Code of Conduct

Default TORONTO/GTA Basenotes meetup!!! Sat Nov 28th - Be There!

Hey Everyone! You've probably got a PM about the Toronto Meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

There are many of us scent-heads throughout Canada, with at least a few here in Toronto. I’m relatively new to the scene but in all my searching I haven’t heard of any big Toronto meetups?! So let’s finally do one and put some faces to the names. I realize you may or may not be in T.O... but if you are, come on out and meet us!

I’ve spoken with a local boutique here and they are happy to host us - details for the meetup are below, and if you could please just PM me back with confirmation just so we know how many people to expect, that would be great.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you!
    Daniel

Date: Saturday November 28th, 2009
    Time: Let’s aim to meet at noon (12:00) for a couple of hours. We can stay there, or walk around to some other nearby locations. In the area are various boutiques (Chanel, Geurlain, Hermes) and some other stores like Andrew’s and Holt’s… Let’s see how things go and decide at the time.
    To Bring: Yourself, an open mind, maybe some cash, your significant others, and any books, samples, etc
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 23rd November 2009 at 09:56 PM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: TORONTO/GTA Basenotes meetup!!! Sat Nov 28th - Be There!

Bumper cars...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I hope we're getting a good response.

I'll be there!!! (I hope that doesn't deter)

^^ Ha, it'll only entice, at least for me! So far looks like there'll be at least 6-7 of us. I received about 10 messages from people saying they couldn't make it for various reasons, so there are a good 15-20 active GTA people for future reference.

Thanks for organizing this MC! It sounds so fun!!

I so badly want to join in on the fun. It's a friend's 40th birthday tomorrow night...and I'm still waffling. I'm in Ottawa so it's a 4 hour drive, but I want to come!!

I hope it's ok if I am a last minute attendant....

I''m very much looking forward to meeting everyone! I really hope you can make it 3x. :P

Have a great time everyone attending ! I'd love to be there but it's my nephew's christening and I'll be in Montreal. Sniff some Exclusifs for me!

Ok guys, please post a blow by blow (sniff by sniff ) account of your day! Hope it was amazing!!

Until about 11:30 I didn't think I'd be able to make it, but at the last minute I bundled up my kids and made the trek into T.O. for the Perfume Meetup.

Although I arrived late and had to rush off for a hair appt at 1:15 I was glad I went. Everyone always says what great people you meet in the perfume world and this little gathering proved that point. The Noor folks were very welcoming and everyone seemed pretty much at home. I really regretted not bringing my sample bag to share since this really was the main conversational currency. While browsing Noor's L'Artisan collection, I tried Bois Farine for the first time and was instantly transported back to childhood - for me it was all Pirate Cookies.

After my haircut I trundled on to Holts hoping to catch up with the gang and prove that I don't always look like I slept in my car ;-) but didn't see any of these newly familiar faces. I did stop by to speak with Ivanka my favorite Holts SA and got a heavenly spritzing of Chaos before rejoining my hubby and kids.

Thanks Daniel, for organizing this event. Hope to see you all again some day.
    Last edited by ScentRed; 29th November 2009 at 01:55 AM.

Hey all, thanks everyone for coming out to the meetup. To those of you who couldn't make it, there will definately be another meeting in the planning in the new year, probably within the first month or two and yes, there will be more advanced notice for this one...

As for what all we did, there were about 7-8 of us who met up at Noor and we spent a good few hours talking about various industry things and just smelling around the store and some samples that some people brought. Personally, I forgot to take anything but I will for the the next one for sure. a few people dropped in at various points and I found it nice to put some faces to the names/avatars. No pictures this time though!

After Noor, about 4-5 of us worked our way through Hermes and Geurlain and eventually on to Holt's... we found out that Holt's now carries the Chanel exclusif line as well as having a pretty cool new setup (opened 2 days ago) with ceramic(?) smelling "sticks" - it's better then it sounds.

Anyway, lots more happened and I'm sure the next meetup will be even better. Just wanted to give a quick rundown of the day's events and say that it was really nice meeting everyone!

M.C

I would love to meet perfume lovers,like me. Please, send me an invitation for the next meet-up.

Please add me to the next "Perfume Meet-Up" in Toronto. New to the site, but not new to perfume! Always learning from others who like different stuff than me.