Code of Conduct

Default Iris - new perfume by Donna Karan

I just got some info about new Donna Karan perfume.
    And as it`s devoted to iris, it got my attention. Any iris lovers could appreciate it as well.

"This new luxurious fragrance is the latest addition to the Donna Karan Collection of Fragrances, an iconic and classic wardrobe of fragrances from the past and the present.
    Like the other scents, Donna Karan Iris is distinct and memorable, ready to be a woman's everyday signature or one she wears to express an individual mood.
    An exquisite flower, a sensually elegant scent. Long coveted for its richness and rarity, the Iris is the flower of luxury, power and majesty. Its aromatic allure lay in its roots, which produces Orris Butter, the molten gold of scent.
    Donna Karan Iris embraces the intrigue of Orris Butter and Iris Absolute with fresh top notes of Magnolia, Rose da Mai, and Violet Flower with sensual undertones of Cedar
    and Skin-on-Skin Musks.
    The result: the epitome of an elegant masterpiece, illuminating the woman and
    captivating her soul."

As I tried this, it`s the perfume which reminds me a lot of different iris scents, from Iris Silver Mist SL to Passage #8 Christian Dior.
    Iris and violet are the most prominent in flower section. Then Iso E Super & musk.
    I rather like it.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Re: Iris - new perfume by Donna Karan

Haha, I wonder what "Iris Absolute" smells like. Nice copy there.

Another one joins the iris bandwagon...God bless that company that made orris butter cheap!

Does anyone know when this will released as I am very eager to try it?

This sounded intriguing until I spotted the magnolia note. I hope its not too much, as it can kill an otherwise promising fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Does anyone know when this will released as I am very eager to try it?
    It is in the stores in the UK now , so guess it will be out everywhere ,I only smelled it briefly as I had just sprayed a load of Wenge on.It seemed very light ,feminine and of course lots of powdery Iris .Didn't give it too much attention as Iris is not one of my favourite notes !!

Yes House of Fraser online have it in stock. My local store does not have it, but I was interested in sniffing it.
    DONNA