Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 26 November

Good morning!

Feeling cosy and snuggly in Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum

Have a t'riffic Thursday, all!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 26th November 2009 at 04:10 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 26 November

Beyond Love - By Kilian

It's after 12:00 a.m. (US EST) so it's officially Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it !!!!!

I took Wednesday off to shop, clean the house (begone dust bunnies) and prepare. Menu for Turkey Day is as follows:
    Stuffed turkey (but of course)
    Corn
    Roasted cauliflower
    Mashed potatoes
    Brown sugared & baked sweet potatoes and acorn squash (thanks to the final issue of Gourmet magazine)
    Green beans with bacon
    Yellow squash
    Cranberry and orange relish
    Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Sparkling Cider
    Pumpkin pie and Mince pie (my favorite)

A few hours ago, my daughter came home from college (with boyfriend, his ferret, and a new cat.. a princely, 3-year old black and white short hair named Gustav) in tow. Our two cats (Kosmo the Tuxedo cat and Ali the Siamese) were not very impressed with "cousin Gus". In fact, they were quite bent out of shape. So after much consoling and confirmation of supreme position and importance, the house cats are now calm. Gustav ("Gus" to close friends and family), was quarantined to the downstairs bathroom, now known as "the Guest cat room", with litter box, water dish, food, and a cozy bed of blankets in a cardboard box, into which, I should add, he gratefully jumped. A night light, some soft cooing, and a few good scratches behind the ole ears, and he was ready to call it a day.

"K" (beloved daughter) and I retired to the dining room to nibble on goodies and talk The future is open to possibilities. Design is her passion.

Oh yes...SotD and SotE: I wore Ralph Lauren Safari, and I felt like a leading lady. Love this stuff.
    Last edited by pomander; 26th November 2009 at 05:24 AM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 26 November

Happy birthday Mike

Ernest Daltroff 's the eternal and unavoidable

POUR UM HOMME

CARON

Notes of : Lavenders, Vanille, Amber and Musk
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 26th November 2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning all. Today is the last day before deadline on the project I've been nagging on for ages now! We have the discussion part of it left,then we're done....Will spend the day at the library to discuss and write. Sotd is Coco edp.

Or des Indes. Not looking forward to dealing with a work issue. Gah.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Chergui!

Happy birthday Mike!

And Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends. I am more thankful than ever this year for my friends in Basenotes - some of you have pulled my head from where the sun doesn't shine a few times this year and I appreciate your help, support, love and jokes. How did I ever manage without you?

Mwa!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 26th November 2009 at 08:53 AM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

CABOCHARD by Gres

Cristalle Eau de Toilette - Chanel
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Mike !

Coconut- you smell divine.

I just love Gucci by Gucci ... I am wearing it again !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice. Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Birthday Mike!

Last edited by petruccijc; 26th November 2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

CK One Summer 2008

Happy T-Day, sweet minions !
    Gosh, you smell fine !

Pomander-angel, that tale is fantastic !
    I love it.
    You, too ;-)

Goin' for ye old "Entry Gateway Drug " - Mitsouko.
    I need to shake this booty and go make endless crusts...

Turquoisewater- hugs to you, lady.
    Sending warmth out to those who feel the chill- in body /soul.
    Love you.

TO WONDERFUL MIKE P!!!

Spritzed on the remainder of Coty's Sand and Sable - chosen by BlackCat as sample A in our recent 3X3 White Nights Sniff'n'Guess....really pretty.

But THEN - I am going to shower and head out for the big AA T-Bird Dinner hosted by a local group - and for that, nothing will do but the incomparable (vintage)

Nothing says it better! Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Birthday MikeP!!
    Sitting pretty in Cinema (YSL) today.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 26 November

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    TO WONDERFUL MIKE P!!!

Spritzed on the remainder of Coty's Sand and Sable - chosen by BlackCat as sample A in our recent 3X3 White Nights Sniff'n'Guess....really pretty.

But THEN - I am going to shower and head out for the big AA T-Bird Dinner hosted by a local group - and for that, nothing will do but the incomparable (vintage)

Nothing says it better! Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all!

