Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New Serge Lutens Export Launch (And it's Fresh?)

The blog Grain de Musc, has the news that Serge Lutens next export fragrance will be titled L’Eau Serge Lutens, I know wildly creative isn't he? All credit goes to Grain de Musc:

"Neither fruity Atlas cedar nor spice cocktail. Nary a whiff of incense, civet or indole. Not a smidge of resins or balms.

Clean as a freshly laundered shirt is exactly how Serge Lutens wanted it to be: an “anti-perfume”, as “a reaction to this world which is too perfumed, or better said, embalmed, because this is no longer seduction, it is mummification.”"

The author, has apparently smelled it, and no notes are listed, she finishes the article with the following:

"P.S. I will add this, for those of you who've been cringing at the very notion of clean: this is not, repeat, NOT an aquatic."

I'm a huge SL fan, so I'm excited to try this one as well, but what do you guys think? Sort of going against the grain for Mr. Lutens.

Edit: Forgot the link: http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2009...fume-from.html
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 26th November 2009 at 01:58 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: New Serge Lutens Export Launch (And it's Fresh?)

Interesting.

Serge Lutens going avant-grade...sounds a little like CB I Hate Perfume, Comme des Garcon or S-Perfume. Excited to try this.

About-face!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 26th November 2009 at 02:26 AM.

Is Christopher Sheldrake the nose/engineer/whatever behind this one? Or does nobody know yet?

“a reaction to this world which is too perfumed, or better said, embalmed, because this is no longer seduction, it is mummification.”"

It sounds like he is criticizing even his own previous creations. Yeah, I know it's probably just a marketing strategy, but it's like a "shot in the foot" strategy.

Anyway, the description of the fragrance is interesting and promissing, and yet a little bit reckless. Let's see.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    Is Christopher Sheldrake the nose/engineer/whatever behind this one? Or does nobody know yet?
    Yes if you read the article in the link above, the blogger mentions the new scent has been co-authored with Sheldrake.

I think this sounds like a great idea. There are wonderful, non-derivative, fresh scents out there - there's just so few of them. I think Lutens has a shot at creating one that works, if it doesn't smell simultaneously synthetic.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

I'm glad its not an aquatic and i can't wait to try it
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc

This one is based on the smell permeating his pad in Morocco when he spilled some Tide detergent while hand-washing his Fez hat in the kitchen sink ..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    About-face!
    No doubt, Ruggles

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    This one is based on the smell permeating his pad in Morocco when he spilled some Tide detergent while hand-washing his Fez hat in the kitchen sink ..
    LMAO ...

"...this world which is too perfumed..."

sometimes I feel the same, I don't want to smell anything & I don't want to smell like anything .... intresting,, so when is the launch?

I read in other blogs that this launch means that it could be his last creation...?
    Last edited by tariq; 28th November 2009 at 09:39 PM.

All the press releases about this say it's a 100ml bottle for only 100euros.. I'm guessing this could be eau de toilette or even eau de cologne strength, especially since the description indicates a frag that won't be overly powerful or in your face. Wonder if it'll come in a newly designed bottle?

Guess it is a new(ish) bottle

Sorry to keep posting here, but I just came across a vid featuring Serge on the website for this new frag: http://www.salons-shiseido.fr/leau_serge_lutens/v/

^^ I really like it. Similar to that weird red bottle of mystery liquid they always have at the Shiseido counter.

VERY interesting. Significant enough to warrant it's own bottle?

The picture above is from a lengthy post on The Scented Salamander, here: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds..._film_new.html
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 3rd December 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    About-face!
    haha

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I find it to be very interesting. I once posted here that I would like Lutens to create a classic EDC just because it is a radical departure from the conventional SL style.

But the statement that this is a reaction to this world which is too perfumed, or better said, embalmed, because this is no longer seduction, it is mummification troubles me somewhat. Is it a rejection of his previous work? If not, what does it mean?
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Quote Originally Posted by tariq View Post
    so when is the launch?
    I read somewhere that it will be released in March 2010
    Sales thread here

Question Re: New Serge Lutens Export Launch (And it's Fresh?)

Apologies if this has been answered before, but why does this house demand that sites selling their fragrances (such as Lucky Scent) not allow online ordering?

I've ordered Lutens from Luckyscent before. I think what you're referring to is the Exclusive range of Serge Lutens fragrances which are only sold at the boutique in Paris. I have no idea why this is, other than it seems to generate some excitement and help filter out the best ones that eventually make it to the Export range.

The Perfumed Court offers decants of the Exclusive range, however, if you want to check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Scientist View Post
    Apologies if this has been answered before, but why does this house demand that sites selling their fragrances (such as Lucky Scent) not allow online ordering?
    No idea. You can order from The Perfume House online, if you don't mind paying full price. I'm sure you can find others.

flouris: see here for what NS is talking about. You can't just buy it "online", you must call to order in person, so-to-speak.

Ahh yes.. that's right. I emailed them and they shot right back with the price. I figured companies did that when they wanted to keep their prices from being public or seen by competitors.

I mean, ok, it's good to explore new dimensions (perfumish dimensions that is), and a "clean" will be the absolute antithesis of what Serge meant to do until this very moment...was there really a need for more "clean"? Nope. Not for me. Mainstream is full of "clean".
    I am curious, have to admit it, will wanna try it..but...don't believe I'll be willing to spend 100 bucks on something that just smells like freshly showered. If I buy myself a Serge, I want spices and power.

ps: beautiful bottle, that's true!

IF SL manages to pull off an original fresh like FM's Geranium pour Monsieur I'd be very interested to try it. But ol' Sergie hasn't really rocked my world with his latest creations, and an anti-perfume perfume sounds a lot like he's imitating CB I hate perfume. In addition, the whole "Clean as a freshly laundered shirt is exactly how Serge Lutens wanted it to be: an “anti-perfume”, as “a reaction to this world which is too perfumed, or better said, embalmed, because this is no longer seduction, it is mummification.”" made me doubt this whole thing... We have far too much fragrances that are clean as freshly laundered shirts, Serge!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Wow, keen for this. Clean Serge Lutens... hmm... maybe some iris, some nice smooth (but not too bright) musks, vetiver, ambrette... I'm intrigued. March seems too far away!

I'm not interested in a fresh scent from Serge Lutens. Nice bottle though.

Regards,
    Steve

Basenotes Institution

Perfume Shrine wrote a review of this today, in case you missed it: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...view-draw.html

I also a Basenotes member wore it, on the Female board, in the SOTD thread (yesterday I think)..maybe if she reads this she will post her thoughts and comments on it - or anyone else who has smelled it?

p.s. - I thought it was kind of interesting that they released this one in a different bottle style than the other SL scents. Seems like they're trying to market it differently, for better or worse.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 26th January 2010 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Scientist View Post
    Really? Go to Aedes' website and see for yourself.

Anyway, back to the main issue at hand - oh boy, am I excited to see this! I will need to save some money by March so that I'll be able to pull the trigger on this one.
    Last edited by heythatslife; 26th January 2010 at 03:25 AM.

I spotted a sample spray of this on ebay a bit earlier this evening. Funny coincidence this thread got bumped today, too. I can't wait to try this locally in March.