Code of Conduct

Default Narciso Rodriguez for Him Musc Collection- my review

My review of the limited edition Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez is here:

http://bit.ly/31uWis

I liked both of the original for Him fragrances from Narciso Rodriguez. Musc Collection falls somewhere between the original for Him and the oil version (which is something incredible if you are a musc fan). Musc Collection is one of the better department store offerings out there.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: Narciso Rodriguez for Him Musc Collection- my review

I found the Musc Collection to have little, if anything to do with the EdT. It was all berries and iris over the original musk from the "Musc for Him" oil.

It is an interesting fragrance though. Best part is that it doesn't have the fungal quality that the EdT has. Worst part is that it doesn't have the cucumber-melon-patchouli-concrete vibe that the EdT has.
    Sales thread here

Sur la Plage

Thanks SMM. I think it is one of the best releases of 2009 - niche and designer.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I heard this was supposed to be coming back this Fall... anyone?

It's in stock in the UK (John Lewis) but they didn't know if it was back to stay as they too thought it was a 2009 only
    Patience is the parent of success

anyone else on the 2010 Fall release ?

I'm suprised this fragrance doesn't get all that much attention around here at BN anymore... the Musc EDP is a true gem.

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    I'm suprised this fragrance doesn't get all that much attention around here at BN anymore... the Musc EDP is a true gem.
    I'll find out tomorrow how much of a gem it is Thanks again for your quick shipping and excellent service. I've never tried any of the offering outside the original EDT, so i'm pretty excited

I just got this today. I'd be nuts if I didn't immediately tell you guys how gorgeous the bottle is. The grey bottle of the EDT is cool already, but this one takes it all the way. it looks like it's filled with liquid mercury.

I just tried the juice--I've got several other scents on today, so it's hard to fully review it yet. It's very strange at first spray-- it actually smells like a women's perfume when first applied, as it's very floral and musky. I still get the "banana fumes" out of this one as well. I can't decide if they've done a total gender-bender with this one or not. I found the EDT to have some feminine attributes with the musk base, but to be otherwise very masculine. This one is something that I, as a somewhat conservative hetero male will have to approach with a bit of caution before I douse it on and go to work. This feminine aspect does disappear rather quickly, though it could be due to olfactory fatigue.

The weird thing about musk anosmia is that while I smell musk, I actually found the musk in the EDT to be more pronounced with the character that I think of as being nitro-musky. The musk in the EDP is more rounded-- I know it's there, and I can smell it, but the most "nitro" elements don't seem as prominent.

I like this one, but I have to give it some time to see how it performs on a real full wearing, which is the only way to really get to know a fragrance.

If anyone wants to get one of these, I got mine from ebay (I think the seller is named perfumesdepot.123 or something like that) and they have a few more NIB to sell. Otherwise, this fragrance is almost impossible to find. Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I just got this today. I'd be nuts if I didn't immediately tell you guys how gorgeous the bottle is. The grey bottle of the EDT is cool already, but this one takes it all the way. it looks like it's filled with liquid mercury.

Interesting stuff.
    Today was the second time I sampled it at Douglas. At the first time I was afraid it's a passing love, but now I'm as sure as one can be with a scent: it's a really gorgeous scent. Changing from violet into iris has done very good to the original NR for him. What's more, my daughter, who would never mind my sensitive soul when criticizing my scents, gave an extremely positive opinion about it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Today was the second time I sampled it at Douglas. At the first time I was afraid it's a passing love, but now I'm as sure as one can be with a scent: it's a really gorgeous scent. Changing from violet into iris has done very good to the original NR for him. What's more, my daughter, who would never mind my sensitive soul when criticizing my scents, gave an extremely positive opinion about it, too.

Really, your daughter liked it? Very interesting. I don't know why I find this one so strange and feminine. I like it, though I can't imagine anyone complimenting me on wearing it. It's so different from the EDT-- it's one of those scents that just doesn't seem quite right to me, yet I'm kind of fascinated with it.

Indie Guy,
    Thanks for your insights. I was able to test it out a few weeks ago and its a very interesting fragrance, which I much prefer to the EDT. I keep thinking about it - wondering if its something I can pull off. Although my instinct tells me no, I'm drawn to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Really, your daughter liked it? Very interesting. I don't know why I find this one so strange and feminine. I like it, though I can't imagine anyone complimenting me on wearing it. It's so different from the EDT-- it's one of those scents that just doesn't seem quite right to me, yet I'm kind of fascinated with it.
    Yeah, she did. It's curious sometimes to listen to her. When I tried Fleur Le Male Cologne -that is the fresher version- and thought it to be a very soapy scent, good for a man without hesitation, she immediately commented it to be for women - period.

So, this here NR has multi faces and sometimes I also feel the feminine vibe, yet I really like it as a straight man. I'm still hesitating, if I'll buy a bottle. Nevertheless, a great scent on its own.

As far as availability goes, I've seen it in quite a few airport Duty Free shops. I tried it last week and almost bought it. It's quite sophisticated for a mainstream offering. It does remind me of the original NRFH with some tweaking and musk added to the base. It has great longevity, my coat sleeve still smells of the sweet musk a week after my initial spraying. I think of it as a day to evening type of fragrance - top and middle notes for the office, and then the long lasting musk base for a night out and then some cuddling.
    And I agree with Indie_Guy - the bottle is beautiful.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 16th January 2011 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Yeah, she did. It's curious sometimes to listen to her. When I tried Fleur Le Male Cologne -that is the fresher version- and thought it to be a very soapy scent, good for a man without hesitation, she immediately commented it to be for women - period.

So, this here NR has multi faces and sometimes I also feel the feminine vibe, yet I really like it as a straight man. I'm still hesitating, if I'll buy a bottle. Nevertheless, a great scent on its own.
    Hmm... Funny you mention the La Fleur du Male Cologne and your daughter's reaction to that; I picked that one up a month or so ago-- I was shocked to see it at a Nordstrom outlet store-- It wasn't to my knowledge sold in the USA. I'm really undecided about it. I've sort of been going through a Fleur du Male phase of late-- something about the cold weather makes FdM really work on my skin. The Cologne however is almost dirtier than the EDT and I think I may agree with your daughter's assessment of it being feminine. Yet, just like with the Musc Collection, I'm really drawn to the unplaceable weirdness of it.