Code of Conduct

Default Suggestion for a high class, really modern, evening, masculine, oriential

Something kinda edgy.......Suggestions......what colognes would fit this bill. Ask the Experts

Default Re: Suggestion for a high class, really modern, evening, masculine, oriential

What's your price range?

Default Re: Suggestion for a high class, really modern, evening, masculine, oriential

Probably max out around $175 - $200

This. Amber-sandalwood with faint cardamom and citrus hints. Luckyscent's marketing copy actually summarises it quite well: burnished orange silk. I've been testing my sample for the past few months and wouldn't mind some myself (coming from someone who's since been indifferent to amber and sandalwood). It's almost custom-designed for the evening and not at all loud. On a woman I can see it being totally cliche; on a man, genteel and original.
    Last edited by Hide & Reason; 23rd November 2009 at 07:23 AM.

YSL M7
    Valentino V
    Trussardi Inside

Dependent

+1 on M7 - plus it can be had for well below your budget limit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hide & Reason View Post
    This. Amber-sandalwood with faint cardamom and citrus hints. Luckyscent's marketing copy actually summarises it quite well: burnished orange silk. I've been testing my sample for the past few months and wouldn't mind some myself (coming from someone who's since been indifferent to amber and sandalwood). It's almost custom-designed for the evening and not at all loud. On a woman I can see it being totally cliche; on a man, genteel and original.
    I think I'll second this (Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang). It's one of my favorites from the house, and while it's not one of my overall favorite fragrances (a bit too sweet), it's definitely a top choice for a "modern oriental."
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Mazzolari Lui

Another vote for M7. Yatagan is another great option. I also love dipping into the feminine side and find a lot of flor-ientals don't seem too feminine on guys... try Baghari, Samsara, Opium or even Coco--all are great and definitely edgy.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Basenotes Institution

Chergui by Serge Lutens
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

You seriously want to be edgy? Try..

Dior Eau Noire

Ooooh yeah baby!