Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Rosewood prominent fragrance?

Here is one for the experts out there. Rosewood and/or Teak prominent woody oriental. I want it! The question is what do you suggest? Civet note needs not apply.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 27th November 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Default Re: Rosewood prominent fragrance?

Im not sure about it being a woody oriental, but Korres do an EDT called RoseWood / Blackcurrant / Cyclamen. I have only smelled this one in passing and its perhaps a little more floral than you might wish for.
    here are the notes:

Head: Rose, Pink Grapefruit, Black Currant
    Heart: Rosewood, Rose, Mint, Freesia, Cyclamen, Lily
    Base: Woods, White flowers

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 27th November 2009 at 03:09 PM.

if you are looking for creamy rosewood then nothin beats Parfumerie Generale's Cadjmere & Guerlain's Samsara parfum

Looking for rosewood in a oriental set up? then it's Lagerfeld's KL Homme, Guerlain habit Rouge EdC

Looking for classy, gothic scents then, Davidoff Zino & Ungaro III (vintage)

For teak, you've got to try Trussardi Inside Man.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Rosewood prominent fragrance?

Dimitri; Something tells me this would be tough to find here in the U.S. Is this a European only distribution? Sounds pretty good but, never heard of it. Then again I am asking for something out of the ordinary am I not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Im not sure about it being a woody oriental, but Korres do an EDT called RoseWood / Blackcurrant / Cyclamen. I have only smelled this one in passing and its perhaps a little more floral than you might wish for.
    here are the notes:

Head: Rose, Pink Grapefruit, Black Currant
    Heart: Rosewood, Rose, Mint, Freesia, Cyclamen, Lily
    Base: Woods, White flowers

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Rosewood prominent fragrance?

Tonyprince; I was looking at that one. Have you tried it? If so, what do you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    For teak, you've got to try Trussardi Inside Man.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Rosewood prominent fragrance?

jenson; Samsara? Well, I have a sample of that. I remember thinking that it is a little weak but, I will try it again. Is there a big difference between the edt and edp as is the case in some of the Guerlains, almost to being two different fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    if you are looking for creamy rosewood then nothin beats Parfumerie Generale's Cadjmere & Guerlain's Samsara parfum

Looking for rosewood in a oriental set up? then it's Lagerfeld's KL Homme, Guerlain habit Rouge EdC

Looking for classy, gothic scents then, Davidoff Zino & Ungaro III (vintage)
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 27th November 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    jenson; Samsara? Well, I have a sample of that. I remember thinking that it is a little weak but, I will try it again. Is there a big difference between the edt and edp as is the case in some of the Guerlains, almost to being to different fragrances?
    im referring to the Parfum version. i could be terribly wrong in my assessment...please feel free to correct me

Hi N_tesla,

I dont seem to see this scent on http://www.korresusa.com but it is available internationally, and relatively inexpensive at about €40 for 100ml. It is quite possible that you could find it through other distribution lines in the USA. Otherwise it can be bought from ausliebezumduft.de and similar sites.
    My big love is for the other Korres release: Saffron / Amber / Agarwood / Cardamom.

Basenotes Plus

Trussardi Inside for Men? Wood, lots of wood. I love it enough to consider a bottle purchase.

Keeping in mind that a rosewood note is quite fleeting, I would suggest Bvlagari Pour Homme, and especially, Bvlgari Pour Homme Aftershave Balm, in which the note is even more prominent. I seem to recall rosewood featured prominently but typically fleetingly in Lez Nez's The Unicorn spell.

Linalool is the key odorant in Rosewood essential oil.

scentemental

I love Villoresi's use of rosewood in Sandalo and Vetiver, the former being an oriental, of course. Worth a try, I'd say.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

Try Palisander (Series 2: Red) by Comme des Garcons
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Carven Homme: prominent notes are rosewood, lavender, spices, and vanilla.

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian. It smells just like my guitar that's made of rosewood.

Villoresi Sandalo is the best I have tried .. others, maybe not prominent, but do feature a noticeable rosewood note:

Kenzo Pour homme...not only is this one of the best marine fragrances around, it also slickly integrates a fine rosewood note in the composition.

Egoiste (reformulated)....the sandalwood has been toned down, but the rosewood has been bumped up.
    -