Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Versace L'Homme....is it me or....

is the drydown on this frag really, really good? I keep re-testing L'Homme because of the accord movements I seem to be getting. They are very noticeable progressions, but the drydown seems to be pretty damn good.

Anyone else feel this scent is better than maybe the credit given to it?

Default Re: Versace L'Homme....is it me or....

I liked it at first but then I came to dislike the creamy quality of the drydown. Depending upon which direction I want to go in, I'd choose Joint for Men or Santos Concentree instead these days.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 8th September 2012 at 06:21 AM.

I wore this one extensively about 10-12 years ago and absolutely adored it. It's elegant but extremely versatile.

This is a wonderful fragrance. Old world, without being old fashioned. Sexy, without being raunchy. Worldly. L'homme and Mediterraneum are my favorite Versace fragrances marketed to men.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 24th November 2009 at 06:27 AM.

Cool Re: Versace L'Homme....is it me or....

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    is the drydown on this frag really, really good? I keep re-testing L'Homme because of the accord movements I seem to be getting. They are very noticeable progressions, but the drydown seems to be pretty damn good.

Anyone else feel this scent is better than maybe the credit given to it?
    Naw it's just you

(And bossanova_boy, AnthonyDG and Bigsly)

And me and foetidus and Ken Russell and Tony T and tvlampboy " A masterpiece " And MonkeyManMatt and JaimeB and Basteri and Naed_Nitram and----

I guess we'll have to wait until it's discontinued, next to impossible to obtain and is auctioned at ridiculous prices on eBay before the rest of the BaseNote world discovers it.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

It was interesting to see this in a new box and bottle as of late. I'm aware of 3 unique boxes/bottles. Does anybody have information as to any reformulations of L'Homme?

BTW - I just ordered a BNIB 3.4 oz on eBay for $17.95. Hard to beat that..

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Versace L'Homme is one of my favourites, and one of the (if not the) best from Versace. It has a beautiful drydown. VL'H is quite underrated among the cognoscenti, IMO. I believe its one of those frags which will have a cult following if discontinued.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

As my name was mentioned too among the ones who love this frag, I can only confirm this, yes I always loved this frag because or the classic gentlemanly, rich and long/lasting drydown and until this one will still be available at reasonable prices and still in regular, easily accessible production, I am considering owning more backup bottles of it. All this because, in many ways, there are times when I get from this one a slight but more complexity, edginess (in a positive sense) and lasting power even up to greater extent, than even from my all-time favorite, Armani PH.

Versace's best , & first i think ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I agree with you, the drydown is awesome.

AromiErotici

Like AnthonyDG, I've noticed different bottles and am curious if the formulation has changed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    I guess we'll have to wait until it's discontinued, next to impossible to obtain and is auctioned at ridiculous prices on eBay before the rest of the BaseNote world discovers it.
    The man speaks the truth
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

IMO the best they have in that house

Yup, I barely pay attention to the topnotes when I wear it... the middle and base are complex and excellent and favorites of mine. My new bottle looks about the same as my older bottle (except for size). I have a cold now so I'm not sniffing so well, but they smell about the same to me right now.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    Yup, I barely pay attention to the topnotes when I wear it... the middle and base are complex and excellent and favorites of mine. My new bottle looks about the same as my older bottle (except for size). I have a cold now so I'm not sniffing so well, but they smell about the same to me right now.
    Thanks Paul. I was curious because if a newer version still smelled as good as what I sampled......well then...... I can see this finding its way into my drobe.

Sur la Plage

An excellent fragrance - and hands down the best from Versace.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Been wearing it a lot lately and I agree that it's amazing...and to top it all off it smells so natural.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It's fantastic. Might be my favorite top notes and it just gets better from there.

Very overlooked. Inordinately well blended.

One of a very few of my frags that surprises me all day long... "What's that great smell...OH, it's me."

Sadly I've tried to find love for the reformulated version I got and I just can't. The citrus top notes are just way too harsh, synthetic and overpower the warmth and spice from its predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    It's fantastic. Might be my favorite top notes and it just gets better from there.

One of a very few of my frags that surprises me all day long... "What's that great smell...OH, it's me."

I tried this one out today, the opening is somewhat disgusting to me, like a fruity cat pisss, however after a half an hour or so that went away and the dry down is amazing. I almost bought it. Maybe next week.

I have a couple of the vintage bottles and yes, it is a great juice. Masculine with great depth and very sexy.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems legit.It really is fragrant.You don't have to retest it.It is already good.You may find more details about the perfumes online.

It's alright, definitely not hype-worthy.

Personally don't care for it at all.

I enjoy the top notes and the long lasting middle, towards the end, whilst not bad, I feel it does get a little too sweet and less nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post

Totally agree.

The last couple of formulations are mediocre. The current formulation is a joke, sort of a watery green floral with cheap citrus, sugary sweetness and a harsh dry leather. The original 1984 formulation is deep, rich, animalic, smooth as butter, and damn near as satisfying as it gets. Easily one of the better masculine fragrances ever made. Has that warm, natural, oozing from the pores feel that often accompanies fragrances with plenty of natural animalics. I often think of it as a drier, greener, edgier, more energetic, less affable Zino Davidoff, and the precursor of things like Tiffany for Men. But I'll take the virility of the original Versace L'Homme any day. And yeah, it has a lot of congruence with Santos Concentree, which I like, but VLH has more brains. Identifying the original formulations can be next to impossible. The stuff at BHP ebay looks like it but isn''t.

Needless to say, Versace L'Homme is the only great thing from that house. Supposedly Francois Demachy and Jacques Polge were involved in its creation. Who knows.
    Last edited by pluran; 9th September 2012 at 02:49 AM.

This formulation...

Versace-LHomme-M500.jpg

Worth it??

Basenotes Plus

Wonderfully stated, Bossa Nova.

Picking up on old threads about Versace L'Homme and just wanted to say that, in my humble opinion - it "was" the greatest fragrance ever released by the Versace house...as the current reformulation is still good (not great, but, not as bad as some feel), but it has definitely lost a significant amount of potency, depth of notes and actual ingredients (no oakmoss left, less leather and the rich drydown is more hollow). Still nice in warm weather and actually shows very good in a layered wearing with the prior formulation in the 90's (brown box/greener juice, not yellow). Not a great reformulation - but to me, decent...but, very different from Vintage and 90's formulations, which are utterly fantastic.

Salud,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    This is a wonderful fragrance. Old world, without being old fashioned. Sexy, without being raunchy. Worldly. L'homme and Mediterraneum are my favorite Versace fragrances marketed to men.
    - - - Updated - - -

Yes -

The classic brown box with the Bold Type is 90's formulation (which is so very close to the Original formulation!)

Definitely what I would pursue, personally!

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    This formulation...

Versace-LHomme-M500.jpg

Worth it??
    Last edited by ericrico; 12th November 2012 at 05:37 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Sadly I've tried to find love for the reformulated version I got and I just can't. The citrus top notes are just way too harsh, synthetic and overpower the warmth and spice from its predecessor.
    Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Totally agree.

The last couple of formulations are mediocre. The current formulation is a joke, sort of a watery green floral with cheap citrus, sugary sweetness and a harsh dry leather. The original 1984 formulation is deep, rich, animalic, smooth as butter, and damn near as satisfying as it gets. Easily one of the better masculine fragrances ever made. Has that warm, natural, oozing from the pores feel that often accompanies fragrances with plenty of natural animalics. I often think of it as a drier, greener, edgier, more energetic, less affable Zino Davidoff, and the precursor of things like Tiffany for Men. But I'll take the virility of the original Versace L'Homme any day. And yeah, it has a lot of congruence with Santos Concentree, which I like, but VLH has more brains. Identifying the original formulations can be next to impossible. The stuff at BHP ebay looks like it but isn''t.

Needless to say, Versace L'Homme is the only great thing from that house. Supposedly Francois Demachy and Jacques Polge were involved in its creation. Who knows.
    +1 for this lady too. The current formulation is just painful.
    Bad girls don't cry but get even.

I bought a couple of bottles some years ago and they are much richer and deeper than the new version. Still, even now, it's better than the rest of the men's range. That's quite sad.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones to have the older version of Versace l'homme. Time had passed and I had forgotten about it. Only recently did I notice the full bottle at the back of my wardrobe. I then had one of those moments where I wondered why on earth did I buy a certain scent in the first place. Well, all I can say is that it was like a reunion with an old friend. The winter months are perfect for wearing Versace l'homme. So good in fact , I will be stocking up again for future fall and winter seasons. What is remarkable with this fragrance is the delightful development from start to finish. Longevity is great and sillage just as impressive. Last night I noticed a fair bit of leather in the drydown. Suffice to say one of nicest renditions of leather out of many in my collection. Whoever designed Versace l'homme did so with an appreciation for never letting let the rich ingredients get cloying while retaining a freshness that is both vibrant and comforting.

To me it's a very good-but-not-quite-great fragrance. Although it is my favorite from Versace by a good amount.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Has anybody got a link to any sellers with vintage stock ?
    cheers

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43