Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Psssst! Courreges Empreinte (don't tell anybody, OK?)

......... is available in three sizes for a very, oh very very decent price at parfum1. (No affiliation, only by guilt). Re-issue? Old stock? Anyone know?

I know just one more fan besides me -- kewart in the UK -- but it is a must to try for everyone whose heart begins flipping at the phrase old school chypre.

BTW, it has not been there a week ago or many more times I have been checking.

Last edited by Twolf; 13th November 2009 at 10:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Psssst! Courreges Empreinte (don't tell anybody, OK?)

I love Empreinte, i just wish i had more of a fragrance budget at the moment. it is a grand classic. Would love to know if it is re-formulated.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Hillaire

Empreinte is gorgeous, gorgeous... perfect for men, too. It's my favorite from Courreges, and almost never seen. Thanks for this tip!

I used to wear Courreges en Bleu, and Sweet Courreges, loved them both. Can someone compare Empreinte to anything? It does sound lovely.

This sounds like a fabulous deal!

I took the plunge
    Last edited by Zibeline; 13th November 2009 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, but at $60 the shipping is prohibitive!
    That would make it 3 times the cost of the scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Ask someone in the USA to buy it for you and ship to you as a gift (for Customs purposes only), declared as Used Cosmetics/Christmas Ornament. You will then pay the person through PayPal or buy something of equal value -- that's not available here in the USA -- and call it a Swap ot something.

Ladies, please help her out if you can.

I also saw it appearing at other Web Discounters, perhaps their shipping costs are less?
    Last edited by Twolf; 14th November 2009 at 07:30 PM.

I have loved Empreinte big-time since its birth and am now slowly working my way through an edp of it purchased in the early '90s.

There seems to be a recent mini-glut of Empreinte at the discounters. I also recently saw it at a brick and mortar parfumerie. All of these sighting were of the bottle(s) housed in the clear plastic box. I asked the proprietor of the perfume shop how old these were. He was a bit cagy, but did say the bottle were "fairly" recent and not vintage. He said that Empreinte has always been available on a limited basis in Europe - don't know how true that is - maybe one of our European members knows?

At any rate, every bottle of Empreinte I've purchased up to my current one was boxed in a white box with gold lettering. I've seen the clear packaging before - I've seen Eau de Courreges and Sweet Courreges in this setup available until about 2000 or so.

Don't know if Empreinte has been re-formulated or not. The guy in the perfume shop did say that his tester was "very old" and was not one of his recently acquired stock (sheesh, so crack one open, fella!). My experience of Empreinte is of a dry, tangy, sharp and woody fragrance with animalic overtones. My bottle definitely speaks of civet and castoreum to me. No vanilla, very little floral. Not a ton of oakmoss either - this is not a damp mossy scent. I tend to think of this scent as part of a triumvirate alongside Cialenga (Balenciaga) and Miss Balmain. The three are not so similar, but they share qualities and an essential spirit of femininity that is non-sweet, gutsy and forward-looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Ms.Z here, I caved in and purchased a 1.7 oz bottle from parfum1, it is on its way to me and should be here soon (fingers crossed). I will let you know how good or bad it is now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Psssst! Courreges Empreinte (don't tell anybody, OK?)

Now you girls know I would be reading this thread and you are contributing the delinquency of my fragrance budget. Maybe on the 1st of 2010. Good to go for a guy you say. Hummm, a heavy vanilla, spice and bergamot, well the adventure continues.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 19th December 2009 at 02:45 AM.