldous Huxley - in whose works, at age 15, I was first exposed to the expression "Nuits Blanches"....THRILLING to an adolescent who thought it was all about S-E-X!! (But then - I thought EVERYTHING was about S-E-X.)

I am being such a good girl...envelope still sealed!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Oh boy. MY association was Aldous Huxley - in whose works, at age 15, I was first exposed to the expression "Nuits Blanches". . . . I am being such a good girl...envelope still sealed!
    Hmmm, what would Aldous Huxley's fragrance smell like?

And good for you. I know that when I was a sniffer, I had a terrible time trying not to open Mike Perez's package ahead of time. I managed, but there was definitely a devil on one shoulder to balance the angel on my other shoulder.

Hmm, does Bing Crosby have a fragrance at all?
    You'll notice I have rather more low-brow associations. I wonder what that says about me.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Immediate association: the film White Nights with great dance performances of Mikhail Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines.

Mikhail Baryshnikov has fragrances in the Directory
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least something to wake Miss R up and make her post, right? Love you, R!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was thinking along the same lines as the Divine Miss R.
    I am also feeling inspired to perhaps weave another 3X3 into the world of Detective Metro Man and Basenotes City. Since Black Cat was one of the dramtis personae of the last installment there is some continuity in play.
    Hmmmm stay tuned my imagination is warming up let me see if I can come up with something.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Be her backup, SMM?

Be her backup, SMM?

Or maybe her White Knight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

White Nights-Prologue

I had survived Halloween and all that it brings to Candy Town. MJ and GM had only caused moderate amounts of mayhem and it was confined to the sweet side of Basenotes City. Capt. Osborne told me I needed a change of pace and told me to report to the lab and meet up with Black Cat. We had been introduced earlier in the year when I was placed on temporary duty in Lt. Perez’s squad. I had come to respect the prowess that Black Cat, along with sunnyfunny and debbbora, had shown in identifying fragrances. I was looking forward to seeing Black Cat again and exchanging some words on perfume.
    When I got to the lab there were two women I didn’t recognize sitting behind a table each with a little package wrapped in black tissue paper in front of them. Black Cat looked up when I walked in the door.
    “Nice to see you again Detective Metro Man”, she said.
    “Likewise, Capt. Osborne said you needed my help”
    She broke out that 100-watt smile and said, “Not exactly. I’m training some new cadets and based on Lt. Perez’s suggestion we all thought you could benefit from this exercise, as well.”
    Training just what any flat foot wants to be wasting his time doing. Just as I was about to make my eyeballs roll all the way to the back of my head, Black Cat interjected.
    “This should be something you’ll like. We’re going to have you three work together and see if you can identify some mystery fragrances. You did see how valuable using your nose can be in police work, didn’t you Detective?”
    I looked at the floor and mumbled, “Yeah I guess but there are more important…”
    Black Cat cut me off, “This will make you a better officer and a better detective, take the empty seat over there.”
    She pointed to the third seat next to the two ladies which also had an identical package in front of it.
    Black Cat introduced my collaborators as Taolady and kumquat. I nodded and smiled hello.
    Black Cat began and said, “On my mark you will each take out the labeled atomizers in front of you and one at a time we will go through them and you three will try to identify the fragrance in the vials. I will be here to help you along if you need it but I would really like to see you three work together to identify the fragrance.
    To make it a little bit easier I can tell you that one is a designer fragrance, one is a niche fragrance and one is a mass market fragrance. If you would please remove the vial labeled “A” from your package we will be ready to begin upon my mark”

TO BE CONTINUED

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reporting, Detective.

I do have to note that the trainees, as well as Detective SMM, have a ton of sniffing experience between them, albeit not on my squad. So it was not easy finding some samples that might pose a challenge. (We'll see if I succeed.)

Detective SMM, kumquat, and Taolady, please begin sniffing tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. I'm working the late shift tonight, so I will not be checking in until about 11 a.m. P.S.T., but please do start without me.

