Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Burberry London for Men Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    has anyone smelled the lighter floral special edition wrapped in dark brown leather:

as well as the newer black leather-wrapped special edition:

I realize they are different formulas, but I have only tried the earlier brownish-copper (men's) special edition.
    Wondering how prominent the pineapple/apple are in the black version, as well as if the tobacco has been pulled back...

...any comparison between the 2009 black leather sp. ed. and the 2008 brown leather sp. ed. is appreciated.
    I'm trying to figure all this out. Is the Grey one an EDP?Looks like it according to this offer

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/info.html/pid.1021618363
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I wish it was an EDP. The Burberry Londons could use a bit longer lasting presence. 6-7 hours for me but I would like longer because I like it so much. I see conflicting EDP and EDT descriptions for the same color (black/grey) 2009 special edition on amazon. I have seen many EDT's described as EDP's by mistake by sellers for other fragrances when there was in fact no EDP made. Not everyone is a basenoter I know but it annoys me when sellers do that.

Md1grwl - you have the 2009 version. Does the box say EDT or EDP? Thanks

^all 3 versions of Burberry London for MEN I've tried are clearly marked EDT. only the women's versions come in EDP.
    has anyone smelled the lighter floral special edition wrapped in dark brown leather:

as well as the newer black leather-wrapped special edition:

I realize they are different formulas, but I have only tried the earlier brownish-copper (men's) special edition.
    Wondering how prominent the pineapple/apple are in the black version, as well as if the tobacco has been pulled back...

...any comparison between the 2009 black leather sp. ed. and the 2008 brown leather sp. ed. is appreciated.
    The Blackish-charcoal leather-wrapped special edition turns out to be my favorite of them all. I liked the copper-brown leather wrapped "floral/fresh" one, but it was just too subtle and lacking the apple/cinnamon accord strongly like the Original. This black-leather version pulls out all the tobacco from the base, thankfully, as that tobacco note always went all stale and dry "cigarette" on me, never nice smooth pipe tobacco, always dry cigs. It also freshens the entire composition with violet leaf, and "watery jasmine", also adding green Pineapple and plum to the apple cinnamon accord. This sounds like it would smell too feminine, but it doesn't, it smells like a fresher pineapple burberry london without all that dry tobacco, just patchouli. If you like the oriiginal London, Baldinini, Aventus, Cerruti Fresh Energy, or even Riverside Drive or Nightflight (although those last 2 have a different, sweeter/dulled pineapple), you will likely enjoy the black-leather special edition Burberry London.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I've been dying to find this one as the original London is one of my favourites for sure, but I haven't seen a bottle anywhere and don't want to pull Ebay on this in case I accidentally buy a limited edition bottle instead of the special edition scent. I might just have to dive in anyway though.
    Can someone clarify this statement? What is the difference between the "limited" edition and "special" edition?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexbroPA View Post
    Can someone clarify this statement? What is the difference between the "limited" edition and "special" edition?
    there is no difference. people are mistakenly calling it the special edition... its really called the limited edition. there's only 1, and its the 'limited edition'

i have a basically full bottle still up for sale if anyone is interested (check my for sale thread)

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    there is no difference. people are mistakenly calling it the special edition... its really called the limited edition. there's only 1, and its the 'limited edition'

i have a basically full bottle still up for sale if anyone is interested (check my for sale thread)
    Actually, you have it backwards. They are called Special Edition. The name Limited Edition name is a mistake.

^Right, b0n3z, it's "Special Edition", indicated clearly on the packaging of BOTH special editions...
    Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    There is not only one, I have owned/tried BOTH "special edition" versions, and they are each a different variation on the fruity/spicy/fresh aspects of Burberry London.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

So what is the difference between the two special editions? London is one of my favorite fragrances - I'm interested in trying these other two out, though unsure if they bat a bit too close to London's plate to warrant a purchase.

Limited Edition, Special Edition...Black bottles, brown bottles....I'm confused.

Well the juice is different from the original London, I can tell ya that. I got it at Ross and ended up returning it becuase I thought it was just a different bottle. The juice is extremely low profile, little sillage and longevity. It does take some of the original London, thin it out, make it more discreet and add some more green/floral and powdery notes. It isn't bad but it it's no Burberry London for sure.

I just got back from sampling London special edition 2009 black/grey leather. Sprayed on at 2:10pm and at 4:20 pm it is at drydown

It has a little LESS longevity then the original london (30min-1hrs) less and should have a bit LESS projection due to the fruity notes, on my skin should last 3-4 hours and I have average skin.

