Code of Conduct

Default Ok guys help me out...Tobacco Vanille or Chergui??? I can't make up my mind!

Alright fellas, ladies, I have Tobacco Vanille and find it a wonderful scent BUT I have been noticing lately that it seems a bit too sweet too wear at times. Just for the first couple hours. Sometimes it's annoying to have to wait for the first hour before it cools down a bit. Great Drydown but quite a linear scent, yes?

I have a sample of Chergui here and loving it. It's quite beautiful and I don't find it as overbearing. It is quite similar but this scent baffles me sometimes. I find it a work of art in which I find something new all the the time with it.

My question is through your experience with both do you find TV to be too sweet sometimes? And How would you compare the two yourselves. Your experience with both. I'm debating whether or not to sell my 55ml of TV or not to pick up Chergui.
    Bois Farine up for Sale! Up for bargaining.

Default Re: Ok guys help me out...Tobacco Vanille or Chergui??? I can't make up my mind!

I tried to get decants of these, but had trouble doing so, and just settled for Escada Collection instead, which is also in the realm of sweet/tobacco type frags. I enjoy it so I figured I should not "push my luck." LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 26th November 2009 at 04:29 AM.

Default Re: Ok guys help me out...Tobacco Vanille or Chergui??? I can't make up my mind!

They're both great scents, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with TV. It may be stronger, sweeter, and more linear, but if it smells great, does it really matter if it's linear? For me, the answer is no. Also, the strength and sweetness can be tempered with a light application. I usually just go with one spray to the chest, and I'm set for the day. That being said, I think they're different enough to warrant having both and hope to add Chergui to my collection sometime in the future.
    "I don't know what the different scents is. I just know what I like." -- Sephora SA

I need to hurry up and sample Chergui, cuz there is waaay too much talk about it on here. TV did not impress me though, so by defualt-Chergui it is.

Everybody say with me, C-H-E-R-G-U-I C-H-E-R-G-U-I C-H-E-R-G-U-I...

You get the idea

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I have a nice decant of TV and love it. I just got Fumerie Turque and love it as well. OK it's Chergui, just to satisfy my constant addiction to getting something new.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post

You get the idea
    I'm with Amit. Chergui - c'est magnifique .
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 26th November 2009 at 07:01 AM.

You get the idea

I dont like either, but Chergui would be a better choice.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I have both Chergui and Tobacco Vanille and it's really hard to make a decision because I think these fragrances are not so similar. For me Chergui is first of all the hay absolute with its very specific oriental touch and just a little of tobacco as the decoration. It's much more sophisticated and it smells a bit different all the time.

Tobacco Vanille is a little bit too sweet and too simple and linear for me, as you already have mentioned. I love to wear a very small drop of it and it suffocates me if I do more. If you really love TV you probably should try Back to Black by Kilian Aphrodisiac by By Kilian - this scent is really similar to TV.

Chergui gets my vote fo' sho'!

Sur la Plage

Tobacco Vanille - without any doubt.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Tobacco Vanille by far.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I own both, but Tobacco Vanille is the winner here. I hardly wear Chergui these days, guess Im bored with it. Lovely bottle though.

I completely understand where you're coming from on the sweetness part as I find this to be the case as well but still own a bottle and would never consider getting rid of it. That being said I think Chergui is an equally as fantastic scent and to me they are world's apart and should not be interchangeable. But, Chergui has quite a bit of sweetness to it as well, so I don't see much sense in selling your TV to get the Chergui. Linear or not, I believe both of these special fragrances deserve an equally special place in your wardrobe!

Oh my long lasting wish Tobacco Vanille without any thoughts

Chergui of course!

I have both and would say... TV. More versatile.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Chergui - without hesitation

poll!

Basenotes Plus

If you love tobacco accords, I'd say go with Tobacco Vanille. Otherwise, it's Chergui by a mile for me.

Have you sprayed Chergui from a full bottle, or just used a sample? If only a sample, you may be getting to the less sweet, spicy drydown extra quickly. To me, the first couple of hours from a full spray are quite thick and sweet. I find it more overpowering than Tobacco Vanille.

It's also odder, more exotic, and more interesting. It's harder to wear, for me. Tobacco Vanille is much safer and more straightforward.

That means that I'd wear Tobacco Vanille more often, but I'd want to own them both. Right now, I own Chergui and Tobacco Vanille is high on my "want" list. I suspect that the reverse would have been more sensible.

i love TV although it is quite strong and pretty fem at times
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

You get the idea
    C-H-E-R-G-U-I!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Chergui's one of the more overrated Lutenses around here. Get TV or perhaps explore the SL line a bit further.