Code of Conduct

Thread: Coconut

Default Coconut

I'm after a coconut scent that wont make me smell like a Bounty bar. I don't get on with The Body Shop Coconut Oil, and would like something creamy but not cloying, watery and not too sweet.

Will welcome any suggestions!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Coconut

J Lo Deseo - watery and green coconut
    Guerlain Mahora - Coconut and tropical flowers
    Etat Libre d'Orange Jasmin et Cigarette - A freshly opened pack of cigarettes, clean jasmine, hay and coconut
    Creed Virgin Island Water - Boozy rum, lime and coconut

Hope this helps slightly!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Have you tried Emporio Armani She or Dream Angels Heavenly? I think of those as "coconutty." Fire & Ice for women is like cherry coconut to me.

Thank you for all suggestions!

I have tried Deseo, though I think I need to give it another shot...

Virgin Island Water I have a vague recollection of smelling like pencils and lime and drying down to furniture polish! (i have a weird nose). It is also totally out of my price range, but suggested alternatives have been BBW Coconut Lime Verbena and Harajuku Lovers G, which I am trying to get my hands on!

Emporio Armani She (red) is one of my all time favourites, though there is no coconut in there right? Is it the fig playing tricks on my nose? Perhaps I should be trying some figgy scents too in that case?

Thanks again!

EDIT: I just tried Harajuku Lovers G, and although at first spritz it smelled very pleasant, it has dried down to smell exactly like TBS Coconut. And I have a pounding head! Oh dear, perhaps coconut is not for me! I also sampled Deseo.... it is very 'meh', on me at least.
    Last edited by goldiloks; 21st November 2009 at 01:47 PM.

Revisiting this thread, having decided I do want to smell like a Bounty Bar after all :P

I have a decent collection of beachy scents now; Bronze Goddess, Deseo, Harajuku Lovers Cuties G, Miami Glow, BBW Coconut Lime Verbena, which are all lovely in their own ways. None of them are especially sweet though, in a sugary type way.

Any suggestions for a simple, fun, sweet coconut frag?

ps. The 'My Coconut Island' http://www.treaclemoon.net/product_i...d_products.jpgrange from Treacle Moon smells pretty good, alas, no body spray or edt

Revisiting this thread, having decided I do want to smell like a Bounty Bar after all :P

I have a decent collection of beachy scents now; Bronze Goddess, Deseo, Harajuku Lovers Cuties G, Miami Glow, BBW Coconut Lime Verbena, which are all lovely in their own ways. None of them are especially sweet though, in a sugary type way.

Any suggestions for a simple, fun, sweet coconut frag?

ps. The 'My Coconut Island' http://www.treaclemoon.net/product_i...d_products.jpg range from Treacle Moon smells pretty good, alas, no body spray or edt

Couple of thoughts.
    "Wicked Wahini" is an oddly compelling scent. Odd because I don't especially like coconut, yet I enjoy smelling it on a friend.
    FIG can often give a coconut-like note. Yet it is greener and crisper than coconut -- so you may find it worth checking out. Hermes Jardin Mediteranee, Jo Malone does one... L'Artisan has two versions... have fun.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I got some Marc Jacobs samples off ebay. Some say it has a coconut smell, even though it is actually fig.
    Still a bit cold in the Mideast to feel good about wearing it though.

If you find you like coconut with fig, then one if not the best out there is Campos De Ibiza – Higo

The fruity top note opens with coconut, raspberry, mandarin and grapefruit, while the middle note mixes cedar and fig leaves. The base note is really warm, featuring musk, sandalwood and amber.

Head: Cyclamen, raspberry, jasmine, coconut, mandarin, mint, grapefruit
    Heart: Cedar, fig leaves
    Base: Amber, iris, musk, sandalwood

Campos de Ibiza do some amazing scents, mainly women but a few are unisex

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    If you find you like coconut with fig, then one if not the best out there is Campos De Ibiza – Higo

The fruity top note opens with coconut, raspberry, mandarin and grapefruit, while the middle note mixes cedar and fig leaves. The base note is really warm, featuring musk, sandalwood and amber.

Head: Cyclamen, raspberry, jasmine, coconut, mandarin, mint, grapefruit
    Heart: Cedar, fig leaves
    Base: Amber, iris, musk, sandalwood

Campos de Ibiza do some amazing scents, mainly women but a few are unisex
    This sounds intruiging! Any idea who stocks Campos de Ibiza products? Are they quite hard to get hold of?

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Couple of thoughts.
    "Wicked Wahini" is an oddly compelling scent. Odd because I don't especially like coconut, yet I enjoy smelling it on a friend.
    FIG can often give a coconut-like note. Yet it is greener and crisper than coconut -- so you may find it worth checking out. Hermes Jardin Mediteranee, Jo Malone does one... L'Artisan has two versions... have fun.
    Am I right in thinking you can only get hold of this stuff in Hawaii? The juice sounds lush, and the packaging is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I got some Marc Jacobs samples off ebay. Some say it has a coconut smell, even though it is actually fig.
    Still a bit cold in the Mideast to feel good about wearing it though.
    This isn't half bad, but I don't love it enough to splurge ;P I'll keep my eyes on ebay....

In response to the Wicked Wahini question by goldilocks -- My friend gets it in Hawaii when she visits. But I've seen it on ebay.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 8th March 2010 at 05:08 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by goldiloks View Post
    This sounds intruiging! Any idea who stocks Campos de Ibiza products? Are they quite hard to get hold of?
    I get my Campos de Ibiza from http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/duefte...8?currency=GBP

Their main web site is http://www.camposdeibiza.com/uk/the-concept.html

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    In response to the Wicked Wahini question by goldilocks -- My friend gets it in Hawaii when she visits. But I've seen it on ebay.
    Aha.... in that case I'll keep an eye out.

Seems like a pefectly valid excuse for a holiday to me! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Cheers Craig!

If you like a coconutty incense Incense Tibet by Ava Luxe is really nice and a bottle will last forever because it is SO strong. You might have a wait a bit however because Serena is taking a bit of a break at the moment.
    Live a wonderfully perfumed life!