Code of Conduct

Default JACQUES FATH POUR L'HOMME (new versus old)

Has any tried the L'Homme in the new bottle ? Is the scent still heady and sweet????

Last edited by scentimus; 14th November 2009 at 03:13 AM.

Default Re: JACQUES FATH POUR L'HOMME (new versus old)

Any thoughts?

I´ve just received a decant of (I guess) the new version. Heady and sweet? Yup. But is it different from the old version? Are the topnotes different? I´ve seen pyramids mentioning mint and then there are others that include cedar needles or pine...

Thanks in advance!

Nobody?

Blog Entries

BUMP! Because I've come across sellers with two different boxes! Any B'Noters know their Jacques Fath scents?

Thanks!!!!

Have only the original and my bottle does not look like the one in the picture. Great stuff by the way.

I have tried a few samples of this.. I can't quite say when the samples were from, but when I looked at the back of the sample card it said 2005. With that said.. I recall a primarily lavender and vanilla fragrance with a little mint.. I know.. sounds like Le Male.. and I think they are quite similar. Le Male though is more synthetic. l'Homme was excellent, lasted a good long while, projected nicely. And, yes.. very sweet.

Green Water (which I own) is another excellent one by this house. Longevity is pretty bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Green Water (which I own) is another excellent one by this house.
    Agree.

Basenotes Plus

I have the bottle (and box) as shown - I didn't pursue Vintage because no ingredients in the original, to my knowledge, were banned by IFRA. I heard about this scent before and thanks to my friend, Slayerized, I blind-bought a 75ml bottle at a very good price, NIB.

It is a very good composition - warm amber, rich spices and a very nice note of ambergris along with an interesting composition. I tried to find vanilla and it is simply not there for me. This is an amber-based scent, differentiating it from a lot of Le Male-esque scents. Actually, the association never even entered my mind until I read a post above. This is entirely different. Great depth of notes, but not heavy. Very good longevity due to the amber.

There are notes in this that evoke a nice lightness - mint, the lavender, violet and other florals all shine...and the bergamot really showed well for at least 20 minutes on top. I didn't get the raspberry loudly last night (which is a listed note on another site). And, the olibanum showed in the early dry down (a wisp of incense) the wafted up into the end of the heart. Ethereal in vibe - not a heavy incense. The amber and ambergris really work well together here. Amber warming the base and the ambergris allowing a radiance of notes. Some wood is present - but not heavy. A full blend here with various notes peaking through. While it is very well-integrated, note separation is possible and discerning them takes a bit of patience and spraying from a bit of distance. Personally, I like to wear a few shots close-in and mist a few shots over the top and on my clothes. I find this true with a lot of Orientals that have depth, richness combined with lighter notes that need air to breathe. A really nice aura scent that radiates for hours.

Quality-to-price ratio - Excellent.

Cheers.

ericrico
    Last edited by ericrico; 30th October 2013 at 04:23 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Nothing much to add to what ericrico just splendidly wrote down.
    He indeed bought it on behalf of my recommendation as I blind bought it being bargained for €14,95 which was a steal as it is indeed a gem for winter and colder fall days!
    This new version is excellent! (about the old bottle I don't know anything about, but I guess juice hardly changed if not at all.........)
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)