Code of Conduct

Thread: Coconut anyone?

Default Coconut anyone?

And wondering what your favorite coconut scents are. I love coconut but have yet to find a perfume that has coconut, that I like. I have Sage Mechado's Coral, which is wearable but I'm not in love with it.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Coconut anyone?

There is a coconut milk note in Premier Figuier-- that is about as much coconut as I can wear.

oo, almond and coconut. I bet that's lovely. Sadly, fig is not my skin's friend. Sigh.

Harajuku Lovers G by Gwen Stefani
    Victoria's Secret Beauty of Brazil (2009)
    Ralph Lauren Hot
    http://stinasperfume.blogspot.com

Hillaire

Jolie Madame has the perfect amount for me; it's definitely there, but not so much it resembles suntan products.

Yves Rocher makes a plain Coconut scent, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess. I wish it was available year round.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe By Kilian's Beyond Love has coconut in it but it's not perceptible to me.Anything with coco monoi in it will have my love !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 17th November 2009 at 04:35 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere.

Smells like it contains the tender coconut milk/pulp, just in the right quantities -- never obnoxious.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SL Datura Noir has coconut, I think. I think this one is sometimes described as a "dry coconut" note, but the fragrance, overall, is a little on the sweet side.

I also have Nicolai's Cococabana. I like it, but it gets mixed reviews. Definite coconut note there...

I think there may be another Nicolai that is similar - maybe Juste Un Reve?

I've tried Cococabana, not sure what it was that didn't work for me. Maybe the jasmine
    I'll give the Cadjimere a shot, I do like PG. and the Killians,
    Omnia Madera has coconut, but I get more caramel from it than coconut. It's a fav of mine though, nonetheless
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...mo/Madera.html
    Last edited by mamakat7; 17th November 2009 at 03:58 PM.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere.
    Yeah, baby. Also, Chopard Casmir.

And … from http://www.coconuthutbeauty.com, Island Embrace. IE is the only one I've tried, but the setup is this: You chose the product you want, then select a fragrance from the drop-down scent menu.
    Last edited by Quarry; 17th November 2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: addition
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

Not me, can't stand it, be it a fragrance or food. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I second SL Datura Noir and Bronze Godess.Like to add Crystal noir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Third Datura Noir and Bronze Goddess, and second on Crystal Noir. Also, Sage Machado Onyx is a good one, as is Lily Pulitzer's Beachy. If you want a fatty coconut that's not too sweat but very fleshy, go for The Body Shop's Coconut body butter. It's highly fragranced and moisturizing!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I love Montale's Intense Tiare!

I love coconut, too! I wish Bronze Goddess smelled like anything on me - all I get is a bummer of a faint, burnt plastic. Ugh. Good thing I didn't blind buy it like I was sorely tempted to!

You should check out La Maison de la Vanilla's fragrances. Quite a few have coconut and/or tropical vibes that might be right up your alley.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Lena, I actually do have a couple of samples of Le Maison, I've got Mexique and Tahiti and both have a really strong smokey vanilla scent and not a whole lot else. I like them but was a little disappointed by their lack of complexity. I'll have to keep sampling them and working on what I can smell out of them I suppose

I think I've tried Datura Noir, but would have to check back on my orders to know for sure. If I did, it must not have made enough of an impression on me to make note of.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlos Santana for Her (sample A from the previous 3 x 3 sniff) has coconut. It smelled similar to Crystal Noire.

Also Creed's Virgin Island Water has coconut I believe.
    Although I have never smelled it, Cococabana by Patricia de Nicolai has coconut.
    Evenstar

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to EL Bronze Goddess, Jennifer Lopez Miami Glow and Alyssa Ashley Coco Vanilla.

2nding:

L'Artisan Premiere Figuier Extreme- soft woody fig with coconut
    SL Datura Noir - lily and coconut, lasts all of 2 seconds on my skin but pretty
    Creed Virgin Island Water - soft breezy coconut, ginger, lime, ylang and musk, lovely
    EL Bronze Goddess - really similar to VIW to my nose, pretty

Adding:

Monyette Paris- no coconut listed but the creamy tuberose with incense somehow gives the illusion of coconut. One of the biggest compliment-getters I own. Lovely stuffs.
    Sage Onyx - I get way more coconut from this than any other Sage, pretty and rich

I forgot I do have a half of a sample of SL Datura Noir, tried it again last night...all flower (is it Lily?) and nothing else on me. Not a huge fan unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mamakat7 View Post
    I forgot I do have a half of a sample of SL Datura Noir, tried it again last night...all flower (is it Lily?) and nothing else on me. Not a huge fan unfortunately.
    I'm on side with this, not my favourite scent. Have you tried Monyette Paris? It combines "creamy floral" with coconut- win/win!

sigh, I do have a sample of Monyette Paris...something about that one doesn't work for me either. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not much of a floral person at all...besides Rose or Tuberose.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Guerlain Mahora Don't shoot me, this is a big guilty pleasure of mine and is a real overdose of coconut.

Creed Virgin Island Water Limes, rum, coconut and ylang, this would be perfect if it lasted longer.

Etat Libre d'Orange Jasmin et Cigarette Not really a coconut fragrance per se but there is definitely a hint of coconut in there somewhere, whether that's intentional or not I don't know.