The scent is borderline Boss Bottled + Original burberry london. Think Boss bottled's Apple/Cinnamon/Spice + everything in london minus the Tobacco mixed together and that should be what you get. I must say it's a bit more unique than boss bottled, but theres no reason to get the special edition if you have either of the mentioned bottles since. Boss gives me a solid 6-7 hours so theres less of a reason to get the special edition.

Conclusion: Pass, will get after I finish my 3.4 oz boss bottled.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

I have the brown one, its basically original london with citrus notes, but i've asked some friends and they prefered the special edition brown one more then the original london. I want to try the black one too

So there are now two special editions? One in 2008 by the original nose Antoine M. & another in 2009? Maybe the pictures are from a different angle and showing the 2008 bottle looking darker???? I'm confused somewhat. I'm curious as to which one Jock has sampled. 2008 or 2009? I think it's great news if there is another "darker" version the the original.

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    I have the brown one, its basically original london with citrus notes, but i've asked some friends and they prefered the special edition brown one more then the original london. I want to try the black one too
    I have been trying to find this elusive brown edition to compare to the gray version to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Picasso View Post
    So there are now two special editions? One in 2008 by the original nose Antoine M. & another in 2009? Maybe the pictures are from a different angle and showing the 2008 bottle looking darker???? I'm confused somewhat. I'm curious as to which one Jock has sampled. 2008 or 2009? I think it's great news if there is another "darker" version the the original.
    I have the gray version and I will tell you it's not darker. It's a fresher than the original.

I think there is only one Burberry Special or Limited Edition for men. The darker grey/black bottle is the woman's EDT. Please correct me if I am wrong.

just check fragrantica if you are confused about the editions of london, honestly it's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    just check fragrantica if you are confused about the editions of london, honestly it's not that hard.
    Thanks for the clarification!

No problem, don't know how you can get them mixed up.

^all 3 versions of Burberry London for MEN I've tried are clearly marked EDT. only the women's versions come in EDP.The Blackish-charcoal leather-wrapped special edition turns out to be my favorite of them all. I liked the copper-brown leather wrapped "floral/fresh" one, but it was just too subtle and lacking the apple/cinnamon accord strongly like the Original. This black-leather version pulls out all the tobacco from the base, thankfully, as that tobacco note always went all stale and dry "cigarette" on me, never nice smooth pipe tobacco, always dry cigs. It also freshens the entire composition with violet leaf, and "watery jasmine", also adding green Pineapple and plum to the apple cinnamon accord. This sounds like it would smell too feminine, but it doesn't, it smells like a fresher pineapple burberry london without all that dry tobacco, just patchouli. If you like the oriiginal London, Baldinini, Aventus, Cerruti Fresh Energy, or even Riverside Drive or Nightflight (although those last 2 have a different, sweeter/dulled pineapple), you will likely enjoy the black-leather special edition Burberry London.
    Thanks for the info, DULLAH. I'm really interested in the black special edition with fruity notes. How's its longevity (is it any better than the original's)?

Hi. I am confused.
    Here's the backdrop: I recently got this cologne on ebay by mistake; that is to say, the seller shipped me the wrong one. It's called Burberrys of London For Men. Well, the other buyer (wth my cologne I actually won) never responded, so I just decided to keep this and I even told the seller not to worry about giving me a partial refund (which she offered me to keep it).

Here's the story: I never smelled it nor sprayed it until it was officially mine, and whenI did, WOW!!!!! It is classy and awesome and just plain delicious! I think I may have an original, but I am not sure. The bottle has "Burberrys" in big letters, then "OF LONDON" underneath. Then, a little below that, "FOR MEN", and down near the base it says "EAU DE TOILETTE". Do I have a real gem or just a cZ? Either way, this smells GREAT!! I have attached the actual picture. What is this???

Am I missing the photo somewhere? Don't see the attachment.

Hi. Yes- I messed up. If you can help me, I can post the picture. It is saved on my computer. I am most curious about this Burberrys. Thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hi. I am trying this again- I hope this picture comes out of my Burberrys of london. If so, is this a good one?
    Last edited by karazzmatic; 15th May 2012 at 03:12 AM.

No - can't be viewed but can't help you either as I'm not the most tech savvy person. I did it once a long time but have forgotten what I did. I'm sure a knowledgeable person will chime in and help you out.

Hi. Look again- I just posted it- I used photobucket for the image url. What can you tell me about this Burberrys? (my phone took a decent picture- LOL)

I can see it now. It looks like the original Burberrys for Men. It looks legit, but I'm no expert on detecting fakes. I have this but can't remember what my bottle looks like. Not near my collection at the moment.

Cool. Update me when you get a chance. I am very curious (and quite lucky- I suppose). Thanks.