Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 19 November

Good morning!

Continuing with sweet and powdery comfort scents, today it's Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum, a Turkish Delight of a scent.

Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 19th November 2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Thursday 19 November

Miss Dior for me now ...( from a tester ! )

Havea great new day !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Ciur de Lancôme
    Wishlist is pointless.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 19 November

Hello everyone, good morning

Nathalie Lorson's the superb

ENCRE NOIRE

LALIQUE

Top notes
    Cypress

Middle notes
    Vetiver Bourbon , Haitian Vetiver

Base notes
    Musk, cashmere woods
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Pure Poison - Christian Dior

Basenotes Plus

Nahema EDP.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Jicky EdT

Sur la Plage

I have jury duty today, so my SOTD is a liberal application of Yves Saint-Laurent - Kouros.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning everybody. Another day with lots of writing on the program....Only one and a half week left now,and certain people in my group don't seem to understand that Well....at least I'll try to do my part as good as I can! Sotd is Coco edp.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 19th November 2009 at 10:22 AM.

ORGANZA by Givenchy

Hanae Mori HM for men (edt)

Feeling gorgeous today in

Safran Troublant

I'm always stunned as to how much I love it. It sits like a snug glove on my skin and is perfect to brighten up this crappy, wet Swedish winter's day.

Speaking of sweet and powdery, I'm joining the party in Ligea La Sirena.
    Feeling all warm & contented for having managed to source a few early Sinterklaas prezzies and some excellent shoes for yours truly to boot.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

PG Felanilla on this grey day.

Frederic Malle Lys Mediterraine for me today. I like its transparency.

Since I'm trying to do 'No Repeat November', despite coming a bit late to the party (that'll teach me to check in here more often!), I'm in something I didn't like at first but now have totally come around to: Kenzo Amour Le Parfum.
    You see, I really like Amour and at one point wore it a lot. It was pretty much a go-to staple last winter. And then they released Le Parfum. Oh goody! More vanilla yumminess! But then hmm. The parfum wasn't quite the same. More spicy, less vanilla. Boo, said I and promptly stashed it at back of the shelf, returning to my regular little fuschia chicken leg of Amour. (I cannot be the only person who looks at it and thinks of Tandoori chicken, can I?)
    But now I have turned to Le Parfum before wearing Amour to death, I see its beauty. I like the spicy twist to the Amour formula. I mean, it's not "spicy" spicy, it's just a slightly different balance of notes to the edt.
    I'm enjoying it.

And without a trace of schadenfreude, isn't that pic of Nathalie Lorson sweet? She looks like so many of us busy women who hate having our photos taken because the camera so totally lies! (Who IS that fat old frump who keeps turning up at our family gatherings? Can't be me; I'm a groovy young thing.) (Oh yes I am! I heard you sniggering at the back! )

The way she's clutching her sparkly shawl around her (to hide baby food stains on her shirt, perhaps? or Bingo Wings?)(I have both, I am not judging) and her 'oh please please get it over with' smile are so familiar. I just want to reach into the picture and give her a big hug.

You all get out there today, hold your heads high and flap your bingo wings. Hell, it's better than no wings, isn't it!
    xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Basenotes Plus

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Precieux

Have a wonderful day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wordy, LUVVED your take on the Nathalie Lorson pic. Was right with you through every syllable and love handle. Who would think that someone who Looks Like Us could produce such sophisticated beauty!!

Roberto - could just EAT UP that Caravaggio boy (and so could he, I guess)...and feel honored that the great Tigrushka could love my fave loukhoum!!

Am in mystery Frag C for the 3X3 today....an opulent oriental that is nameless so far. Maybe you could amble over there and provide some help?
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Wordbird, you echoed my thoughts - with so much more spirit - when I saw the pic of Nathalie Lorson upon opening this thread. Hell yes I'm gonna get out there and flap my bingo wings! Just try to stop me!

I'm wearing Lilly Pulitzer Squeeze this morning...

Lychee, pink grapefruit, candied red currants, spring lotus blossom, wild rose petals, sun-drenched woods and water musk. It’s not terribly distinctive, and it’s pretty short lived for an edp, but this bottle just puts a smile on my face and sunshine into my day, and I love it. And it was a gift, and I love the giver, too!

My mother arrives tomorrow for a ten day stay. Still trying to get things in order around the house, and I'd hoped to be able to finish up some course work but I got sidetracked, as usual.

Happy Thursday!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 19th November 2009 at 12:10 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Jasmin et Cigarette from a sample...what an interesting fragrance!

It really does smell exactly like a freshly opened box of cigarettes (I don't smoke but both my dad and grandmother did.) The jasmin isn't indolic.

