Code of Conduct

Smile French Pronunciation Video (youtube)

So I got this idea when I first started my videos from another youtuber. Lately I've had a few people from youtube and basenotes asking me to do a full video on how to pronounce designer's or bottle names in french. So here we are, all I need from you guys are example, name as many as you want , I need at least 10 to make a good video.

Now I don't speak parisian french. I am a french Canadian. So some people might have a different view of what I am saying, but most words sound the same. My first language is french, I went to school in french (not french emersion) and my mother was a french teacher in our town for grade 4-6 kids. So I would say I can def. help some of you out that would like to hear these words .

Thanks everyone, hopefully I will get some comments so I can get started on the video

btw : It's been a few months now since I've joined this wonderful community and you guys have been great to me, as you can see my wardrobe went from 5 bottles to what I have now. I truly enjoy this and making videos and basenotes is a staple in my life.
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Default Re: French Pronunciation Video (youtube)

Just about any Serge Lutens

Vous etes tres gentile! Je vous en remercie. My French is soooo limited, but I will fully appreciate your efforts on all things French.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Basenotes Plus

I remember we had a French Pronubciation thread a little while ago. Here it is:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1646699

But some of the links no longer work, so it's great you're picking up on this with a YouTube version, Marc. I think SAs in particular should learn the correct pronunciation of the stuff they're selling.

whats your ethnicity Marc?

Hey Mark. I enjoy your videos, as well as Tim's. I plan to get a webcam in a month or so and start doing videos of my own. Be on the lookout.

no link to said video?
    and keep up the good work!
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRainbow View Post
    no link to said video?
    and keep up the good work!
    L"Homme said: Thanks everyone, hopefully I will get some comments so I can get started on the video.

Marc, for the longest time now, I've been wanting to know how to pronounce Spiritueuse in Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

+1 on the SDV... is it "spir-E-Tose Doo-Bla-Va-nil"?

How about Thierry Mugler?
    I thought it was "Theory Mug-ler", but apparently it's more like "Terry Moog-lay"
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Blog Entries

Yes - Thierry Mugler, Thierry Wasser (Wasser is clear in German or English, but I'm wondering what the typical French pronunciation is...). Luca Turin. Un Parfum de Charmes et Feuilles. Les Nuits d'Hadrien. Ambre Narguilé. Ambre Précieux. 24, Faubourg. And especially "Bois". Sometimes it sounds like "Bwah". But when I hear French speakers say "Bois de Cédrat", it often sounds like "Boy". I'm not sure that the rule is on that, or if it's just the way that it sounds when followed by "de".

Two of the pronunciation assists on BN that I've been most thankful for were Roja Dove's version of "Guerlain" (thanks to Prince Barry for that one) and Infusion d'Iris (thanks to JaimeB for that one!).

I'm curious how one says Turquie, as in Bois de Turquie.

Is it tur-kee, or tur-kay? I tend to go with the latter as Bwah-day-tur-kay has a nice rhythm and rhyme to it, whereas Bwah-de-turkee just sounds.. odd.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more