Please share the following impressions:
    - color of juice
    - fragrance family
    - notes detected
    - niche, department store, or drugstore/mass market
    - any other observations

Good sniffing. And let's be careful out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Case File: Sample A
    color of juice: pale yellow
    fragrance family: floral
    notes detected: strong soliflore, like a cleaned up jasmine or tuberose, the single floral note is all I detect 30 minutes in.
    I think the linearity and lack of complexity makes me believe this is a drugstore/mass market fragrance
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 17th November 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Probie Tao reporting in. (With many thanx to Black Cat for hosting - and who not only wrapped the samples in black tissue and twisted the ends of the wrap so the presentation looked like the head of a black cat - BUT included a couple little freebies.Pr-o-o-o-o-w!)

As the Detective said - the juice is pale yellow with very slight viscosity.

I spritzed it right onto my wrist (I only ever talk about what happens on my skin - not sufficiently objective to do the blotter thing. Sorry.)

First blast was jasmine, which segued into tuberose over VERY lightweight vanilla.

Stays close to the skin with very little sillage. It's been forty minutes and the fume has settled down nicely but is getting a little oily.

Not a lot of alcohol so I would guess an EDT.

Smells familiar - but that may be because I own a LOTTA white florals.

No guesses yet.

2 hours later: Almost vanished. Will reapply after shower and communicate.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 17th November 2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Obvious
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Further observations on Sample A. After 5 hours it was almost entirely gone reinforcing my belief that it is a mass market brand or perhaps an all-natural as I've had longevity issues with some of those too.
    As the flowers got more faint I also picked up some of the vanilla that Taolady spoke of.
    This is really all about one very sweet floral note.
    I made a guess but it really is more of a shot in the dark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very floral topnote, could be gardenia?
    Juice is pale yellow.
    In keeping with the theme , it couldn't be Datura Noir, could it?

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, team!

Nice sniffing so far. SMM PM'd me two good guesses--BBW Wild Honeysuckle and CSP Vanille Jasmine--but it's neither of those. It does have jasmine listed as a note, as well as the tuberose noted. Interesting, vanilla is not a listed note, but I agree that it's there, although it shows up lightly on me.

Fragrance A shares a few notes, as well as a "vibe," in common with Datura Noir. But it isn't DN.

Here are a few more questions:

How is its development? Complex or linear?

Do you notice any gentle fruit note at all? How about any other flowers underlying the jasmine and tuberose?

Post Thanks / Like

And kumquat, I missed your mention of gardenia. It does have gardenia as well.

You all have captured all the white flower notes in the fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

If vanilla is not in the official list of notes, can it be coconut + musk that A dries down to?

Any light woods?

Kumquat, any heliotrope (powderiness) at all? Lilacs? Linden blossom? Iris? Violet? Roses?

Bath and Body Works Gardenia? EL PC TG?

Gentle fruit can be pear, peach, light citrus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think there could be coconut & maybe banana. I don't know about the musk. Some citrus, too.
    Last edited by kumquat; 17th November 2009 at 07:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got a little coconut upon reflection which makes me think of one possibility.
    Let me see if I'm right.
    Off to the directory I go to see if my feeble memory is right.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't pick up any fruit at all - nor woods - flowers straight through and toward the end I got a hint of what might be gardenia, which can come close to tuberose for me. I had the same thought as SMM - that it might be a natural.

On the SotD thread nukapai suggested Jardins de Bagatelles - no way nearly as complex or rich. Hasn't the depth or impact of the Lauder and I've never experienced the BandBW.

After it had gone away I sprayed on one of my fave white flowers - Madeleine de Madeleine - which has the same vibe but is much more robust and heady.

Not ready to guess. (code for "haven't a clue"!)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 17th November 2009 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

One of Twolf's fruit guesses is right. It's very light and complementary, but it's there, especially in the top notes.

There is no coconut or banana note listed, but to me there is a hint of coconut in the sense that the frag has a slightly beachy and creamy aspect to it (thus the similar vibe to Datura Noir).

SMM PM'd me with Yosh White Flowers and kumquat with L'Eau Nirique. Good guesses, but no.

Hints:
    - This is not a niche fragrance.
    - At least one fragrance reviewer has picked up a purple flower in the drydown, although that note is not listed.
    - Does the opening of this fragrance remind you of a classic white floral and if so, which one?

Post Thanks / Like

A few more PM'd guesses:

Ineespenes joined in the fun and guessed Dark Crystal. I haven't sniffed that for awhile, but I believe that is a darker and spicer fragrance than Fragrance A.