I thought this would be a dirty smell but it's not at all; it's dry and subtle. Thumbs up.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Roberto: I dreamed of horses last night, and I think it was due to your pic from yesters of those unbridled beasts. I was all set to sample Vetiver Oriental today, but, after I shower, I'm going to be your twin in my first application of Encre Noire. Will be back to comment.

Wordbird's in rare form today! I envy Small that she gets to play with this woman on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    My mother arrives tomorrow for a ten day stay. Still trying to get things in order around the house, and I'd hoped to be able to finish up some course work but I got sidetracked, as usual.
    Just can't tear yourself away from those Fragoholic vids, eh? Tell Mom we smelly girls say, “Hi!”
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Just can't tear yourself away from those Fragoholic vids, eh? Tell Mom we smelly girls say, “Hi!”
    Busted. I will tell her you say hello, thanks!

Happy in Red Aoud again
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

It is so nice to be among such a witty, well-writing, fragrant bunch! I am wearing Lovely Patchouli by Krigler, my new best friend.

I'm in a dab of my Mystery Vintage Scent this morning (for those who missed my thread on the Perfume Bottle section, I grabbed a bottle with the lettering worn off, because 99c on ebay was too cheap to resist!) just for experimentation. I wish I could figure it out, it actually smells a little familiar...I think perhaps my grandparents might have had a friend who wore this, or perhaps my grandfather. Despite the frilly embossing on the bottle, it could be a unisex EdC or aftershave of some kind. A whiff definitely takes me back to the late 70s/early 80s, when I was what we'd now call a "tween." I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and great grandparents in those days (who were only in their 50s and 70s at the time, now that I'm 40 I realize how young they were!) I need to take some more photos of the bottle and see if anyone has any input!

I am giving dirty looks at anxiety and grumpiness today, so I'm looking for a good SoTD...I think I've been heavily weighted in Guerliains and Chanels lately (what a divine place to be!) with just a hint of Ava Luxe tossed in for good measure. I think I'm going to go deep in my decant box and see if I just can't find myself a niche sample that I haven't tapped in to for a while......
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

For No Repeat November, I'm getting to try something on my "Test List," Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (THANK YOU, Ubu [and MasterClasster])!!!

Holy cow! Literally. To my nose, a delicious blend of really earthy suede and L'Artisan Tea for Two notes. Now I have to go look up the ACTUAL notes... And convince myself that I really don't need another gorgeous leather-based frag. Oh, but I am lusting for this one. ::running to hide credit cards::

Tuscan Leather notes: Saffron, raspberry, thyme, olibanum, night blooming jasmine., leather, black suede and amberwood.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

What a lovely fragrant and witty bunch today! Lilybelle, those Pulitzer bottles are so cheery!! Makes me want to move to Florida and live in the sunshine near the beach forever *looks out window at frost covered grass*

Today I hope to finish my credits and the driest of dry real estate law courses zzzzzzzz hoping to be perked up by a shower and then some Guerlain Philtre d'Amour....

Last edited by Jane Daly; 19th November 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Le Temps d'Une Fete for me today...I'd post a pic of the bottle...but...no one wants to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Jasmin et Cigarette from a sample...what an interesting fragrance!

It really does smell exactly like a freshly opened box of cigarettes (I don't smoke but both my dad and grandmother did.) The jasmin isn't indolic.

I thought this would be a dirty smell but it's not at all; it's dry and subtle. Thumbs up.
    Thumbs up indeed for Jasmine et Cigarette!

I'm always happy to see positive posts about ELd'O scents, so many seem to concentrate on trashing the notorious Secretions Magnifiques and judging all the other ELd'O scents by it without even bothering to try them.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Perry Ellis 360 Blue for Men

Having a hard time choosing, so I shot myself with PG L'Oiseau de Nuit (thanks Haunani!). Now I'm off to steam some more carpet , wheeeeeeeee.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Lovin' this thread! Starting the day with smiles is the way to go! I'm headed out in a cloud of CDG Kyoto, strategically chosen to keep me focused on my work. Happy Friday to All!

Edit: Ooh, you smell GREAT, Outlandish!

Second Edit: I'm now at work, and realize that it's THURSDAY. So Happy THURSDAY to All.

So ready for the weekend, mumble mumble...
    Last edited by Haunani; 19th November 2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: WTH?!

Today I'm going to wear Dior Homme. Yay for powdery irises!

Have a good day all.

Hello everyone!

I'm in vintage Pavlova today...and a tutu, naturally.

Wordbird (speaking of birds) - you managed to get chicken legs and wings into one post - impressive! : - )

Flapping my bingo wings right back at you...