Dior Hypnotic Poison Perfect for autumn!
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 19th November 2009 at 03:01 PM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

There's a very coconutty note in Marc Jacobs for Men, which I think is very wearable. Nice and green, not sweet and cloying.

I've used the BBW Coconut Lime Verbena bath gel and lotion (but not the EdT) on vacation before. It smells like a yummy cocktail to me....(smacks lips)
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    I've used the BBW Coconut Lime Verbena bath gel and lotion (but not the EdT) on vacation before. It smells like a yummy cocktail to me....(smacks lips)
    I loved the idea of this and loved how it smelled in the bottle, so I bought the shower gel, body lotion and body spray. The first time I used it all together my fiance thought I'd brought home Thai food - tom ka gai, actually - and that ruined it for me. I still like the fragrance but I won't wear it. I don't know why - I have no problem smelling like dessert, so what's the problem with a yummy soup or entree?

Post Thanks / Like

Virgin Island Water
    Stephanie de Saint-Aignan L'Eau Nirique
    Premier Figuier
    (smells coconutty, I agree!)

And let's not forget J Lo Deseo, a very fine beachy scent.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Yves Rocher Noix de Coco, pretty much straight up coconut scent, I like layering it with their Monoi de Tahiti oil. Premier Figuier is definitely coconutty and ambery to my nose, I don't really get fig at all, so it may be worth testing. The coconut in Carlos Santana is quite pronounced as well, but also fruity if you don't mind that. I once found some no name toasted coconut body lotion at TJ Maxx, I still see it there once in a while, it's nice, warmer and nuttier than just coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    Guerlain Mahora Don't shoot me, this is a big guilty pleasure of mine and is a real overdose of coconut.
    I always liked this one too! Super dooper coconut!

Another vote for Cadjmere. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    I always liked this one too! Super dooper coconut!
    I might have to give this one a shot, and check out, Premier Figuier, J Lo Deseo and Carlos Santana.
    I've tried Virgin Island Water, and that unfortunately turned really strangely masculine on me. It was a nice scent though, but smelled better on dh.

Thanks again for the great reccos!
    Last edited by mamakat7; 20th November 2009 at 02:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Satellite's Ipanema has, hands down, the best coconut note I've ever sniffed. I love coconut to eat and to smell, but it's a note that, to my nose, goes wrong easily and can smell cloying and cheap. Ipanema blew me away - can't say enough about its loveliness.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Satellite's Ipanema does sound lovely.
    I see luckyscent has it but no samples available, bummer!
    Did you sample it first? if so where did you get your sample?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. I got my sample from Luckyscent. I would give them a call - oftentimes they will, for whatever reason, go for a short period without samples being listed for sale for a particular fragrance. Most of the times I've called them they've either made me up a sample to include in an order or taken my #/e-mail so they could contact me when samples were available again. PM me if you have no luck getting a sample out of them.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought I'd like coconut in a fragrance, but - as ever - I have been surprised to discover that I love it.
    I own bottles of:
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Bronze Goddess
    Fragonard Miranda

Three different but very definitely coconutty fragrances.
    The Creed is very close to the B&BW Lime and coconut, so try that and see if it turns you on or off.
    Bronze Goddess smells like suntan oil to me and I like that. The coconut is just in the top, so you don't smell like sunscreen all day, rather just of nice skin musk. I like that.
    Fragonard Miranda is just fabulous. It's an utterly edible and gourmand coconut vanilla confection without being supersweet (by which I mean L de Lollita Lempicka).

I haven't tried it yet, but is that Bond No 9 sunscreeny one (Fire Island?) coconutty?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

You beat me to it!! I was just going to suggest Fragonard's Miranda.

Carnal Flower and Un Bois Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by mamakat7 View Post
    sigh, I do have a sample of Monyette Paris...something about that one doesn't work for me either. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not much of a floral person at all...besides Rose or Tuberose.
    If you like tuberose then I think Beyond Love By Kilian might be perfect for you. It's a lighter green coconut tuberose. I don't like foody fragrances either but this skirts the edge of edibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Coconut notes in fragrance are best when they jump out as a suprise! I'm not one for full-on coconut, but I really like it in Amit's choice - Cadjmere and Lovethescents choice - Crystal Noir. I never noticed a clear coconut note in Premiere Figuiere, but I'll pay better attention next time! (I DO love it! )

Smile Re: Coconut anyone?

Miller Harris's Noix de Tubereuse has a distinctive coconut note up top. Coconut and bubblegum, but it's nicely done, IMO, and not cloying at all, even though it sounds like sugar overload. If you like L'Origan, think of NdT as L'Origan with a coconut twist in the opening. HTH.

I'm making up my list of samples to try right now.
    Miranda sounds lovely too, I'll have to do some digging on that one.
    Thanks again!

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Coconut notes in fragrance are best when they jump out as a surprise!
    Well said, ol' chum. That's just the way Cadjmere hit me—“Mmmm, this is wonderful … blink-blink-blink … why, that’s coconut!”
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: Coconut anyone?

I stay clear of coconut because it always reminds me of sun tan lotion and the beach. I just don't.