Tao when you wear the MAGNIFICENT and UNIQUE Jean Patou's JOY i can smell, here in Lisbon, this MASTERPICE which is JOY....Enjoy JOY.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Mike's birthday and Thanksgiving ~ these two go together like milk & cookies (or turkey & stuffing, pumpkin pie & whipped cream, mashed potatoes & gravy! )

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Mike!

I'm thankful for friends, real & virtual. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, when we celebrate eachother...and give thanks for every blessing large or small!

With gratitude for the nose of Maurice Roucel, it is my privilege to wear the gorgeous Musc Ravageur which he has given to our fabulous world of fragrance!

Eat * Drink * Be Merry Happy Thanksgiving Day!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 26th November 2009 at 12:26 PM.

Happy birthday, Mike. Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!

Have an exciting morning at the garage for a windshield chip (vulcanization sounds so cool). Think the only scent that would match that occasion is CdG2 since I don't own Garage (haha)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Pomander, these are some well -written kitty tales. Hope, cousin Gus does not exhaust you all and bend you personally out of shape. Write more!

MikieP's Birthday (and my mom's), easy to remember. Happy Day and many fragrant surprises.

The menu at the Wolves' today is: Roast Beast with carrots and celery, Baby Reds, yellow bean casserole with cashews, homemade cranberry-orange-spice relish and a Dutch Apple Pie a la Vanilla Mode. The oven is getting some excercise. First year in my almost 11 years in the USA I am not at work. :bounce:

I am happy and giving thanks for many things -- partnership and friendship mostly.

In Divine L'Inspiratrice.
    Last edited by Twolf; 26th November 2009 at 12:29 PM.

Happy Thanksgiving you sweet people!
    Happy Birthday Mike!!!

Musc Ravageur for me too!
    couldn't resist
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Mike!

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    I'm thankful for friends, real & virtual. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, when we celebrate eachother...and give thanks for every blessing large or small!
    Ubu, I'm with you! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sotd is Creed Royal Delight

Enjoy the day!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!

I'll be wearing either KenzoKi Euphoria Ginger Flower or Le Couvent des Minimes Lemon Verbena later because either one works so well with food, they are simple, fresh and natural, and I'll be around a crowd eating out. We decided to go to a buffet with the tourists today, which is unusual for us, but I'm excited!! Woohoo!

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BASENOTES AND ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE HERE!!! HAVE A GOOD ONE WHEREVER YOU MAY ROAM!!!

Happy birthday Mike!

I am currently wearing vintage Mitsouko parfum. Beautiful beyond words!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

Because I did most of the cooking yesterday, put the turkey into the oven an hour ago, I have some time to relax. On the menu: Turkey seasoned with a spicy maple rub and basted in dark ale, mashed yams with sherry, cornbread stuffing, green beans (plain, for my father), buttermilk biscuits, cranberry sauce, key lime pie, whipped cream, and cherry dark chocolate, chocolate-covered brownie bits.

I am wearing 1804.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning all. Today is the last day before deadline on the project I've been nagging on for ages now! We have the discussion part of it left,then we're done....Will spend the day at the library to discuss and write. Sotd is Coco edp.

I'm joining you in Coco EDP... And I just bought the Emulsion pour le Corps...

Happy Birthday Mike! And Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

Last edited by Asha; 26th November 2009 at 01:58 PM.

Happy b'day Mike!

Cristalle for me today.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Wanted To Add A Little Gourmand Smell Today So I Decided To Wear Above

Happy Birthday Mike

You are all making me feel so hungry! This the first Thanksgiving in several years that Mr Hebe is home, he is normally Stateside for work. Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving, and a Happy Birthday to Mike.

My SOTD will be Timbuktu, once I find 30 seconds to separate myself from dd and the housework.

Happy birthday, mike !!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Birthday Mike!

Bois des Iles parfum

Basenotes Institution

THANK YOU ALL for the birthday/turkey wishes.

Today I'm wearing Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens

Later I'll slip into something equally holiday-cozy - maybe my present I got this morning (Smoked Amber by DS & Durga) and/or AA Winter Delice by Guerlain.

Holiday/birthdays are the best!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Happy Birthday Mike

I was in Bond No.9 Hamptons today.

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Good evening!
    Happy Thanksgiving and happy birthday.
    My scent this evening is Ambre et Vanille from Coudray.

Happy Birthday, Mike!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the USA.

We're having turkey dinner here - just three of us, my husband, my mother, and me.

I started the morning in Parisienne, but I'm not sure what I'll wear later. Right now, I smell like cooking.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Mike!
    Have an elegant time.

I'll be in the truly elegant -
    Fleurs d'oranger
    Notes; jasmine, orange blossom, white musk
    Last edited by kumquat; 26th November 2009 at 04:42 PM.

Happy Birthday, Mike!!! I hope you have an absolutely perfect day and weekend. Happy Mikesgiving heh heh.

Today I'm going to sort of an all day open house Thanksgiving gathering where there will be a lot of desserts. I was trying to choose between PG Aomassai and SL Serge Noire. Well, now it has to be Serge Noire !

Have great day, all.

Chaya - Love to you sveetsie-weetsie!

Up late last night with the ' Thanksgiving-family's home-Christmas-is-a-comin' - energy. So, I slept in this morning and chose Cristalle EDT for SotD and got Ol' Tom into the oven.

The continuing adventure of a house with 2 animal guests.
    Book-a-tee (the ferret) has been here many times before, and our two cats are now, finally used to her (rather, just bear her presence in their Kingdom). As I mentioned in my earlier post, Book-a-tee, daughter, bf and Mr. Gus (a first-time visitor of the black&white cat persuasion) arrived last night. Gus was greeted with much hissing and mEOWowwwing from the High Rulers, who's tails fluffed out to 2-3X the normal size (how do they do that??) rendering them quite racoon-like. Very scary indeed to poor Gus!

Later, I foolishly believed that I'd soothed Gus down for the night with a padded cardboard box, a few coos and some ear scratches. When I came downstairs this morning and crept into the Cat Guest Room/bathroom, he was no where to be seen (tho the door had been closed all night). Trying to think like a cat, I opened the doors of the old closet over the commode. Nestled into the hair dryer and wash cloths on one of the shelves, hid the shell-shocked Gus. Well, to wrap this up...the host cats are still hostile today, with the High Priestess "I-am-Ali-and-I-rule-this-roost" the more horrid of the two. After realizing the barrier was lifted, she launched a fresh attack of Seething Snarls and Hisses (where are her manners!). Following a futile attempt to dissuade Ali from her hissy-fit ways by assuring her she is The Only Cat In the House, Gus had escaped from his spot, and has not been seen since

I'm hoping the aroma of roasting turkey will lure him out later, and mollify the hissers into hosptable hosts. Yeah, I know - not going to happen.

I hope all have a wonderful day. I'll be switching to Timbukto for SotE.

Edit: I almost forgot...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE - enjoy your day !!!

Last edited by pomander; 26th November 2009 at 05:12 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Hm, first perfume fail in a very long time for me today. It's been ages since I wore it but, it would appear I no longer enjoy JM Pomegranate Noir

Scrubbing and turning to my old friend Ivoire de Balmain for it's elegant & comforting beauty

And.....Happy Birthday Mike!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR & WONDERFUL MIKE P!!!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! Pomander, Twolf and all others cooking, YUM!!!!

We are making vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner at my house, to be followed by a more traditional meal for Friday.

Today:
    * Baked brie in puff pastry
    * Moroccan squash soup
    * chilled cauliflower salad with dill
    * lemony lentils with olives
    * Spanikopita (layers of buttered fillo dough interspersed with filling of spinach, feta cheese, egg, oregano and black pepper)
    * roasted root vegetables
    * green salad
    * Pumpkin and chocolate-chunk "shoo fly" pies
    * apple crisp
    * Ice cream

Tomorrow:
    * Matzoh ball soup
    * Same salads as today
    * Fan potatoes
    * Pomegranate glazed turkey
    * spaghetti squash
    * cranberry sage stuffing
    * pumpkin rice pudding
    * chocolate silk pie

It's been a bit of a crazy week for me, even though it's "only" Thursday... I've been spending the whole week playing with samples from Ubu!!! Past three days have been playing with Etat Libre d'Orange:Charogne, Nombril Immense, and my favorite of the bunch, Fat Electrician.

I find that the Nombril Immense starts of "meh" and then grows on me, the Charogne has some note that smells "off" (as in, gag-inducing rotting something) mid-way through each wearing but a completely gorgeous drydown, and the Fat Electrician on me is a thoroughly enjoyable myrrh, ozone, and light (almost anosmic for me) musk (though I know it's really vetiver).

Today I'll join my brother the birthday boy in SL Fille en Aiguilles, and then swap into the cinnamon goodness of DSH Perfumes Sienna for the evening.

Nombril Immense notes: Patchouli, balm of Perou, vetiver, absolute black pepper, opoponax, bergamot, carrot seeds and absolute ambrette seeds.

Charogne notes: Bergamot, pink pepper, leather, ginger, lily, ylang ylang, jasmine, incense, vanilla, ambrette, animalic notes.

Fat Electrician notes: Vetiver, vanilla bean, opoponax and myrrh.

Fille en Aiguilles notes: Pine needles, vetiver, sugary sap, laurel, fir balsam, frankincense, candied fruit and spice.

Sienna notes:Top notes: Cinnamon Leaf, Curry Leaf, Pink Peppercorn. Middle notes: Basmati, Cinnamon Bark, Honey, White Oak. Base notes: Civet, Labdanum, Leather, Peru Balsam, Tolu Balsam.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow US-ers, and Happy Birthday to MikeP!

I love your guest cat stories, Pomander. We're in Portland (Oregon) visiting family. My brother's four cats will be celebrating with us. SotD will be Note Ambree, I think.

P.S. Man, those menus sound wonderful!
    Last edited by Haunani; 26th November 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Happy Birthday Mike!
    I love your birthday presents

I am wearing Fille en Aiguilles for Mike today.

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving
    Evenstar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!!!:bounce::wave:

After reading about what some of you are cooking for today, I can only drop my jaw in amazement -- y'all are some serious chefs!

Want to wear something festive but will have to settle for nice and quiet -- I am eating at my friends' house again and the husband is allergic to perfume. So AL China Pearl it is.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Aomassai for the morning of lounging about, and I'll probably go for 10 Corso Como for dinner at my FILs. Please, oh merciful Goddess, that I don't go after some of the family with a carving knife
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Happy Birthday to Mike! It is a joy when you have a birthday and holiday in one, makes it feel like the whole world is celebrating your birthday.
    Pomander I love the Cat Tales or is that Cat Tails? In any case they put a smile on my face.
    Happy Thanksgiving to our US Basenoters.
    It has been a lazy day at Stately Somerville Manor and there is no cooking here. We are heading out to a movie followed by dinner at a restaurant in town.
    For our evening out I am wearing:

Bond No. 9 New Haarlem

Once the gourmand field became as popular as it has become the search was on for a gourmand fragrance that would exude a sense of sophistication to go along with its mouth-watering notes. In 2003, Maurice Roucel achieved this feat with the creation of New Haarlem for Bond No. 9.

Many gourmands make the error of amping up the food note, usually coffee or chocolate, to levels that make it hard for anything else to compete. In New Haarlem M. Roucel keeps the coffee note front and center but it is kept in balance at all times and in the prescient choices of notes to go with it, has created one of the finest gourmand coffee scents available.

The top of New Haarlem begins with the coffee note but there is a beautiful light fleeting movement of green notes that also appear right at the beginning. This passes quickly and cedar adds clean lines to the rich coffee and this is also complemented with an earthy feel of patchouli. I know that your thinking you've had this kind of woody coffee patchouli mix before, most notably in A*Men. This mix is entirely different as, in this case, the coffee is more pronounced and the cedar is almost used as a framing boundary in which the patchouli is allowed to add an herbal counterpoint. The base of New Haarlem simmers with amber and vanilla and it almost feels like a rich hazelnut coffee has been served and placed in a cup on my skin.

New Haarlem has above average longevity and above average sillage, although not as much as A*Men in either category.

