Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: Pure Malt available 8/29??

Ahem, I like the rubber associated on the bottle. All other colognes are just glass and atomizer. The rubber on PM makes it feel unique and kind of comfy, if I may use that term. So to each his own.

First, again, they did not just launch this on the French site, it's been there all along, I tried ordering it a few weeks ago, but got nowhere because they wouldn't ship to the US. Second, a thought I had, they may have gotten lots of angry letters from their circle members, because they did not send out any type of email to circle members (I am one) announcing the re-release. They bill the circle as being given first access to information on new releases, etc. So some members might've seen the ad today, got pissed, and TM decided to remove it and send a (yet to be sent) email to circle members. I know if I wasn't a basenotes member, but a member of the circle, I'd be kinda pissed if I didn't get an email about it, I don't check their website everyday to se e if there's a new release.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Ahem, I like the rubber associated on the bottle. All other colognes are just glass and atomizer. The rubber on PM makes it feel unique and kind of comfy, if I may use that term. So to each his own.
    +1 also, if you drop them, the rubber can absorb the chock and save the bottle :-)

Luck that you have a bottle. Those of us patiently waiting in earnestness are getting duped by TM. They made a pretty big claim and now zilch. I wager though it'll be ready by tomorrow.
    Right. And somehow they'll be out of stock again before I can order, I'll bet. Screw TM. I've sent them 2 angry emails, like that matters.

I'm out guys. Time for another Sailor Jerry's Rum mixed with a fine vintage of Pepsi. When they do release it form up and flank the flanker, take no prisoners, and hold up a flag and F her for the glory! Peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    First, again, they did not just launch this on the French site, it's been there all along, I tried ordering it a few weeks ago, but got nowhere because they wouldn't ship to the US. Second, a thought I had, they may have gotten lots of angry letters from their circle members, because they did not send out any type of email to circle members (I am one) announcing the re-release. They bill the circle as being given first access to information on new releases, etc. So some members might've seen the ad today, got pissed, and TM decided to remove it and send a (yet to be sent) email to circle members. I know if I wasn't a basenotes member, but a member of the circle, I'd be kinda pissed if I didn't get an email about it, I don't check their website everyday to se e if there's a new release.
    Odd you mentioned this actually. I was kind of wondering why I received no report of this. Even funnier though is that the web site rep personally emailed me at like 7 or so and said to get online quick as it should be launching in half an hours time. All kinds of weird.

This is a possibility but there are far more people who are not a part of the circle than who are, so advertising it up until an hour before the release and then having no word about it isn't exactly a happy solution. Either way, it's looks like nobody is getting it today, neither Circle nor non-Circle members, so TM has succeeded in pissing off everyone who was interested in purchasing this product, not just a small minority of it

That's a good point Fitch and I didn't receive my letter either. Circle members should always be given early access and this whole thing could have been a test to see if their website can handle the traffic when it does get released.

I think everyone should just call their customer service line tomorrow and rage statements of inferno that they made us wait for hours on our PCs and so in order to compensate for our loss time, they must reduce the price from the original one.

I think everyone should just call their customer service line tomorrow and rage statements of inferno that they made us wait for hours on our PCs and so in order to compensate for our loss time, they must reduce the price from the original one.
    As much as I'm not usually for this type of extremity, they have made myself and others waste a LOT of time today.

didn't expect such unprofessional behavior from TM thought theyr professional company and care about their customers and listen to them

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Thread delivers...
    Best post award!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    This is a possibility but there are far more people who are not a part of the circle than who are, so advertising it up until an hour before the release and then having no word about it isn't exactly a happy solution. Either way, it's looks like nobody is getting it today, neither Circle nor non-Circle members, so TM has succeeded in pissing off everyone who was interested in purchasing this product, not just a small minority of it
    Yeah, I'm certainly not saying the solution they came to was a good one. This whole re-release seems like it was very hastily thrown together, with ominous and erratic twitter postings on a twitter account TM doesn't link to (their emails and facebook link to @thierry_mugler), lack of communication with their "most valued" customers, and images on a homepage that disappear. I wouldn't be shocked if they had a problem with stock of the PM bottles or something like that.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

They won't lower the price, it's an unreasonable request. Though it definitely is pretty bad business to advertise a release of something at a specific time, then not do it. Might be a good idea of them to offer an extra sample or two of some of their products as an acknowledgement of their mistake, or offer free shipping, if they weren't going to already.
    Splits!

Dang I even had the Toon World contact me to voice their concerns. Looks like we ain't alone!

Mugler's joke has lost it's appeal. Time to go eat.

My bottle is up for sale right now as we speak!

Seconded. 8pm EST is 12 noon in New Zealand. I've been waiting since 11.30am til now, 3pm so I'm gonna get lunch, then come back to find it's been sold out in the five minutes it took me to get food :/

So much hype for nothing.
    Last edited by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer; 30th August 2011 at 03:06 AM. Reason: error

Wasted morning.

When my friend asked me what I was doing and I told him, he just sent me this;

I still can't believe they backed out. I for one am outraged by this.

I think they should consider a name change for this frag. from Pure Malt to Pure Pandemonium...

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    I think they should consider a name change for this frag. from Pure Malt to Pure Pandemonium...
    Or maybe Pure Carrotonastick.

I'm wanting to pick up a backup of this...hopefully they follow through soon...

They won't lower the price, it's an unreasonable request. Though it definitely is pretty bad business to advertise a release of something at a specific time, then not do it. Might be a good idea of them to offer an extra sample or two of some of their products as an acknowledgement of their mistake, or offer free shipping, if they weren't going to already.
    We would hope that Thierry Mugler come out with an apology and a good explanation why they did not keep their promise but that's a lot to expect out of them. Let's hope they try to release the products as soon as possible.

I sincerely hope that this was just an internal miscommunication on when they are actually going to re-release this and this wasn't a deliberate and calculated move to whip fans of this fragrance into a frenzy and try to create more buzz. It's bad enough it's not a permanent addition to the line given its popularity, but for a company to advertise something on it's main page and then take it down moments before it's set to be released is unprofessional at best. Frankly there are better ways of advertising that don't involve pissing off your entire client base and wasting half of their day.

Flanker hell. Mugler should have cared more for the original instead of watering it down.

I sincerely hope that this was just an internal miscommunication on when they are actually going to re-release this and this wasn't a deliberate and calculated move to whip fans of this fragrance into a frenzy and try to create more buzz. It's bad enough it's not a permanent addition to the line given its popularity, but for a company to advertise something on it's main page and then take it down moments before it's set to be released is unprofessional at best. Frankly there are better ways of advertising that don't involve pissing off your entire client base and wasting half of their day.
    Thank you. Their ad was very misleading.

Seriously though, SOME kind of reimbursement in any dimension MUST be afforded after a day's waste. Inexcusable!

So, was it available or NOT? Could it be a stunt to drive the demand for PM to epic proportions????

Can someone please PM me the best number to reach customer service? Will definitely be giving them a call first thing in the morning and will report back any new information I hear

Edit: Nevermind, found it

Quote Originally Posted by dominifly View Post
    +1 also, if you drop them, the rubber can absorb the chock and save the bottle :-)
    Just tried this and my bottle of Pure Malt smashed and leaked all over my floor. Dam, I'm so gullible sometimes...
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Can someone please PM me the best number to reach customer service? Will definitely be giving them a call first thing in the morning and will report back any new information I hear
    Try your luck with them:

Thierry Mugler Parfum Consumer
    Relations Department 877-843-7968
    Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm (EST time)

Just google "Thierry Mugler contact number" and you'll find it. You will most likely reach their voicemail as they never answer the phone "Hello! You've reached Thierry Mugler. We either stepped away from the desk".. etc., or some dude named Jason will pick it up (who wasn't very helpful and had a disinterested voice).

Fail.

Seriously though, SOME kind of reimbursement in any dimension MUST be afforded after a day's waste. Inexcusable!
    Not happening and really, get over it. They didn't waste a day. Free shipping or some samples are more than sufficient.
    Splits!

Just google "Thierry Mugler contact number" and you'll find it. You will most likely reach their voicemail as they never answer the phone "Hello! You've reached Thierry Mugler. We either stepped away from the desk".. etc., or some dude named Jason will pick it up (who wasn't very helpful and had a disinterested voice).

Fail.
    What else would you expect from a company that fails to deliver on a product they advertised

Pure Malt, Pure Malt, you are not for me
    Late nights, bleary eyes, endless anxiety
    Wonky sprayer, rubber flask, what is up with that?
    Pure Malt? No way. I'd rather buy a cat!
    Last edited by morrison74; 30th August 2011 at 09:36 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Not happening and really, get over it. They didn't waste a day. Free shipping or some samples are more than sufficient.
    I couldn't agree more fitch256.

I intended to buy a bottle of PM, but I'm not exactly upset it didn't go on sale tonight. I'm a patient guy, and I imagine PM will surface again eventually. TM knows they are sitting on a gold mine, and it can't be that hard for them to whip up a few vats of this stuff and put it up for sale. Bizarre that their website essentially went dark about the product just prior to scheduled launch, but I suspect a technical glitch is to blame rather than perfidy.

One of their reps told me that they were having computer and technical problems earlier in the day which forced them to push the time back to 8PM. It's possible that the glitches persisted longer than that, so you have a valid point.

Yeah, I really can't see any reason why the would pull the plug on the sale other than for tech reasons. Frustrating for people who were keen to buy it straight away (and I was certainly online right at 8), hopefully something they can easily fix.

I am, however, still mystified why they didn't do a better job (or really, any job) of advertising this in advance. Someone earlier mentioned that there weren't even emails sent out to people in the Mugler circle club. For such an anticipated product, they sure did a poor job of getting word out to their target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I am, however, still mystified why they didn't do a better job (or really, any job) of advertising this in advance. Someone earlier mentioned that there weren't even emails sent out to people in the Mugler circle club. For such an anticipated product, they sure did a poor job of getting word out to their target audience.
    Yes, especially considering they had "limited supplies" and it would only be available for 24 hours, you'd think they'd spread the word far and wide so everyone who was interested in buying a bottle would have a fair opportunity. Am curious as to how they handle selling PM moving forward, but this was a major blunder any way you look at it though

The more I think about it though, I'm far less upset that they didn't offer it today as advertised, but much more irritated by the fact that they took the ad down around 7pm EST and did not put any notice up in its place as to what was going on and whether they would be offering PM at any point today. As soon as 8:15pm EST and beyond rolled around, some sort of notice should have gone up anywhere on the website as simple as "Unfortunately due to technical issues with our website, we will not be able to offer Pure Malt for sale today as advertised. Please stay tuned for an announcement as to when we will be able to offer this product". Even if that wasn't the case, all of us I think would have been understanding and just waited for a future message. I'm sure those of us who rearranged our days to be at the computer at 8pm and then sat there reloading the website well, well after that time with no idea what was going on - worried we would miss out on this 24 hour sale - would've appreciated that.

^Yes, at least a caveat would have sufficed. Well said. They truly could have done that. They chose not to do that. Slightly unprofessional.

It's up for sale on the site, bitches!

Enjoy
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Where? Unless it sold out in 12 minutes I don't see that as having happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Where? Unless it sold out in 12 minutes I don't see that as having happened.
    Search the boutique for "malt," Broseph. Then the secrets of the Maltocalypse will be made plain to your eyes.

I'm dead serous; I'm not trolling (this time.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

Alright, just popped up RIGHT NOW. The site is crashing or lagging out because I'm buying 500 bottles though.

Been waiting about a minute and a half now for the payment screen to load. They need to get their servers in order.

It worked 30 minutes ago, too. The website is complete crap right now, yeah, but I did have a little more luck with it in Internet Explorer.

yup ppl its available on the site now

The payment screen just crashed on me. Their server must be rubbish. All I have to do is just pay for them, but that's the thing they just can't load.

Yeah, I got hit with three authorizations and only one confirmed order. It's horrible.

How long did it take for you?

Worked for me, just ordered 3, didn't experience any issues

Fumbling around that website probably took me 15 minutes in all. Ridonkulous. You getting that "??payment_error_99??" or whatever it is?

arg... so frustrating seeing it for sale in france and america but living out of reach in the UK lol... like dangling a carrot in front of a hungry donkey. TM so cruel

enjoy all

I keep getting an "invalid data" error when it comes to filling in my credit card data. And I swear I'm typing in everything correctly. I know the card works too because I just bought something else with it 20 minutes ago. This site's messed.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi