Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
o

Default Re: Are You a Hoarder?

That post just made me laugh. I love all of you for being like me. We are all just sensibly hoarding....just in case all perfumes end up being banned altogether..... forbid that thought!
    Currently wearing: Charisma by Avon

Yes - maybe I can mortgage the garden shed!
    At least my hoard smells nicer than my Mum's. I can remember her pantry having four tins of Spam, 10 of baked beans, and about a dozen tinned peas! Just In Case!

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Oh my god, I so need to re-read this thread right now.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

I don't feel I hoard yet because I don't buy multiple bottles of the same fragrance. Also, I don't have to have various formulations of the same fragrance to be happy. Also, I'm extremely picky about what I like.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I am a hoarder for sure but only of fragrance items.
    Same here.

I used to buy fragrances and beauty products more often than I do now. And I am busy decluttering my home. Sometimes I used to buy 2 bottles of the same fragrance but I stopped doing that. I am trying to use up all those bottles of scent which have still like a 1/2 inch to 1 inch fragrance left inside. My empties which I used to collect are in boxes stored in the garage somewhere.
    I saw somewhere online a series of I think it was 10 pictures depicting stages of hoarding showing a table with stuff on it. Found that quite interesting you can see what stage of hoarding you are at.The internet is full of advice on decluttering I read that to find tips and info for my decluttering of the home.And like someone mentioned in a post get rid of 10 items daily.

I am a hoarder,I constantly buy fragrance and other bath and body products. I used to buy beautiful clothes all the time but I quit smoking gained weight,now hate my image in the mirror. I am trying to weed out the fragrances to those I feel are "timeless" and those that I absolutely love. I am going to take a large box of,fragrance that do not fit that category to the women's shelter here in town.
    Any advice on my situation will be appreciated.

I have to sort out my bath and body products also have been postponing this for some time.
    My makeup I restarted that few years ago starting from scratch all over, I had stopped using it for many years. So now my make up is few years old got to sort that out also.I seldom buy clothes as I am mostly home.

- - - Updated - - -

I buy fragrances by season now so some spring/summer and some fall/autumn perfumes and ad on with leftovers I have lots of.

I work hard at not being a hoarder. I live in a small house and even a small pile of something can fill way too much cupboard space so if something comes in something else has to go out.

I have some questions that I ask myself when I consider buying anything. Do I actually NEED the item? Where will it live? Does it duplicate anything else that I already have?

My other collection is of minerals and gemstones and I have stopped buying large specimens because I simply have no more space for them. I can buy perfume because the bottles are small
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'
    Currently wearing: Dunhill for Men by Dunhill

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    Accumulating and gifting is like breathing in/breathing out. I try to just enjoy things while I can and share when I can.
    I just love this. It makes it easier to let go of things, knowing I have to exhale. Even smelling perfumes. The whole act of smelling involves both breathing in and out. Ooo... Sorry, I'm getting all new-age-y on y'all.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

treeman5823

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    I just love this. It makes it easier to let go of things, knowing I have to exhale. Even smelling perfumes. The whole act of smelling involves both breathing in and out. Ooo... Sorry, I'm getting all new-age-y on y'all.
    Yeah, cut the hippy crap! :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4