If you are a lover of A*Men or are just looking for a coffee fragrance I think New Haarlem is the best cup available in town.

Have a Turkey Thursday everyone,
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Went to the shops today and doused myself in a new love, l'Eau Ambree. Good thing I did, too, because I just spoke to my brother (our relationship's been quite rocky these past few months), and for the first time ever, he won't be spending Christmas with us. I'm so sad. Oh well, I have to move forward.....
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Hey Lovethescents, sorry about your bro', as you know...

Was wearing JM Vanilla & Anise to go shopping with my "mother-out-of-law" - her phrase, not mine! She was scent twins with a few folk in Coco EDP!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it. I have just bunged a bit of frozen fish in the oven.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE P!!
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 26th November 2009 at 08:08 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Mike P!!!!
    And Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrants! We're having a week long "slumber" party with my sister, neice & a good friend. Having lots,& lots of fun.

Wearing Andy Tauer's Incense Extreme
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy birthday, Mike!

COM DIVA = I will now stalk you until one day you invite me to one of your veggie Thanksgiving dinners! WOW!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating!

My SotD is an accidental dousing in straight-up styrax resinoid. Got it in my hair and on my fingers. Both will probably give of whiffs of this sultry, ambery note well into tomorrow. I've washed my hands probably 15 times since getting them stuck into the ooze and the scent is still pretty strong. LOL. At least it was something nice. That'll teach me about being lazy with gloves.

Basenotes Institution

A big big happy birthday to Mike P ! *HUGS and STUFF!*
    Have a wonderful year ahead and thinking of you !

To Mike P for his birthday , to all my Basenotes friends , Happy Thanksgiving. I am away but my heart is at home .

Gucci by Gucci today .

happy is the bleu heart<3

Whewww ... I have a few minutes to relax and recover from Thanksgiving festivities. I'm wearing Eau des Merveilles today.

happy birthday Mike and happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

ComDiva...your menus are tantalizing. I hope you enjoy your celebrations !! BTW - thanks for turning me onto Safari...I fell for this one thanks to your generous sample, and found a bottle at Marshalls so grabbed it up!

SSM - Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs. SSM - a movie and dinner out sounds great. And no messy clean-up!

Today for Thanksgiving, I wore the lovely Anne Pliska to my sister's house for dinner. She loved it so much I had to give her my decant carried in my purse!! Of course, she cooked dinner, so she earned it!

Dear BNers! Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it! Mysticknot - did you have a little opportunity to celebrate T-day, even if many miles away? Haunani - hope you and your family had a nice time together! Beachroses - love your knack for layering (hope you had a fun night out, too!) I love reading about everyone's plans and menus (some of you have amazing menus, btw!)

Had a lovely little celebration at our home - just me, DH, little one (DD or MiniDrop, as some have named her), my mom and grandmother...and my stepson came by for a little dessert .. and also to introduce us to his new GF! (Nice young woman, but I think she was a little nervous)

Overall a nice day with way too much food...I think I need a nap...

SOTD was Coco in parfum...happy celebration scent that DH likes on me. Love its floral plus vanilla plus a little bit of zing. I wonder if it's this "cascarilla"? Hm. BN directory lists only 2 other fragrances that hold this note...I thought I caught a little patch too, but BN's listing does not include it. Hmmmm

Do scents "hold" notes or am I mixing perfume and music...or is the big T-day dinner taking hold and making me sleepy and somewhat dopey (or dopey-er)?

Love to all...

Coco EDP (Chanel)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Jicky Edc all day today. gobblegobble

Happy Birthday Mike!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

RainDropSparkle...yes, I ate a lot of good food and celebrated in my own little way.

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating . Today I wore RL Safari for daytime and evening is Gres Cabaret.

I wore Angel Men Pure Malt.
    Last edited by hammersj; 27th November 2009 at 04:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday Mike!

Why was that one poor man swimming in his jeans? That must be uncomfortable.

I'm away from home up in the wine country, typing away on my parents' computer. Thanksgiving was delicious here, but there were only four of us, so nothing too crazy.

I'm wearing the last of my Linari samples, Vista Sul Mare.

Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??