Code of Conduct

Default Terre D'Hermes - EDT & Pure Perfume

First of all I apologise if what I am posting has been mentioned before, I realise that TD'H has been discussed to death, however after looking through previous topics I found none that I thought really asked what I want to ask.

I recently ordered what I believed to be a EDT vial of TD'H. I received it today, only to find that I had been sent a perfume instead. I really couldn't complain though of course!

Anyway I've been wearing it the last few hours and I've had to cancel the university reading I was planning to do because I have been so emersed in the smell. It is truly incredible. What excites me more is the fact that a lot of people on here say it gets better after you've worn it a few times, so I can only imagine myself liking it more and more.

The problem - there is no way I could afford a bottle of the perfume. There are no department stores anywhere near where I live that stock TD'H and I found it quite hard to find a reasonably priced sample on the web.

I was wondering that if I order a bottle of the EDT 'blind', is there a chance I will be disappointed when I smell it after having experienced the perfume? Or is it just a matter that the perfume is stronger and purer but that I will enjoy the smell of the EDT as much?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Terre D'Hermes - EDT & Pure Perfume

Quote Originally Posted by RDFCHarry View Post
    First of all I apologise if what I am posting has been mentioned before, I realise that TD'H has been discussed to death, however after looking through previous topics I found none that I thought really asked what I want to ask.

I recently ordered what I believed to be a EDT vial of TD'H. I received it today, only to find that I had been sent a perfume instead. I really couldn't complain though of course!

Anyway I've been wearing it the last few hours and I've had to cancel the university reading I was planning to do because I have been so emersed in the smell. It is truly incredible. What excites me more is the fact that a lot of people on here say it gets better after you've worn it a few times, so I can only imagine myself liking it more and more.

The problem - there is no way I could afford a bottle of the perfume. There are no department stores anywhere near where I live that stock TD'H and I found it quite hard to find a reasonably priced sample on the web.

I was wondering that if I order a bottle of the EDT 'blind', is there a chance I will be disappointed when I smell it after having experienced the perfume? Or is it just a matter that the perfume is stronger and purer but that I will enjoy the smell of the EDT as much?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    No you will be not disappointed. The EDT and PF have the same smell but the concentration of perfume in PF is bigger. They are both amazing !
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes - EDT & Pure Perfume

I got a sample of the EDT then ordered the EDP. You will like both. They are very close to the same in my opinion.
    Trying to make the world a better place, one sniff at a time

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried the pure perfume twice then tried the EDT and I really found it hard to tell the difference,
    they both lasted a long time the Pure perfume that little bit more and kept its notes better, but I
    really could not justify buying the pure perfume over the EDT, In the end I went with the EDT and I'm
    wearing it right now and can not complain at all.

Duke

I prefer the edt on hubby (as does he). Although the perfume is a tad longer lasting, we find it more linear. Longevity is certainly not a problem with the edt, and we both like the bubbly, citrussy top notes at the beginning. Both settle into very much the same scent to our noses.

Post Thanks / Like

No real difference between the two - the only reason I could see for owning the Parfum is if you have dry skin or if generally frags dont last well on you. I find I notice the EdT of Terre d'Hermes 8-10 hours after applying so with a nearly full 100 ml bottle and 5-10 mls remaining of a 50ml theres no point in me owning the parfum!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I seriously doubt that you will be disappointed by the EDT. Only if the minor performance characteristics of the EDP are more important to you than the scent itself, would you care. I'm a TdH fanboy - I own everything but the soap (resisting, resisting, it's Black Friday but I'm resisting...). The only (in)significant difference in scent that I have found is that the EDP has a fresh floral note which emerges slightly during drydown. Yes, I can tell the difference, but it's like debating which of two Tiffany solitaires to buy - from Tiffany. The chance that you will hate the EDT is zero. The chance that you will fall in love with the EDT, but remember the EDP, and someday want both of them? Welcome to Basenotes.

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed a brighter opening in the EdT prolly due to the Pink Peppercorn which is absent in the Parfum but the drydowns are somewhat the same.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Thank you all very much for your replies!

In that case I'll not hesitate to purchase an ETD.