Code of Conduct

Default Please explain the difference - Tom Ford Black Orchid - EDT, EDP, Voile de Fleur, etc

I'm looking around to pick up some Tom Ford Black Orchid but there seems to be a number of different versions and I'm finding it all a bit confusing what's what... could you please explain it all to me? (What I thought I wanted was a 1oz of the EdP, but it seems hard to decipher)

There's Black Orchid:
    EdT,
    EdP,
    then Voile de Fleur

There's a:
    1oz,
    1.7oz,
    and 3.4oz?

Thanks
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Please explain the difference - Tom Ford Black Orchid - EDT, EDP, Voile de Fleur,

EdT and EdP refer to the amount of oil in the formula - If I recall correctly, EdTs are 4-8% oil, EdPs are 8-12 (possibly more) % oil. So generally EdPs last longer as they are more concentrated.

1oz., 1.7oz., and 3.4oz are imperial sizings (ounces). 1 oz = 30 mls = ~300 sprays. 1.7oz = 50 mls, 3.4 oz = 100 mls.

The original Black Orchid only comes as an Eau du Parfum (EdP), while Voile de Fleur is a 'lighter' version of the original, and comes as an Eau du Toilette (EdT). They smell different, so dont buy Voil expecting Black Orchid!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Please explain the difference - Tom Ford Black Orchid - EDT, EDP, Voile de Fleur,

As far as I know, Black Orchid only comes in EDP and Parfum - and Black Orchid Voile de Fluer only comes in EDT.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Ha, Anthony, thanks for the info... I'm aware of the difference between things like EDT and EDP... I'm not that new to the game!

What I was referring to was more like what Petruccijc was getting at. Like how do I know which variations come in which forms and is Voile a flanker, updated naming, etc.. ok, thanks, I'll watch out for the VdF EdT's versus original BO EdP's...

The problem I'm still seeing (Ebay) is that there are numerously labeled EdT's that don't have Voile de Fleur written on the bottles...? what could that be? uh, ebay's like a minefield

PS - YOU GET 10 SPRAYS PER ML??? I've gotten more like 6-7 at best, so I double the ml to find how many uses I'll get out of a bottle... although, for EdP's I guess the rate goes up, not hte number of sprays per ml though.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 27th November 2009 at 06:49 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads