Code of Conduct

Thread: Fig or Musks?

Default Fig or Musks?

TBS Beleaf and Armani White(Red) She both have a delicious light, musky thing going on, that seems to 'float' about, leaving a trail of subtle white woodiness in their wake. I've read that both contain fig, could this be tantilizing part, or simply the musks?

Both are discontinued now (though ebay is proving to be a good provider, espeically for the latter), and I was hoping to find fragrances that smelled very similar? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by goldiloks; 28th November 2009 at 09:42 PM.

Default Re: Fig or Musks?

Mmm I'm kind of tantalized at the idea of a musk-fig combo, sounds wonderful.

Have you tried Balenciaga Cristobal? It doesn't have musk, but the sandalwood and fig combination is creamy, add some vanilla mmm. I've been thinking about revisiting this one for winter. ( notes: green fig, bergamot, jasmine, blue freesia, sandalwood, & vanilla)

L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier ( fig, fig leaf, milk of almond, sandalwood, & coconut) doesn't have musk, but is sooo creamy and delicious.
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 28th November 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Morning Star

You could create this pretty easily, by layering Diptyque Philosykos with a small amount of Kielh's Original Musk Oil. I was also going to suggest substituting Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi for the Philosykos, but I think the heavy citrus in Fico di Amalfi might clash with the musk too much.

This is a great idea as long as the musk is soft and not animalistic
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    You could create this pretty easily, by layering Diptyque Philosykos with a small amount of Kielh's Original Musk Oil. I was also going to suggest substituting Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi for the Philosykos, but I think the heavy citrus in Fico di Amalfi might clash with the musk too much.
    I have Kiehl's Original Musk (yum!), so I might have to take it with me to the dept store! I'll be sure to try Philosykos when I go. Perhaps a cleaner musk would be better, but I'll certainly try this combo first! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Mmm I'm kind of tantalized at the idea of a musk-fig combo, sounds wonderful.

Have you tried Balenciaga Cristobal? It doesn't have musk, but the sandalwood and fig combination is creamy, add some vanilla mmm. I've been thinking about revisiting this one for winter. ( notes: green fig, bergamot, jasmine, blue freesia, sandalwood, & vanilla)

L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier ( fig, fig leaf, milk of almond, sandalwood, & coconut) doesn't have musk, but is sooo creamy and delicious.
    These sound like delicious reccomendations!

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    You could create this pretty easily, by layering Diptyque Philosykos with a small amount of Kielh's Original Musk Oil.
    Mmm sounds wonderful Astaroth. How would Kiehl's Musk layer with Premier Figuier I wonder? I may try this today

My favourite musk oil for layering is Abdul Kareem Egyptian Musk Oil. Cheap & cheerful