Code of Conduct

Default I Found the Best Atomizer! (Department Store Only, Please)

Narcisco Rodriguez for Him! Has anyone ever sprayed this? The atomizer when you push it down is totally soft and easy, you surely don't have to apply ANY pressure on your finger like you do conventionally when it comes to cologne! It just swiftly and softly sprays on fast with a single slight "press!"

And the smell is GREAT too...better for daytime or nighttime, anyone wanna aver on this?

So come up with a BETTER Atomizer than this (non-niche and Department Store ONLY please), 'cause I know you can't find one that's so easy and soft-drawn like NR for Him!

I totally dig it.

Default Re: I Found the Best Atomizer! (Department Store Only, Please)

However, SCENT-WISE, (and indeed atomizer-wise), Gucci PH II is actually very good in its atomizer, and it's scent is still nicer and more luxurious/"delightful" than NR For Him..GPH2 is amazing.

I love atomizers that depress easy. You can apply very controlled amounts strategically, rather than wasting a whole blast on one wrist or wherever. Dior Homme is also very good in this way.

I hate when I'm trying to give a little mini squirt on a wrist but the button suddenly depresses all the way and the juice goes all over.

For me, full sprays are usually only for chest/stomach.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 20th November 2009 at 03:26 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

All my Mugler scents have great atomizers, although I find the best ones are in the rubber A*Men and family flasks.

Perfumers so greatly underestimate the good karma and positive feedback that accrues to their fragrance brand each time you push the sprayer down and the air is filled with an effortless fullness of misted fragrance. With each depression of the plunger comes the instant gratification of (1) a job well done, and (2) receiving more than promised, and (3) anything worth doing is worth doing well, etc, etc - platitudes apply in this case. Everytime a a great spray occurs a part of my subconscious mind is saying "what a wonderful fragrance this is!" even though it has nothing to do with the smell of the stuff.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 20th November 2009 at 03:59 AM.

Chanel sprayers seem to work very well - Egoiste was great, and Allure Homme Blanche gives a good spray. The rest more-or-less work as expected.

Asides from those two I've never really noticed good ones - only instead have noticed poor ones... My D&G pH 'puffs' rather than sprays out (it seems many have this problem), and the one on my Dior Homme bottle squirts out 1/5th of a normal spray in a high velocity stream! The intense / cologne DH sprayers are fine though, must have just gotten lucky.

Another iffy one is Issey Miyake - seems to need a few pumps to get a good amount going through, and it also appears my bottle leaks slightly - I had it upside down in my bag a few months ago and lost about 1/12th of a bottle over a week
    Last edited by Anthony87; 20th November 2009 at 04:05 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Perfumers so greatly underestimate the good karma and positive feedback that accrues to their fragrance brand each time you push the sprayer down and the air is filled with an effortless fullness of misted fragrance. With each depression of the plunger comes the instant gratification of (1) a job well done, and (2) receiving more than promised, and (3) anything worth doing is worth doing well, etc, etc - platitudes apply in this case. Everytime a a great spray occurs a part of my subconscious mind is saying "what a wonderful fragrance this is!" even though it has nothing to do with the smell of the stuff.
    Yeah, I'd feel that way too, it's cause of the quality of the atomizer that makes us sometimes think what's emanating from inside is "great" but then it can be super musky, heavy, etc., but Narcisco Rodriguez I saw was actually a good smell! Not seductive/sensual much, but definitely good for spring/summer time, pristine fresh spring smell/cucumber/water, pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Chanel sprayers seem to work very well - Egoiste was great, and Allure Homme Blanche gives a good spray. The rest more-or-less work as expected.

Asides from those two I've never really noticed good ones - only instead have noticed poor ones... My D&G pH 'puffs' rather than sprays out (it seems many have this problem), and the one on my Dior Homme bottle squirts out 1/5th of a normal spray in a high velocity stream! The intense / cologne DH sprayers are fine though, must have just gotten lucky.

Another iffy one is Issey Miyake - seems to need a few pumps to get a good amount going through, and it also appears my bottle leaks slightly - I had it upside down in my bag a few months ago and lost about 1/12th of a bottle over a week
    Agreed about the Issey Miyake. The amount of juice dispensed is so inconsistent. The atmomizer is a little tight too and when pressed too much it can cause the finger to hurt a little...well maybe it's just my bottle. The XS and Black XS atmomizers really just dispense too much for my liking. Most of the time it ends up dripping down my neck.

Hermes atomizers are quite good too. A nice amount is dispensed with every spray. Overall I think most atomizers are alright...it's just that some need a different amount of pressure to spray properly.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

My bottle of L'eau D'Issey INTENSE works just fine, actually, it's one of my favorites because it despenses a very very fine spray, it's like one of the settings of those watering things you use for the garden.

I also like how encre noire's pump is easy to press, Gucci PH too.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity here, has anyone ever sprayed Narcisco Rodriguez to see what I'm talking about and how its atomizer is arguably the best there is?

Has anyone pressed it? I really wanted to know as that atomizer is unprecedented in finger 'ease,' and, the spray that comes out is consistent and great

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Just out of curiosity here, has anyone ever sprayed Narcisco Rodriguez to see what I'm talking about and how its atomizer is arguably the best there is?