SMM guessed Pecksniff's White Floral and Anthousa Tuberose. I've never smelled PWF, although it sounds lovely--orange blossom, ylang ylang, tuberose, gardenia, and jasmine. Frag A only has jasmine, gardenia, and tuberose listed as white flowers, and none of the top notes or base notes of PWF either.

I have sniffed Anthousa Tuberose, and that does smell reminiscent of Fragrance A because they both focus on tuberose. However, the Anthousa also has notes listed (including orange flower, neroli petals, white lily, ylang ylang, magnolia, and honeysuckle) which Fragrance A does not.

Hint: this fragrance was issued before 2000. In fact, before 1990.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Taolady and I have had the same experience this one has stayed floral all the way through, on me. I am having trouble picking anything else up other than a light vanilla very late in the development.
    Pre-1990 off to the directory again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Taolady and I have had the same experience this one has stayed floral all the way through, on me. I am having trouble picking anything else up other than a light vanilla very late in the development.
    Pre-1990 off to the directory again.
    Yep, not much in the way of top notes. Or base notes.

SMM has guessed White Shoulders. Getting closer. . . .

Fragrance A would usually be available in the same store where White Shoulders is available. (SMM, you were warm when you first guessed the type of fragrance it is, but I didn't want to end the search too quickly!)

Also, one of the listed notes in White Shoulders is the floral note that I mentioned earlier (a note mentioned in a prominent review, although it is not a listed note).

So far, you've guessed the official notes of tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, and one of the mild fruits mentioned earlier by Twolf. There is only one other official note left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is it in the Basenotes directory?
    Based on the clues and my searching I can't find anything that matches anymore.
    The only one left that comes close is Carolina herrera but Taolady owns that and I'm sure she'd have recognized it.
    I can't find anything with jasmine, tuberose, and gardenia from pre-1990

Post Thanks / Like

Can't be Carolina Herrera, it is a very potent scent with honey woody drydown. Just can't be.

How about other drug store staples, like Jontue for example (as per BC's "same store where White Shoulders is available")?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm going to tak another wild guess, based on the name, and say -
    Evening in Paris
    The classic scent includes a blend of the following: ylang ylang, violet, cedar, turkish rose, vanilla, peach, musk and bergamont.
    Its packaging is still very well recognised today, a cobalt blue tasseled flacon or bottle, it is even now sought after by vintage collectors.
    Last edited by kumquat; 18th November 2009 at 01:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with kumquat that it is a light PEACH note utilized in fragrance A. (by exclusion: pear was not used back then, light citrus is not really fruit in perfumery ).

How about Revlon Charlie White?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

...Good sniffing. And let's be careful out there.
    Sgt.Phil Esterhaus says hi.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevI8xCAKuc"]YouTube- Hill Street Blues Theme[/ame]
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

"Purple flower" in the prominent review has to be lilacs, I suppose.
    Prominent review -- has to be by LT or TS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I found the drugstore frag with violet in it & 'Evening' in the name, now I'm pooped!
    PS - Now I'm getting a 'hairspray' note, which to me says, 'orris' (iris). So is that the blue flower?
    Last edited by kumquat; 18th November 2009 at 01:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think BlackCat said she is working tonight, but as per two of her comments, it is a phantom purple flower that is oficially NOT listed as a note but at least one of the prominent reviewer felt while sniffing A (can be iris, violet, lilacs, heliotrope and lavender -- you guys pick, you have a sample).

Dana Ambush?
    Last edited by Twolf; 18th November 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't see anyone getting violet from this one.
    lilac or heliotrope could definitely be thought of.
    kumquat said she was getting the hairspray note of orris so I guess that means iris could be here too

Hmmm... what brands could have been found in the aisles alongside White Shoulders? From your descriptions, it sure does sound mass market or drugstore, as SMM guessed and BlackCat confirmed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I might have it
    Coty Sand & Sable
    In Tania Sanchez's review she says she smells lilac at the end.
    The note list I found has tuberose, jasmine, gardenia, rose, green notes and peach.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are right! And if not, it should be considered as a right answer, since all the clues led us to lilacs, peach and a famous reviewer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I think I might have it
    Coty Sand & Sable
    In Tania Sanchez's review she says she smells lilac at the end.
    The note list I found has tuberose, jasmine, gardenia, rose, green notes and peach.
    Hooray! :bounce: Nicely done, all.

