Code of Conduct

Default The Sultans of Scent - Thank You

The Sultans of Scent . . . .

Cheesy name I know but I couldn’t resist - the fretwork by Mark Knopfler ( I believe it was ) of Dire Straits on their Sultans of Swing track was and still is some of the smoothest and most flawless ever.

I thought it better than using ‘Godfathers of Basenotes’ because I feel sure THOSE ones reside somewhere in the UK. The Sultans was chosen as the beginning of this rant as a way of saying Thank You
    to mikeperez23, Snafoo and AromiErotici who were good enough to take their time and share their expense by gifting me with quite a large group of examples of their fragrance collections as a way of
    helping a newbie see beyond the offerings of the local sephora, macy’s, bloomies etc.

I had an inkling that the ‘department store frags’ were so - so, much like the same same found in clothing lines nowadays, but, dear god I had NO idea how deep the chasm really was. So, to The Sultans - and all the other contributors here who have written reviews large and small - you and I together share the glory and the blame for this new found obsession of mine.

I promised each - probably to their chagrin - that I would faithfully sample each before depositing my opinion into the cache. THIS is the beginning of keeping that promise and I will try NOT to wear
    ‘The Sultans’ moniker out before it’s done.
    Last edited by SoGent; 19th November 2009 at 01:59 AM.

Default Re: The Sultans of Scent - Thank You

I see....the Godfathers of Basnotes made you an offer you couldn't refuse.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 19th November 2009 at 02:13 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I see....the Godfathers of Basnotes made you an offer you couldn't refuse.
    Yes sir I only LOOK dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Yes sir I only LOOK dumb.
    I'm missing the meaning and tone, I think, and fear I may have offended you

Just to be on the safe side, I did not mean to belittle or downplay anyone's generosity with my Godfather reference.

What they did really is great.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I'm missing the meaning and tone, I think, and fear I may have offended you

Just to be on the safe side, I did not mean to belittle or downplay anyone's generosity with my Godfather reference.

What they did really is great.
    Absolutely NO Offense taken Jazz . . . . the meaning & tone were completely kidding and it's just a silly saying of mine. Nothing to sweat. Have a good one.