Has anyone pressed it? I really wanted to know as that atomizer is unprecedented in finger 'ease,' and, the spray that comes out is consistent and great
    I agree with you about NR the sprayer. Probably one of the best i've used,
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I agree with you about NR the sprayer. Probably one of the best i've used,
    +1

Another one I like is XS pour homme. I love how the spray cap is large enough and the mechanism isn't too stiff and allows for a nice smooth full spray! Edit: Jonny, I actually kinda like the amount it dispenses, though I agree, it sprays a whole lot more than most of the bottles I know.

Oh yes, that Issey... the pump seems a little short and doesn't seem to depress a whole lot.. plus the spray cap is kinda tiny too, so I usually get juice on my finger as well.
    Last edited by MFJ; 20th November 2009 at 06:54 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

If you think the NR atomiser is good, wait till you try the spray mechanism on Cerutti Image...

Last edited by Diamondflame; 20th November 2009 at 06:49 AM.

^Looks cool! I tried it a long time ago..though the way you must hold it I assume is/can be annoying since its unconventional?

Btw, anyone tried Body Kouros's atomizer? I think that does a great job, too.

Dependent

DF, that bottle looks sweet man. I wonder how the sprayer works... looks very interesting! I assume you just depress the extended metal piece?
    Last edited by MFJ; 20th November 2009 at 07:42 AM.

Oh,yeah..the spraying business...it's such a pitty to spend lots of money on a frag and then see that the mechanism sucks...for example:Roja Dove Enslaved (well, the whole trilogy bottles)..at least mine tends to leak..also leaky: parfum d'empire...my Creeds work good (nice fine spray),
    Anyone tried the Chanel les exclusifs? Those look as if they were pure spraying heaven...

Basenotes Plus

I've always found the spraying mechanism on Herrera 212 Men to be superbly efficient.

I love the sprayer on K10 as well as on my Chanel Fragrances
    the rest are nothing special
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

FYI, I broke open a bottle of NR for Him once and found that the juice is enclosed in a bag that deflates as the atomizer is used. That might explain the softness of the spraying.

"Softness of the spraying" - I love that statement! The spray just so softly bursts out in a very calm and mature way; when you spray it once, a lot bursts out, but very calm and maturely. It's next to impossible for it to squirt out "bits and pieces," as one press of the finger merits a huge, soft, calm blast of fragrance power

Body Kouros' atomizer is great too, and Gucci PH2

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    DF, that bottle looks sweet man. I wonder how the sprayer works... looks very interesting! I assume you just depress the extended metal piece?
    Yes. It works on the principle of leverage, the metal piece presses on the spray pump as you apply pressure on the flat end. Nothing revolutionary, just more ergonomically designed for comfort and greater control. I was given a bottle as a gift 10 yrs ago.

Dior Homme has the most effortless sprayer in my wardrobe.

From the Kouros Lovers social group, one of the best quotes of Basenotes:

I think I have it figured out, but perhaps the reason why Kouros is so often over-applied (and thus despised) is that unlike other scents, the spray is such a non-event that people use more than is necessary.

It is not even like a normal spray ("pssst" or "pffft"), but a "puh". Perhaps it should come with a sound effect or something--like a bomb going off, a shotgun, or a woman moaning--to signal that something major just happened.
    Fairly accurate, I think!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 20th November 2009 at 06:03 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Body Kouros totally destroys Kouros and has one of the best scents in the world, IMO

I'll add another vote for Dior Homme.

Narciso Rodriguez and Dior Homme are both good in this department

My Creed BdP wonderfully applies a full and hardy spritz.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    FYI, I broke open a bottle of NR for Him once and found that the juice is enclosed in a bag that deflates as the atomizer is used. That might explain the softness of the spraying.
    Very cool! I I *never* would have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Yes. It works on the principle of leverage, the metal piece presses on the spray pump as you apply pressure on the flat end. Nothing revolutionary, just more ergonomically designed for comfort and greater control. I was given a bottle as a gift 10 yrs ago.
    Thanks, DF!

Chanel Egoiste and Dior Homme Sport are the best in my experience
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Hmm, I sure know the worst atomizer! B*MEN, it's your time to take the spotlight you impotent bastard!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Totally agreed with the complaints on the Issey Miyake atomizer. It's really small for my hands so it can be difficult to control. I'm also not too fond of the Prada Amber deluxe atomizer, since it's actually really difficult and clumsy to spray properly.

As far as good atomizers go my Creed's are fairly good in that area, and I've never really had any trouble with most anyway.

Chanel has the best designer atomizers I've come across. I really like the Acqua di Parma Colonia atomizer and all my 2.5oz/4oz Creeds have the same excellent spray. I have a 1 oz Creed and that atomizer is awful.

I've often wondered how much time/money houses spend and how much importance they place on atomisers. Whether they do a full in-house manufacturing and testing process, or just go to an independent manufacturer and say "half a million spray pumps to fit this size bottle neck, please", without really worrying about how good they are. The fact that some are so obviously bad makes you think they just do the latter.