(Sorry to be away so long--my evening appointment went way over.)

Coty's Sand and Sable was released in 1983. It's a cologne spray. Listed notes are (depending where you're looking) tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, rose, and peach. I've seen green notes listed in some descriptions. like the one SMM found, but I've never smelled green myself. And yes, the lilac observation comes from Turin and Sanchez.

I picked Sand and Sable for a couple of reasons.

First of all, I think it's one of the best values out there. While not a world beater or a cutting-edge fragrance, the quality is good, especially for the price. I was curious to see whether seasoned noses might think it could be niche or department store despite lack of longevity (although Detective SMM did make the drugstore guess right up front, darn him).

Second, it's one that isn't talked about much, and I wanted to make it more advanced for this skilled group.

Third, it fits the theme of "White Nights" for me. The "White" part is obvious, but the "Nights" part less so, since S&S strikes me as a summery day fragrance given its beachy nature. But the "Sable" in the title makes me think of cold winter nights.

O.K., sniffers, ready for Fragrance B in the morning?

P.S. Odysseum, glad I'm not the only one that remembers Hill Street Blues.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 18th November 2009 at 04:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

BlackCat, What classical scent is A's beginning supposed to resemble, BTW?

Congratulations to SMM and everyone else.

I wore and enjoyed it back in 1995, and it was mostly in Egypt during the hot summer evenings. Totally agree about the best value for the price. I do get green beginning but I am not sure is these are leaves/stems or just green tuberose, need to retest.

Thanks for the wonderful fragrance and seriously worthy clues.

Post Thanks / Like

BlackCat, What classical scent is A's beginning supposed to resemble, BTW?

Thanks for the wonderful fragrance and seriously worthy clues.
    Some refer to it as "Fracas Lite."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Case File: Sample B

color of juice: clear as water
    fragrance family: oriental/gourmand
    notes detected: I got some lemon andcardamom off the top along with a fruity note, maybe apricot. It has settled into a sweet almost caramel heart there's a floral here but its only starting to peek out as I write.

I think this is the niche sample because this feels like it has a quality of ingredients to it that I associate with niche.
    I think this is a pretty unisex fragrance as I would certainly wear this much more readily than I would Sample A
    It doesn't have much sillage on me and is wearing pretty close to my skin

Post Thanks / Like

THAT'll teach me to spritz before reading. Had re-applied A to contribute more findings (CONGRATS to SMM for the solve) and here it's old news already.

Off to scrub and re-enter the fray!

25 minutes later: Had to re-examine my sample vial to make sure I had the correct one becuz BOY did the first notes of this frag come off as woody!

Clear, like SMM says. First blast is very green and slightly sour and oily. Quickly settles and I'm getting - maybe - Hinoki? No sweetness yet but -perhaps - jasmine? And some citrus. This may be more "Nights" than white....

Have to go...will report in later.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 18th November 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, that explains the Beach reference, I completely missed that one. I was thinking the end note seemed more like bluebells.

Good work on that SMM, I was really stuck on the name thing!
    Last edited by kumquat; 18th November 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sample B - To me seems like the Dept store frag. It has that sweet vanilla blast at first (probably tonka). I can't begin to think in terms of floral at this point. It's kind of woody, like sandalwood?

WoW--this is pretty fun. I was thinking it would be great to do blind studies to examine frags and notes and see who the real nose detectives were. I'm not in this realm yet. I love the game though. I'll be watching on the sidelines and guessing just from what you're all writing. Alright flatfoots, hit the fragrant pavement.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would say this has low sillage as it is fading fast. I have only had it on for 1/2 hour and it has softened way down to a whisper. I'm still getting mostly a woody scent.
    Last edited by kumquat; 18th November 2009 at 03:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is reminding me of something by Paul Smith for some reason. I think it is the tonka.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This completely changed character once i got outside in to the cold and started walking to work. In the cold I got a very sharp floral note that I usually associate with violet.
    Now some 6 hours after application there is hardly a hint of it left.
    I felt there was some decent complexity at first but now I think iIconcur with kumquat and think this is also the department store entry.
    My initial attmapt at notes goes like this
    Top: Lemon, cardamom
    Middle: Violet
    Base: Vanilla or Tonka perhaps something that give a bit of a caramel feel on me.
    I'll wait until BlackCat gives us some more direction and until i get home tonight and can spritz some more on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is fading to a synthetic light floral. In keeping with the theme of White floral I will guess maybe it's magnolia. It could be lily. I also am noticing a soapiness in the dry-down. I am not sure what note that would indicate.
    Last edited by kumquat; 18th November 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! We've got quite differing responses this time. Just goes to show the differences in chemistries.

