Code of Conduct

Default Budapest Fragrance Shopping

I'll be there next week, any specific scents or scent shops to recommend? Hungary Water?
    I am looking forward to visiting Memento Park, the graveyard for all their Communist era statuary.

Default Re: Budapest Fragrance Shopping

MAN!!

I'll give you the addresses of the shops in Budapest, where you'll find Etro, Annick Goutal, Montale, Amouage, Villoresi, L;Artisan, etc. scents galore )

Alas I don't live in Budapest, so there's no chance to meet you, but I'm very happy to know you you'll be in my country.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Budapest Fragrance Shopping

Ruggles: Budapest? Very Interesting.

I hope you will enjoy your tour, as well:-)

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Ruggles: Budapest? Very Interesting.
    OFF-TOPIC-ON

Why not?
    Two weeks ago Larry Coryell, one of the most influental guitarist of the world came to us, I had the privilage to talk to him. He loves our country, he learned a lot from Gabor Szabo, a hungarian guitarist. On wednesday Diana Krall explained how much she loves this country... Al diMeola spends a great part of his life in Hungary, and so on...

So everybody is welcome! There's culture, beautiful girls, fantastic wines...

OFF-TOPIC-OFF

Thanks Sandy for your tips, it seems like you're into jazz. Amarok, thanks for your kind wishes.
    N_Tesla, it's a beautiful city, I've visited a few times in the past, during their communist years, I can't wait to see how it has changed.
    I have relatives in Hungary, somewhere.

WoW Sandy, Larry Coryell, Al DiMiola and Diana Krall---all awesome jazz geniuses.
    Have a blast Ruggles. Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Have fun practicing the Finno-ugric language family---it's a toughy!
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    WoW Sandy, Larry Coryell, Al DiMiola and Diana Krall---all awesome jazz geniuses.
    Have a blast Ruggles. Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Have fun practicing the Finno-ugric language family---it's a toughy!
    I wouldn't like to be banned from basenotes, so I don't make the list longer Just one link, where Al is playing with a beautiful hungarian flutist in Budapest. I was there

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9iYiOtqEE"]YouTube- Al Di Meola - Horgas Eszter: Astor Piazzolla - Double concerto (Budapest, 2008)[/ame]

Yeah, it's a great country, though the language for a foreigner can be tough, I admit
    I do hope Ruggles will be having a great time here

I wish you a safe and happy trip!
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Hungary Water if you can find. Do some research see which brands are authentic. It is also probably a victim of the same imposters as Jean Marie in the west.

+++Update on Budapest niche fragrance shops - status quo 2017+++

There are three niche fragrance and cosmetics shops in downtown Budapest, Neroli and Le Parfum and Madison.

Madison are around since 2011 however their website started just new. Madison has 3 stores, one in Bucharest one in Budapest and one in Reykjavík.

The Budapest store itself was before its makeover the Opera pharmacy and Madison have kept the 120 years old wooden shelves, interiors, stairs, providing a mix of the very elegant and unique atmosphere with modernity.

They carry many brands you don't find in the other two also superb niche shops Neroli.hu and LeParfum.hu: A Lab on Fire, Agonist André Putman, Annick Goutal, Automobili Lamborghini, Blood Concept, Bond No 9., Boudicea the Victorious, Byredo, by Kilian, Clive Christian, Creed, Carner Barcelona, Comme des Garçons, Czech and Speake, Diane Pernet Paris, Editions de Parfums Fréderic Malle, Nasomatto, Orto Paris, Parfums Viktoria Minya, Re Parfumo Venezia, Roads, Profumi del Forte, Santa Eulalia, Santa Maria Novella, Six Scents, So Oud, S4P, Terry de Gunzburg, TFK, etc.
    Madison have also a ton of Interior scents, cosmetics, hair and skin care department. H-1066 Andrássy út 26.
    http://madisonperfumery.hu/about-us/?lang=en

Le Parfum is run by a Magyar perfumer, Mr. Zsolt Zólyomi, who was trained at Guerlain. They have a single store in the ground floor of the building of the luxury hotel Le Méridien - Ritz Carlton.http://www.leparfum.hu/en H-1051 Erzsébet tér 9.

Neroli http://www.neroli.hu/?lang[lang]=en has launched a twin shop called Tinamu - Neroli is the niche perfumista shop, Tinamu carries all the cosmetics, skin and hair care. http://tinamu.hu/en
    They are located next to each other, you can not miss them in H-1052, Régi posta utca 19.

Tom Ford Private Blend and Armani Blend Privée line can be found in Mammut 2 shopping mall at the Douglas Perfumery, 1st floor. Address: H-1024 Budapest, Lövőház utca 2-6.
    http://mammut.hu/uzletek/douglas-parfumeria

Happy shopping in Budapest.
    Last edited by HTom; 15th June 2017 at 05:34 PM.