Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default how would you order these from best to worst :)

Amouage Beloved for women
    Joy
    Bandit
    Arpege
    Chanel no 5
    Caleche
    Bal a Versailles
    Amouage Jubilation 25

according to yor tastes how would you order the above from best to worst, and what kind of scents you usually prefer (dirty florals, chypre greens etc?)

thanks!!

Default Re: how would you order these from best to worst :)

Only know a few of these but Bandit > Arpege > Bal a Versailles. Leather over elegance over sweet and stinky (in a good way).

Bandit, Joy (way above the the others); then Arpege, Jub 25, No 5 (like a lot, but they are not in my top 10), an finally Beloved and Caleche. I like BaV a lot, but I have never smelled vintage parfum, so I wouldn't be able to place it. the current edt is too powdery on me, slightly vintagey edc is nicely dry and animalic, but I suspect not as rich as it should be.

I tend to like greens and leathers, which perhaps explains my ranking.

cacio

Bandit, Joy (way above the the others); then Arpege, Jub 25, No 5 (like a lot, but they are not in my top 10), an finally Beloved and Caleche. I like BaV a lot, but I have never smelled vintage parfum, so I wouldn't be able to place it. the current edt is too powdery on me, slightly vintagey edc is nicely dry and animalic, but I suspect not as rich as it should be.

I tend to like greens and leathers, which perhaps explains my ranking.

cacio

Asked my wife. She said:

Joy
    Bandit
    Chanel no 5
    Arpege
    Bal a Versailles
    Caleche
    Amouage Jubilation 25

Overcome By Fumes

This question might be better received on the female fragrances discussion. I'm not familiar with the feminine Amouage line, but the only one of the rest that I like to wear is Bandit.

- - - Updated - - -

This question might be better received on the female fragrances discussion. I'm not familiar with the feminine Amouage line, but the only one of the rest that I like to wear is Bandit.

I'd go as follows...

Bandit
    Bal a Versailles
    (vintage only)
    Amouage Jubilation 25
    Joy
    (vintage only)
    Caleche
    Arpege
    Chanel no 5

But only Bandit would make it in my current top 10...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I haven't yet tried Beloved so it's at the bottom but that could change once the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, it was pretty easy.

Amouage Jubilation 25
    Bandit
    Arpege
    Chanel no 5
    Joy
    Bal a Versailles
    Caleche
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Banned

Oh thank you very much guys! I wanted to ask here as this place is visited by more people:-)

I love jubilation 25, and alfaroms order kind of hits my taste better except i would not place bal a versailles so high, but i did not try pure parfum joy so am wondering why Cacio gives it so high position, and alfarom you did not try beloved? That could be clue to my puzzle:-) .......i am trying to imagine where joy and beloved would fit in my ranking that goes like this:

Jubilation 25
    Bandit
    No 5
    bal a versailles
    Caleche
    Arpege

So don't know where i would place joy parfum ,vintage if it is similar to edt it would fit after Bandit, and Beloved i am trying to imagine:-) i am left unmoved with scents like Arpege and Caleche too.....interesting but not my genuine love, also bal a versailles not something i would die for:-)
    Last edited by iivanita; 21st January 2013 at 06:28 PM.

Joy vintage parfum has the same structure of the lower concentrations, but it is more of everything. More vivid, richer, deeper. The rose is more green, the jasmine is sultrier, and there is more civet. Like Diorissimo vintage, it one of those perfumes that catch you by surprise (if forced to choose - I'd go for Diorissimo over Joy, but that seems cruel).

cacio

I've not had the chance to try Beloved yet...sorry. Re my order, as I said before, only Bandit would make it to my current top 10 so BaV looks higher than it would probably be if I'd be supposed to compile a personal list of favorites. My work there was just to rearrange the names you gave us That said, the vintage BaV is grand.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Banned

Thank you Cacio, i think you alredy said it once, but i forget:-) , so i think i get it now! I loved the EDT ....if you like civet notes i wonder Bal a Versailles is not your top:-) , but EDC ( mine is from 70s just when sheherezade came out too) does feel powdery to me too! And reminds me of those pictures in brown shades, its not uplifting its more winter blanket type, very old fashioned:-)

Alfarom, yes i understand:-) the list of the scents is not my favourite as well, just the one i am thinking of when i am reading of Beloved description:-) so trying to guess which way to go:-) ...it is very obvious that you guys prefer masculine scents, and pick them in top 10:-) not so many florals around:-) but Beloved was described as unisex! Like men could wear it easily too, so i was completely confused in the end:-)
    From all those jubilation 25 would make my top 10 and probably joy perfume vintage:-)