Like Taolady and kumquat, on my skin, I get wood immediately. It's not sandalwood, though. Any other guesses? Is the wood wet or dry?

No cardamom listed. But nice job noticing a bit of spice/kick. What else could it be?

This is not categorized as an oriental/gourmand, although if SMM's skin is eating the wood and other elements, I could see why he'd reach that conclusion.

SMM, good call on finding fruit as well as citrus. The citrus listed is not lemon, but it's close.

This does not have vanilla or tonka listed as notes. It does have something listed which reads sweet and warm, which I think may come across as vanilla.

Taolady, good call: this is definitely more "nights" than "white." I'm almost cheating in including this in the "White Nights" category, but it does have one white flower in it, as well as a few with color (but not violets). The white flower doesn't predominate, but it's there.

This is not marketed as unisex, but I agree, it can be worn by both genders.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 18th November 2009 at 05:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I guessed the wood as Hinoki...is that anywhere close? And the sharp note I thought might be coriander. I think the base is a light amber - and the flower I thought was jasmine is seeming warmer, maybe camellia? (Am referencing BC's note to the "Night"...Camille? Um....courtesan=night? ????? Oh well.)

And the citrus I would guess as neroli. The fruit as a berry of some sort.....

Quarry talks about sugar skin - skin that accentuates sweetness? Mine devours sweet - so fumes like SOD - that gag some people - are tamed and yummy on me. Which may be why the sweetness Kumquat and SMM mention is not very present on me.

On me this is a woody floral.

And where does Drug Store leave off and Department Store begin? Both can include "Designer" frags.......

Oh yeah...and ditto on the low wattage and lack of sillage and longevity.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 18th November 2009 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The white flower is jasmine. Any idea about the non-white flowers?

As for the wood, hinoki is not the listed wood note, but Fragrance B likely has more than one wood note. Since I haven't yet smelled hinoki (at least not as far as I know), I can't weigh in much more than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and the listed citrus note is not neroli. It's similar to lemon, but more "exotic."

That's funny that I'm the only one who gets a lot of projection from this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Vanilla + tonka = benzoin!

Make the list of all the woods possible: sandalwood, cedarwood, cocobolo, wacapou (acapu), cashmere, rosewood, macassar, agarwood, tamboti, acajou, mahogani, guaiacwood, massoia, aoud, feel free to add more! Go using the exclusion method -- no, do not smell this.

No lemon? Kumquat? Lime?

What's the character? Pensive or bubbly? Sad or happy?

Can the word "dark", "evening", "nuit" be in the name -- only one white floral. What are the other "darker"florals used? Orchids can project as vanilla, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is wood here!?
    I didn't get a hint of wood on me, yow.
    I'm looking forward to re-spritzing when I get home.

Exotic citrus that is tart like lemon but unusual I'll have to cogitate on that on my walk home.
    Taolady i like the call on coriander that could be what I thought was cardamom. There is some spice element up near the top.
    If its not violet in the heart I'm going to have to think of another floral that gets all sharp on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Not benzoin, at least as a listed note, but good guess. No amber listed, but you're getting closer word-wise.

In this case, the fragrance's name has nothing to do with White or Nights.

Coriander is not a listed note.

The citrus fruit isn't kumquat or lime. When you get this note, it will be easy to find out the fragrance, because there aren't a whole lot of fragrances that list this note.

On the woods, I did some research on some of the notes, and it turns out one note I thought was a wood was not a wood. So the only reference to wood in the official listing is a very generic one. It could very well be hinoki, which I believe is a dry wood (no wet woods in this fragrance). However, to me, it reads very cedary--I get pencil shavings.

Taolady, I agree--on me, it's a woody floral with some fruit and a bit of sweetness, but fairly dry overall. I always thought I magnified sweetness, but maybe not, or at least not all sweet notes.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 18th November 2009 at 08:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So you thought it was wood but it wasn't? It couldn't be vetiver, no way.