I began the day in L'Ombre Fauve, which was quickly joined by Eau de Decant of riptide proportions, the chief constituents of which included:

Etro Shaal Nur
    Urban Retreat Reverie
    AP Strip
    J Lo Deseo
    OJ Champaca
    YSL Nu EDT
    I Coloniali Body Care Water (with Yuzu)
    Costume National Scent

And miscellaneous other slightly leaky things I unearthed while looking for stuff...

Scent-hating DH-Equivalent has done the sensible thing and left the house. He is driving all the way to Luton (some 90 miles away), claiming a prior engagement.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 19th November 2009 at 03:34 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Serge Lutens Serge Noire today. I get lovely smoky incense and a bit of spice which is lovely and comforting.

31 Rue Cambon today. So very lovely.

Last edited by turquoisewater; 19th November 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Welcome, Little Miss Write ;-)

Ah, Wordie.
    Right ON, sister.
    [ "Have you heard about the Word ? B-b-b-b-bird, bbbbbird ! Worddwordword
    Bird is the Word..."]

Hello, dear all.

Infini extrait, vintage.
    Needed spicy carnations.

Poor Lucy has H1N1, so no go to NY.
    Kiss it up to God, forget bus fare.
    Create get well care package.
    Check in on her at frequent intervals over w/e.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

This is how stupid I am in the morning (I'm so not a morning person!): I didn't see the photo of Nathalie Lorson, so when I was reading Wordbird's description, I was thinking, "That's funny, that looked like a movie poster with a boy."

I'm joining the ELdO love here. Yes, SM is gross and gimmicky, but putting that aside, they really have some winners, including Jasmin et Cigarettes. RHM turned me on to Rossy DePalma, which is outstanding. I look forward to sampling more in the line.

SotD: Mystery fragrance C. Come on over to our 3x3 thread for our last frag!
    Last edited by BlackCat; 19th November 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Pour Monsieur EDT (Chanel)

I'm in Montale Oriental Flowers. Our fall play, Macbeth, opens tonight -- I'd sure welcome any and all good vibes you good people could send our way. Advance ticket sales have not been healthy, and my students have worked so hard. . . .

Take care, all.

Post shower, decided to follow through on my "niche day" vow, so coated myself liberally in Passage d'Enfer, hoping that it's previous disappearing act would be a summer-only problem. (I find that lots of scents vanish on me in the heat, but do better in cooler weather) Sigh. Well, it's a little better, but still disappearing quickly, and is a bit weak. The scent is glorious, though. I wish L'Artisan would boost their concentrations or something.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Oh.

I'm a golden strawberry blonde, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    I'm in Montale Oriental Flowers. Our fall play, Macbeth, opens tonight -- I'd sure welcome any and all good vibes you good people could send our way. Advance ticket sales have not been healthy, and my students have worked so hard. . . . .
    Break a leg with The Scottish Play!

Chaya, wow! Photos, please!
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Basenotes Plus

Blackcat, so glad you like Rossy de Palma!

I'm still on my rose kick. Wearing Une Rose body cream today.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Starting my day in Sunnyfunny's favorite Chanel no22. This got me thinking......could you answer the question: what is your favorite fragrance? Think I'll start a thread.....
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Inspired by another thread, Venezia.

Le Maroc Pour Elle...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My former scent having worn off, I am now in Stella Rose Absolute, from a sample. Bright citrusy top notes!

30 Roses, gotta love those ablative absolutes! Took me right back to Latin at school.

Last edited by VM I hate civet; 19th November 2009 at 06:15 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Strawberry blond?!!!!!!! Chaya, wow! Do you feel your true self?!

L'anarchiste!

Wow, Ida!

I am in Noa today; a complete departure from recent fair. I had the laundry going in the background whilst writing today and this seemed a good laundry-day fragrance.

Late checking in today -
    Took my Dad to an early lunch for his 70th birthday today, came into work afterward.

Ubar sounded just right, and will last most of the day, quite the accomplishment on my skin.

Impatiently waiting for LS to send me Back to Black. Love it so much, it's like waiting for that first date...
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    Oh.

I'm a golden strawberry blonde, BTW.
    Miss Chaya, O Sassy one, pictures please. Yes.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Well, Therese-
    I'm ALWAYS my true self, sadly ;-)

I wanted to go silver, but my haidresser said that my hair would break off
    Honest, I must be the only broad my age who wants silver...[without earning it...]
    Go figure.
    Whatta perv ;-0

Busy week - hardly had time to draw breath what with
    going on courses, job applications, visits to potential workplaces,
    doctor's appointment then physio, visiting sick friends in hospital
    and more supply work than I had dared hope for!!
    Actually forgot to wear scent 2 days in a row.
    This evening I have calmed down and am exuding waves of Rive Gauche.

Serge Lutens Chergui. Day three. I think I'm smitten!