Code of Conduct

Default Trying YSL L'Homme today

So far 10 minutes into it: Powder, Ginger, and *Yawn.

There is something metallic in it that reminds me of Azzaro NOW which usually gives me stomach/head aches.

Will update soon.
    Last edited by Pappy; 19th November 2009 at 02:31 PM.

Default Re: Trying YSL L'Homme today

i find it quite pleasing actually, really nice combination with the ginger, bergamot and vetiver

this is a good everyday scent imo, could be someone's signature scent
    Last edited by Young Dro; 19th November 2009 at 02:58 PM.

Awww come on! It's not that bad. Says the only guy on this board who likes YSL L'Homme
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm actually wearing this today. I love it. Very soothing fragrance in my opinion.

L'Homme is not bad. It's not awe inspiring but still decent and good as an everyday frag.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Ok, some time after application: Its much more pleasant now. Its kind of velvety and creamy now. I don't smell the metallic note that bothers me in other scents.

I could see this being a nice romantic fragrance for a dinner date or something or cuddling with the GF.

Not bad, but there's still better, I think.

Will update again later.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

It's not bad, just not good enough for me considering I could get the similar metallic-smelling CHROME for much less.

I think Jonny said it best that this is a great everday frag, but I just have so many others I'd rather wear.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    L'Homme is not bad. It's not awe inspiring but still decent and good as an everyday frag.
    I love this on a man, and as a woman, on myself. True, it's not a statement-making scent, but very pleasant to wear for all occasions.

This scent is really a unisex scent but can be very attractive on a man in a surprising way. BTW, they are sellling the 10ml size again and it makes a great purse/pocket scent.

It is said to have "a floating mystery of flowers." The noses who created the scent (Pierre Wargnye, Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion) state that when one adds the touch of something "feminine to a very masculine scent," you "increase its sensuality." (The handsome actor Olivier Martinez is the face of L'Homme. Vincent Cassel is the face of L'Homme Nuit.)

Much like the effect of a testosterone-laden dandy with a thick beard, flashing his broad, muscular chest in a brocaded, floral waistcoat. :bounce: (You know who I am talking about...)

YSL pocket scent: http://www.yslbeautyus.com/mens-frag...duct_info.html
    Last edited by Primrose; 19th November 2009 at 04:22 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I did like L'Homme Nuit a lot on a tester strip.

I may have to wear this one.

A smooth frag, well-made, subtle and with good lasting power, but I like other YSL frags even more.

AromiErotici

It's not groundbreaking in the least....but.....there's a place for scents like L'Homme. I intentionally have scents of this ilk for a work rotation and/or gym, recreation, etc.....

Powerful and sophisticated scents would be out of place is such situations.

Its noon now. I think I sprayed around 8. I have heard volumes about its longevity. I dont smell it on me anymore unless I really try (this doesn't say anything good or bad about its longevity).

I tried it once and really liked the topnotes. Ginger turns out really well on my skin. The drydown was pleasant, but failed to keep my interest during the day. I will certainly try it a few more times before I make a final judgement.

Its pleasant, I want to try the new "black" one on the skin. I really think its going to be a lady killer.

Also on a completely different random note. I got my SMW sample in the mail just now. It smells soooo good in the vial!

I hate to sound like a snob, but I truly detest L'Homme. I bought it about a year before I came to BN. It now signifies everything I dislike about the designer world. I find most fragrances a subtle change of the L'Homme formula, the generic amber drydown, add to the top a much loathed note of mine ginger, and I get L'Homme. I find it super cloying after about 10 minutes too.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I liked it until the dry down... Then it gets way too sweet & cloying...

I quite enjoy L'Homme as an everyday fragrance. It has more development and complexity than most similar frags and it must be assessed within the context of a scent that's not designed to be a Rive Gauche or M7.

To my mind L'Homme is YSLs response to Dior Homme...
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

There was something about it I found revolting. It wasn't too sweet, but it was like asbestos fibers mixed with an attempt at a synthetic maple syrup gone horribly wrong. LOL.

Like PorkFat said in his BN directory review, it seems like the notes clash badly.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 20th November 2009 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    There was something about it I found revolting. It wasn't too sweet, but it was like asbestos fibers mixed with an attempt at a synthetic maple syrup gone horribly wrong. LOL.

Like PorkFat said in his BN directory review, it seems like the notes clash badly.
    I was reading through here thinking about how much I didn't like it. I am a huge fan of YSL fragrances: M7, M7 Fresh, Rive Gauche PH, Kouros and its flankers, I haven't sniffed one until L'Homme that I didn't want to buy. Unfortunately, I bought it blind and sold it soon after. It came with a body wash in a gift set that made me itch all over.

I got this one as a present for NY , but I had to swap it , poor longetivity , poor silage .All I can say about YSL L'Homme is pleasant , nothing special , nothing extra only average scent ( this is just my own feeling about this one)

Excellent everyday office fragrance. I wear it whenever I don't want to smell like I am wearing anything. It is pleasant and not offensive

Basenotes Plus

Pleasant enough but unremarkable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post

As odd as your description sounds, it's amazing, but I agree completely! The clashing notes, the fake synthetic maple syrup, spot on!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I like this frag, but it gets a sweet and sour foul oder when applied in 90+ degree weather. Now that the weather is cooler I can enjoy it more.

I really love this stuff. It is clean and pleasant. It always feels right!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

not bad imo. though the longevity sucks on me
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

I've sampled this one, Not bad at all, but I have to admit that I may never Purchase this one

I do like this myself.....I must add that I even like La nuit better.....The best YSL by far is still M7.
    Gary

I smelled it on one of those magazine pullouts and was not impressed.