Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default profumum fumidus

I got some samples of this and I quite like it. However, it seems like it doesn't last long.

I also love (is that a word that applies?) Eau du Fier...it lasts all day and into the next morning on me.

Can anyone comment on the fumidus, I'd like to wear it but I don't want to have to carry around a purse atomizer (I'd have to get a purse ) in order to refresh it every three or four hours.

PS...I use an unscented moisturizer and put frags there and in my chest hair and a tidge on my clothing.
    Tight Stitches
    DWFII--Member HCC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: profumum fumidus

if you have it in a vial then i suggest you empty least half of it in your palm and apply it around neck and arms... pls ignore if you have already doen this way..

on me it lasts whole day and the next...btw, i have the older version and im not aware if anything has changed since then..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    if you have it in a vial then i suggest you empty least half of it in your palm and apply it around neck and arms... pls ignore if you have already doen this way..

on me it lasts whole day and the next...btw, i have the older version and im not aware if anything has changed since then..
    Thank you!

Finally some definitive advice on how much to use from one of these pesky 1ml samples. A spritz or three is one thing but trying to apply any significant fraction of 1ml with that little dipstick would take all day. Maybe it's not really made for anything useful...it's really a tiny swizzle stick.

So I took a Q-tip and dipped it into the vial and then applied that much on my chest and neck. Still going four hours later.

It's dark and a little dirty and warm all at the same time.
    Tight Stitches
    DWFII--Member HCC

i have the older version and im not aware if anything has changed since then..
    Fumidus has never been reformulated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
    Finally some definitive advice on how much to use from one of these pesky 1ml samples. A spritz or three is one thing but trying to apply any significant fraction of 1ml with that little dipstick would take all day. Maybe it's not really made for anything useful...it's really a tiny swizzle stick.

So I took a Q-tip and dipped it into the vial and then applied that much on my chest and neck. Still going four hours later.
    I usually don't use the dipstick. I tend to dab from sample vials by pressing the open side of the vial to my wrist while it's upright, then turning my wrist and the vial upside down quickly. I then dab the small wet spot around where I want, and repeat if needed. Zero waste, and a good combination of control and scent volume.

Your Q-Tip method also sounds good, but I'd be concerned about wasting juice that's absorbed into the cotton.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 17th November 2009 at 06:51 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

So many people under-apply when using those small 1ml vials. I have a big ziploc bag full of mist sprayers so I clip the diptube super short then use that to spray on the frag from the little vial, and I can tell you those vials hold about 1 - 1.5 application(s) worth.. not much at all. 3-4 sprays, 5 if they topped the vial off completely. I used to dab some on my finger, then onto my wrist.. it doesn't reflect the true nature of the scent at all that way (in my opinion) because you're getting an almost non-existent amount on your skin.

With that said, Fumidus is a longevity juggernaut. It's almost straight up vetiver on me - it lasts and lasts and lasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Fumidus has never been reformulated.

im glad to know..especially coz the newer versions of Santalum and Thundra dont smell the same as before..

Post Thanks / Like

This one smells mega-strong at first, but I also have found that the longevity is surprisingly lacking. It's not that it is short on my skin, it does last several hours, but when I first put it on it smells like it's going to be a 12+ hour monster and it really isn't. Maybe that's due to the naturalness of ingredients or something. I'm not an expert in that area, but for the price I expect it to be at the top of the charts in all areas. I'm still flirting with the idea of picking up a bottle at some point, but this house worries me a bit with longevity issues (Olibanum is really nice, but has the same problem when compared to the similar Rock Crystal) as well as what appear to be reformulations and batch-to-bratch inconsistencies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    So many people under-apply when using those small 1ml vials. I have a big ziploc bag full of mist sprayers so I clip the diptube super short then use that to spray on the frag from the little vial, and I can tell you those vials hold about 1 - 1.5 application(s) worth.. not much at all. 3-4 sprays, 5 if they topped the vial off completely. I used to dab some on my finger, then onto my wrist.. it doesn't reflect the true nature of the scent at all that way (in my opinion) because you're getting an almost non-existent amount on your skin.

With that said, Fumidus is a longevity juggernaut. It's almost straight up vetiver on me - it lasts and lasts and lasts.
    I have heard of these sprayers that will fit in the 1ml vials but I've not seen any. Where did you get yours...or did I misunderstand?
    Tight Stitches
    DWFII--Member HCC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
    I have heard of these sprayers that will fit in the 1ml vials but I've not seen any. Where did you get yours...or did I misunderstand?
    Well what I use are spray pumps that screw on to larger bottles (like 50ml in size). I picked up a bag full of them (brand new) at a garage sale a while back. It's a bit hard to explain, but essentially I take one of these spray pumps and cut the dip tube very short, about 1 inch long. I then take the sample vial, remove the cap and place the dip tube of the spray pump into the sample vial. Naturally, since the spray pump is much much larger than the vial, it won't screw on or even fit on top snugly. I simply use one hand to hold the vial, and the other hand holds the top of the pump (thumb and middle finger hold the pump in place while my pointer finger presses the nozzle down). Usually the first squirt is just air, but after that you get about 3-4 true sprays from one of those vials, sometimes 5.

Those sample vials used to last me forever until I tried this method and realized all those times before I was essentially putting 1/15th of the vial on at a time (ie barely anything, just a couple dabs), thus not being able to truly appreciate the scent as it was intended via spraying from the bottle proper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    Well what I use are spray pumps that screw on to larger bottles (like 50ml in size). [snip]
    Well, I did misunderstand. I thought there were spritzers that would fit on the 1ml bottles...I don't know why I thought that. Now that I think about it, it seems ridiculous.

Thanks for clarifying that.

End of the day--I have enjoyed the Fumidus immensely...not as much as EDF, but almost.

I need to get away from smoke though. I need a good dark wood and a decent old (maybe even staid) leather.
    Tight Stitches
    DWFII--Member HCC

im glad to know..especially coz the newer versions of Santalum and Thundra dont smell the same as before..
    I see the difference in Santalum for sure, didn't know about Thundra....interesting.