Code of Conduct

Default Basenoters meetup in London next Friday (4th Dec) Plus three course lunch

It is time to deck our necks with something warming and spicy and leave our olfactory wishlist in the eyeline of willing, generous relatives. To celebrate the festivities Basenotes is having another get together. As mentioned in our recent newsletters we will be getting into the spirit of the season with some sniffing and sharing over lunch and visiting some of our favourite establishments whilst meeting new friends in the industry never before involved in a Basenotes event.

The full itinerary will be published next week and we are as excited as ever by the unique opportunity that these events present us with to learn more about the brands and be privy to secret preview sniffs. Penhaligons and Ormonde Jayne are welcoming us back to their beautiful stores in London's Covent Garden and Old Bond Street respectively. To visit these places in the midst of the midwinter glow is a sight to behold even before crossing the threshold into the glorious dens of delight that are home to these very different but equally English perfume houses.

A new collaboration this year brings a stimulating talk from Ronny Geller who has founded an e-store dedicated to niche fragrances from houses such as Tauer Perfumes, Hilde Solioni, and I Profumi di Firenze. Ronny will be talking to us about her business and allowing us to smell some of these fascinating fragrances.

We will be returning to The Cavendish Hotel on Jermyn Street where we enjoyed a fabulously luxuriant afternoon tea in August. This time however it is the holiday season and the hot weather is no longer at hand to force us into light meals. The frosty London air will send us hungrily indoors for a celebration banquet which, uniquely at this time of year, offers outstanding quality and superior value for money. The Basenotes Holiday Lunch ticket price includes a three course meal followed by mince pies and coffee, with us all seated around the same table to enjoy a real sense of occasion together.

THE MENU

Starters

Home made soup of the day

Devonshire Goats Cheese & vegetable tart with herb dressing (v)

Scottish venison terrine with home made piccalilli and watercress

Dorset crab cakes, battered tiger prawn and saffron mayonnaise

Main Course

Roast free range Devonshire turkey roulade & trimmings, with roast potatoes, Brussel sprout
    leaves, carrots & parsnips and a cranberry sauce

Roast Irish sirloin of beef with braised ox cheeks, mushroom & potato cake
    and a smoked horseradish sauce

Scottish salmon fillet with prawn mousse, wrapped in filo pastry
    with pea mousse, red chicory and a lemon grass dressing

Glazed savoury pancake, spinach & Ricotta cheese, nutmeg sauce (v)

Desserts

Rhubarb trifle topped with toasted almonds

Panettone bread & butter pudding with vanilla custard

Mince meat strudel with a Drambuie & raisin ice cream

Organic cheese selection, quince jelly, savoury crackers

Coffee and mince pies

If this sneak preview has whetted your appetite and you would like to book your ticket now for this very limited event then please click here. As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at events@basenotes.net. We cannot wait to see you in the wintry wonderland that is England's Capital during the festive season.

£45 including three course meal and coffees
    (cost excludes alcoholic drinks)
    Last edited by Grant; 26th November 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Default Re: Basenoters meetup in London next Friday (4th Dec) Plus three course lunch

Sounds absolutely fabulous. Sadly I can't join you all this time.
    Hope you have a super day.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Basenoters meetup in London next Friday (4th Dec) Plus three course lunch

WOW!!!!
    Gee, I wish I could come. I'll check on the cost of plane tickets.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I wish I could. I have to save my money for a holiday in January. Next time I will be there
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Its tempting! Give me a day or two to sort out the logistics!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Its tempting! Give me a day or two to sort out the logistics!
    It'd be good to meet you D

I would love to, but the inlaws are meeting for the first time.
    Regards,
    Jani

"It is easy to find something to die for. What do you have to live for?"
    The First One.

Ahhh, I wish I could, but even the cheapest flight is too expensive...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Look at all that food!

Who says europeans don't eat...
    -

I can't wait! Train tickets are bought and I'm ready to go!

Will go next year, if there's going to be one. My stock portfolio's gone to hell this season...Yikes!

Basenotes Plus

Oh man... I miss London, though maybe not as much in early winter. But I'm booked for a training programme that same week. Anyway, do keep us all posted about the group scent adventures!
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 1st December 2009 at 04:03 PM.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Do we know yet where & when we will be meeting up?

Well, that was a lot of fun!
    Thanks again to Danielle and Grant for organising it.

Can anyone give us a run down of the day and events? Inquiring minds want to live vicariously through you!