Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson love/hate?

I think Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson is the most cutting edge of the three Un Jardin series.
    For easy wearing Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is my favorite of the trio but, when I feel like to pushing the edge of the envelope while in public, shopping or whatever, I enjoy the facial expressions and question I get with Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson. It is kind of like wearing modern art. I wonder what your opinion of this J.C.Ellena art work? I think one would have to like cantaloupe as a note and I do.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 22nd November 2009 at 07:10 PM.

Default Re: Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson love/hate?

It's well done, but rather "meh" on all accounts. I haven't been a big fan of the series in general, although they all have their strong points. Mousson is probably the most interesting of the three, but not something that I could love or hate either way.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson love/hate?

I forgot to mention that according to "Now Smell This" review http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/05/3/...erfume-review/ Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson layer well with Terre de Hermes.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I forgot to mention that according to "Now Smell This" review http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/05/3/...erfume-review/ Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson layer well with Terre de Hermes.
    ooooh have to try that. I have samples of both. Mousson's melon note just reminds me too much of a Yankee candle fragrance I used to burn a lot to make me want to wear it. I adore wearing Le Nil , however.

They are too light and fruity for me to wear, but my wife has Sur le Nil and Apres le Mousson and she loves them both. Apres le Mousson does have more contrast to it, as well as that delightful fruit topnote you mention - from memory I was thinking it was watermelon, but it might have been canteloupe as N_tesla said. Sur le Nil is the more delightful scent, lighter, fruitier, and more smoothly balanced, while Apres le Mousson is more mysterious.

I wouldn't consider them flankers, but a themed series. The "story" behind them is very well executed in the scent, so it engages the imagination as a great scent should. Unique and delightful.

I find all the D'Orange Verte scents layer well with TDH. I iamgine Du Nil would layer well too.

As for Mousson, I like Du Nil the best of the jardin series, but Mousson i think is 2nd best. Don't like the sheer powdery fig wood note in Meditterranae.

Blog Entries

I think Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson is the most cutting edge of the three Un Jardin series.
    For easy wearing Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is my favorite of the trio but, when I feel like to pushing the edge of the envelope while in public, shopping or whatever, I enjoy the facial expressions and question I get with Un Jardin Apres Le Mousson. It is kind of like wearing modern art. I wonder what your opinion of this J.C.Ellena art work? I think one would have to like cantaloupe as a note and I do.
    Totally agreed - it's art. Love/Hate? Yes. There are days I simply can't bear it, and days when I swoon.

I think my nose is following DULLAH's on this. To me, Nil seems most unique and wearable, Mousson is very interesting and most artful, and Meditérranée is nice but lop-sided. My solution on the latter was to layer Meditérranée with various florals, including Céline's Jasmin de Nuit. I was blown away by that combination, and recommend it as wonderfully unisex floral.

I had not thought about layering Mousson, but now that I think about it, it's a great idea. I will also check out DULLAH's recommendation using Concentrée d'Orange Verte!
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Guerlain Homme by Guerlain

Blog Entries

I vote for love. The enormous black pepper envelopes the melon and cucumber, giving a sense of sweet vs spicy, but rendered with artful simplicity.

When I wear it, I'm pretty much guaranteed one of those moments at work where I absentmindedly think "Wow - what smells so good? Oh, it's ME!"
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??
    Currently wearing: Idyllwild by Ineke

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My vote for love here too.

Love it. Agree with you that it's different than the other 3.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto
    Currently wearing: Desire Silver by Dunhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I vote for love. The enormous black pepper envelopes the melon and cucumber, giving a sense of sweet vs spicy, but rendered with artful simplicity.

When I wear it, I'm pretty much guaranteed one of those moments at work where I absentmindedly think "Wow - what smells so good? Oh, it's ME!"
    LOL!

Totally agreed! That spiciness just rocks. It also smells great on other people, including my wife and (cough) other ladies.
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 23rd November 2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: TMI added!
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Guerlain Homme by Guerlain

I agree that it's the most nuanced of the three Jardins. But I find it to be, at the same time, watery and cloying.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 23rd November 2009 at 04:23 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Hate it. I've tried it many times since I blind bought it (and sold it quickly afterwards)...and each and every time I try it I still hate it.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Oud Luban by Aftelier

Nil is my favorite, but something about Mousson is transporting. It is lush and exotic and tropical in all the right ways that conjures imaginary travel unlike any other scent I've tried (maybe L'air du desert marocain, but that locale is quite different).
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric