Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: 2009 Pure Malt and Re-released Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post
    I never smelled the original but i bought the "new" one from fragrancenet. not sure if its different but i got

ALOT of berries, and whisky on the top. A bit of the plasticy note but it disappears later. I can smell the original frame and hints of chocolate, and in the end im left with
    chocolate waffer smells on me. hahaha smells nice i think
    Yeah, I get that too. It smells nice, but I would not think it so great as it's portrayed here.

Default Re: Re-Launch of A-Men Pure Malt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    Is Pure Malt suitable for summer and hot weather?
    I think it would be fine if you apply lightly, 2-3 sprays.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I hope I can sell mine for a million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by SJRTX View Post
    How do you read the lot numbers on these? Ive got one bottle I bought from Nordstroms a week ago and one that I just got today from Fragrancenet.

The numbers on the nordstroms bottle are:

And from Fragrancenet its:

I wonder if the one from Fragrancenet is from 2009?
    You are correct. The 903118/09064 is from original 2009 batch, most likely. If you look at the bottom number it denotes the year with the first two digits at the start of it, from what I can tell. i.e.:

10018 -> Denotes 2010

09064 -> Denotes 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Holy crap, this is incredible. The 2009 tester samples i had and have been wearing SUCK compared to the new one i got. The new one smells GORGEOUS. It opens up with a super-sweet boozey note; the sample did too but it was immediately smothered by an obnoxious and noxious plastic note. The new one just gets sweeter, woodier, smokier, and simply a totally different, better, and great fragrance.

I really feel like i just smelled a totally different, better fragrance
    Well, here's some proof there is / could be a difference between the two years. In this case Neurosis happens to like the NEWER ONE BETTER. So hey, cool that worked out for you that way. In my case the difference was a negative one, so with any fragrance personal choice I guess. But interesting we've got a second or third person here saying there IS a difference between last year's bottle and this year's "re-release".

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    Are you serious ? I don't see how 1 year can make a difference in a fragrance since they didnt reformulate.
    If they are indeed making new batches (rather than shipping out old stock, which I doubt) then it could even be the suppliers where they source the raw materials from have changed something. i.e. - Mugler's manufacturer is using the exact same 'formula', machines, and raw materials to produce the fragrance, but the places where the raw materials come from have made a change somewhere.

Probably not the easiest thing for them to figure out should they admit there is a difference, but at the same time if people are buying it up and some like 2010's better than 2009's, Mugler might not care to...

Just another 'limited' aspect of each Limited Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by SJRTX View Post
    I tried to compare my two bottles, but Ive had a couple beers, and while I could have swore the one from Fragrancenet had a more smokey smell, the one from Nordstroms had more pronounced malt/plasticky scent.
    That is EXACTLY my opinion, and why I liked the 2009 better. I even said I think in my longer post about the experience that I felt the new 2010 one was totally MISSING the smokey aspect.

So I can concur on that. The smoky aspect was the main difference for me. SJRTX, maybe try another comparison once all the beers wear off lol and see if you still think the the same thing.
    Last edited by fsface; 25th September 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Anyone else notice a difference in the pure malts ?

my bottle i got from duty free is

Default Pure Malt age group?

I've just received a bottle of PM as a gift but from what I've read the genral consensus seems to be 25(around) and up. I absolutely love the smell but being a senior at hs and attending college part time do you guys think it might be too mature for my age group? I would just like to know your take at PM's age group. Or just age group in general. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Pure Malt age group?

I think 21 and above would be fine. Anyone 20 or younger, it just won't work.

Simply put, don't wear it.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Who cares. If you like it wear it. I'm 22 and I wear it.

Blog Entries

Im 18 and i wear it proudly. If you like it wear it. People told me the same thing about A*Men and im very glad i ignored their advice

I think Pure Malt is one that any age group could wear comfortably. Someone in their late teens could easily pull it off. I say hold on to it. Even if you don't wear it much now, save it for a few years. You'll be glad you did.

BTW, I hope you sensed my sarcasm Wear whatever you want. If it smells too mature and makes you feel uncomfortable, don't wear it!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Thank you everyone for your responses. I think ill just try it out a bit more and if it doesn't work out save it for later. Thanks again

I agree with everyone who says to wear it if you like it; I don't completely understand why certain fragrances are "supposed to" be worn only by people of a certain age. (I don't completely understand supposed gender differences in many fragrances as well, but that might be the subject of another thread.)

Yeah if you don't end up liking it then you could save it for awhile and then sell it. You could make a pretty penny!
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Who is the spokesmodel for Pure Malt? I haven't seen any ads so I am not sure what group it is targeted towards. Most young people are not Scottish Whiskey drinkers so I would guess Pure Malt would not be their thing as much as a Mojito flavor, green tea, or coffee fragrance might be chosen for the young.

I have never understood the idea that fragrances are age specific. Are some fragrances better for younger people?? Of course not. After the bottle is put away and the advertisement with the actors face on it is out of the way all you have left is the fragrance itself. What you like and what makes you feel good is most important. It is true that younger people may have less experience and might be unsure of what to wear and so they just go with brands that are marketed towards their peer group. Advertising is all about owning a piece of your mind and most brands select a "face" for their image campaigns to target a particular age group. But, I recommend to not be controlled by the marketers and make your own creative decisions.

Own yourself and create yourself. Wear what you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Who is the spokesmodel for Pure Malt?
    Some guy resembling Captain Morgan meets Clint Eastwood I suppose.

i'm 17 and a senior in highschool too. I wear pure malt and love it ^ ^ my friends say they wanna eat me so meh

My twin second graders wear it and it's just fine on them. My daughter is the one who gets more enthused about it at the moment. As a scotch lover, I'd have never picked out the ''scotchiness'' in Pure Malt at all. That being said, PM is about as close to the bees knees as a fragrance can get.

Oh....They're 7 and I'm 44 so that spreads the age range around eh?

This was the only Perfume bottle that I purchased and then RETURNED for a refund the next day ( it was the new edition!) Nothing special in Pure malt, smells sweet and has that Mugler touch as usual... I don't find it necessary and I don't really see what all this HYPE is all about! and like someone mentioned already: DO NOT BLIND BUY THIS! Test it before buying and don't try to convince yourself that you like it because of what you read online.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    This was the only Perfume bottle that I purchased and then RETURNED for a refund the next day ( it was the new edition!) Nothing special in Pure malt, smells sweet and has that Mugler touch as usual... I don't find it necessary and I don't really see what all this HYPE is all about! and like someone mentioned already: DO NOT BLIND BUY THIS! Test it before buying and don't try to convince yourself that you like it because of what you read online.
    you're right. I was really expecting this to be a 5/5 for me and when I got it, 3/5. Not my type of frag, i think its too offensive still.

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesD View Post
    I agree with everyone who says to wear it if you like it; I don't completely understand why certain fragrances are "supposed to" be worn only by people of a certain age.
    exactly.

It should be fine for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I have never understood the idea that fragrances are age specific. Are some fragrances better for younger people?? Of course not.
    Well, it´s hard to say - I can´t imagine a young guy in his teens wearing Aramis - this would probably make me laugh (not in a bad manner)
    I´d say there are some fragrances that are better for younger crowd and there are other, more suitable for more mature men.

Anyway I agree with the statement "Wear it if you like it" and forget about what other people think about it. If they don´t like it, it´s their problem, not yours.....

Changing the subject a bit; how many sparys and where?

yup, compared my two. One old from fragrancenet and the other purchased new from Nordstroms yesterday. The old one is certainly smoother and seems a bit "deeper" overall. However, this only lasts during the opening, once they dry down the scent is identical. The only thing I noticed and cannot be sure of this because I may not have applied the same amount of both during my side by side comparison, is that the old version seemed to be stronger on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Changing the subject a bit; how many sparys and where?
    one on the neck, one on the arm and dab

I got my first whiff of Pure Malt today at Nordstrom's and I'm pleasantly surprised I like it. It still has that Mugler twangy note in it I find in A*Men but in PM it's wrapped in a more pleasant package. I can't stand that note in A*Men but in PM it's something that I can not only 'bear' but enjoy. I think I just might be acquiring a bottle of this. I'll have to swing by and give myself a good full wearing off the tester before I do.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I got my first whiff of Pure Malt today at Nordstrom's and I'm pleasantly surprised I like it. It still has that Mugler twangy note in it I find in A*Men but in PM it's wrapped in a more pleasant package. I can't stand that note in A*Men but in PM it's something that I can not only 'bear' but enjoy. I think I just might be acquiring a bottle of this. I'll have to swing by and give myself a good full wearing off the tester before I do.
    Hey P,
    Did you get your bottle of Pure Malt yet?
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer