Code of Conduct

Default Variations on woods: TL pour Lui, Bogart pour Homme and City Tower

TL Pour Lui: Oriental Woody
    Bogart's City Tower: Woody
    Bogart Pour Homme: Woody Fougere

TL has amberine and fruit-like notes, so it could be a good choice for those looking for sweet scents.

Bogart's Pour Homme and City Tower's share very similar top notes which are clearly woody. Bogart's Pour Homme is a fougere, an attribute than can be traced in its strength and longevity.

Both are sweet, not to the extent of TL. However, in the case of City Tower this sweetnes is attenuated by a smoky spiciness; in the case of Bogart, the sweetness recalls that found in cherry pipe tobacco.

I would regard TL as the gourmand version of the three for the amber gives it a sort of custard-like accord. Add to this those fruit-like notes I mentioned before. Bogart Pour Homme would be the intense version, while City Tower would be the plain EdT. A reviewer mentioned Bogart Pour Homme as generic; as far as I can recall, originality is not one of its strengths (One of the new Armanis comes to mind), however nice I consider it. City Tower does fall into this category.

I forgot to mention TL is licensed by the same company manfacturing Jacques Bogart fragrances, so IMHO, I can't think of these shared attributes as mere coincidence.

EDIT: TL diverges drastically after minutes of application compared to the Bogarts, for the sweetnes almost covers up the woody notes. However, it shares the character found in the rest.
    Last edited by Pollux; 26th November 2009 at 12:45 AM.

Default Re: Variations on woods: TL pour Lui, Bogart pour Homme and City Tower

Great reviews ! muchly appreaciated Pollux
    I have had Bogart PH for some years now & its powerful & as you describe .
    I been thinking of buying City Tower blind & im still thinking i will

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Dimitrios, be aware that City Tower's longevity is short compared to that of Bogart's Pour Homme. Sillage is good, but not that remarkable. PMing you.

Thanks Pollux for your views on City Tower. I can't find a review on this anywhere, and I've been curious about it. I just recently tried the original Bogart (not Bogart PH), which I think is outstanding, so I've recently become interested in this line.

Are you saying that City Tower smells like a run of the mill designer frag?
    Last edited by shamu1; 26th November 2009 at 03:37 PM.

I OWN CITY TOOWER AND FIND IT QUITE INTERESTING,

It is in the new trend on moder sweet woody orientals, but it has some edge to it. I find it quite interesting. The woods are very noticeable. It is kind of incensy but in a generic way, not in the franckincense or churchy way. Lassting power is quite good and sillage moderate.

It is a nice and more interesting alternative to modern woody orientals with a twist by its leathery-musky drydown.

Shamu, my answer would be "yes, no, maybe". Halo said it quite clearly, it is along present day styles, with a twist because of the incense. This is what differentiates it with the actual Bogart pH.
    Last edited by Pollux; 26th November 2009 at 04:30 PM.

City Tower sounds interesting but can't seem to find it online anywhere

Pollux, I am very pleased that you have posted your thoughts here on City Tower and TL pour Lui. Both are rarely mentioned and I have been searching for more info on both. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    ... Thanks.
    No hay por qu! - Meaning, you are welcome.

Yes, they are under the radar, as fellow BNoters say. IMHO, contemporary but worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    City Tower sounds interesting but can't seem to find it online anywhere
    Escentual.com in the UK has it.