Code of Conduct

Thread: Eau Divine

Default Eau Divine

Well well, look what the mail brought this morning, it's the latest scent from Divine (L'homme Sage, L'homme de Coeur), simply named 'Eau Divine'.

It's their 9th scent and it's also the first 'unisex' (although it comes in different bottles for men and women)

From the write up: "Crystalline, the first notes emerge : from the top, eau divine combines the green coolness of Italian citrus with the sparkle of spices : star anise, rose hip, ginger and nutmeg.
    The heart of the pyramid is more tender. Orange flower and sweet violet prolong the pure energy of the first moments for a while but then delicately induce the subtle opening of deep notes.
    White amber, hot musk and labdanum only then reveal their lingering and generous sensuality."

Nice pyramid, I must say. Shame they never send samples (well, they do actually, but you have to request them first), just those little scented cards, so I can't really tell at this point if it's gonna be good, or just okay...

Last edited by Domingo; 25th November 2009 at 10:38 AM.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Thumbs up Re: Eau Divine

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    Well well, look what the mail brought this morning, it's the latest scent from Divine (L'homme Sage, L'homme de Coeur), simply named 'Eau Divine'.

It's their 9th scent and it's also the first 'unisex' (although it comes in different bottles for men and women)

From the write up: "Crystalline, the first notes emerge : from the top, eau divine combines the green coolness of Italian citrus with the sparkle of spices : star anise, rose hip, ginger and nutmeg.
    The heart of the pyramid is more tender. Orange flower and sweet violet prolong the pure energy of the first moments for a while but then delicately induce the subtle opening of deep notes.
    White amber, hot musk and labdanum only then reveal their lingering and generous sensuality."

Nice pyramid, I must say. Shame they never send samples (well, they do actually, but you have to request them first), just those little scented cards, so I can't really tell at this point if it's gonna be good, or just okay...

Same here !!!
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Eau Divine

Received mine as well. The fragrance is perfectly noticable. Unfortunately not my cup of tea, but that 150ml L'Homme Sage bottle would be one of the greatest presents for myself I can think of at the moment. That one is absolutely amazing!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I got my card last Saturday. I wonder if it's the women's version that is sprayed on the card?
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I got my card last Saturday. I wonder if it's the women's version that is sprayed on the card?
    There is no women's version, it's simply unisex.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    There is no women's version, it's simply unisex.
    Thanks for that. I just re-read the order form and it looks as if they have done an Annick Goutal and packed in 2 different types of bottle, one for women and one for men. When I first read it, I only noticed the 2 separate listings, one for me and one for women, now I see it says flacons.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Thanks for that. I just re-read the order form and it looks as if they have done an Annick Goutal and packed in 2 different types of bottle, one for women and one for men. When I first read it, I only noticed the 2 separate listings, one for me and one for women, now I see it says flacons.
    Oh, I didn't realize you were going by the flacons. I guess there could be room for confusion there. Sorry man.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize you were going by the flacons. I guess there could be room for confusion there. Sorry man.
    Nothing to be sorry for. I should have read it properly the first time.

Roja Dove

I wrote this off as generic and boring when I first got my sample last year. I don't know what drew me to it the other night, but man have I made a mistake with this one. It's absolutely beautiful, and far more modern than I had originally pegged it. Sunny, slightly fruity, fresh and up-beat, just my type of fragrance, and something I think more should give a try to.

Love, love, love this house...