Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: Pure Malt

I've noticed some bottles surfacing on ebay for slightly cheaper than usual. Even Pure Coffee bottles have been selling for fairly reasonable prices lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I've noticed some bottles surfacing on ebay for slightly cheaper than usual. Even Pure Coffee bottles have been selling for fairly reasonable prices lately.
    I noticed that too. Maybe people who got burned by the release decided to call it quits on the Amen Pure series.

Can any previous owners who did receive their new bottle compare them? Is it basically the same scent or is this batch worse/better than the first?

Basenotes Member

Really? I just did a quick search for Pure Malt on Ebay, and nearly all Buy it Now prices are 130-150. Even the one that folks are bidding on is at 100 dollars, and will certainly go up as the end of the auction nears. How much were they charging before for a bottle if this is cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gray View Post
    Really? I just did a quick search for Pure Malt on Ebay, and nearly all Buy it Now prices are 130-150. Even the one that folks are bidding on is at 100 dollars, and will certainly go up as the end of the auction nears. How much were they charging before for a bottle if this is cheaper?
    Yeah, I'm not seeing these low prices either. The lowest price full unused bottle goes for over $100 and it's an auction that likely will spike at the end like most do. The only "low" price of Pure Coffee I see is a 75% full bottle without box with a starting bid of $89 and buy it now of nearly $200. The lowest I've seen PC lately for a new and unused bottle is $175 or so. And with that, you have no idea how old the bottle is or if it was ever stored improperly.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Saw a few PM's go for 110 ish which is lower than usual. Also saw a PC go for around $120. Still expensive, but less than the recent stampede.

On a related note, I'm wearing the new flanker right now. I know some of you have written it off, but don't. I'll be posting a quick review of it later tonight in the "new flanker available in Canada" thread once it dries down fully. I think I'm a fan.

On a related note, I'm wearing the new flanker right now. I know some of you have written it off, but don't. I'll be posting a quick review of it later tonight in the "new flanker available in Canada" thread once it dries down fully. I think I'm a fan.
    Combining food scents and A*MEN or any other TM fragrances is silly. I ain't buying that sh*t from them f*ck that.

Saw a few PM's go for 110 ish which is lower than usual. Also saw a PC go for around $120. Still expensive, but less than the recent stampede.
    Those are exceptions I would say. The most recent bottle of Pure Coffee I had on my watch list just for curiosities sake sold for over $200 today. The norm for both is something around;

PM - $150
    PC - $200+

Based on what I've seen at least. Let us know about the new flanker though. I'm curious about how this one will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Combining food scents and A*MEN or any other TM fragrances is silly. I ain't buying that sh*t from them f*ck that.
    Why? Most of the notes already in A*men are foods. I'll agree adding chili paste seems a bit odd, but I fail to see your reasoning behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Why? Most of the notes already in A*men are foods. I'll agree adding chili paste seems a bit odd, but I fail to see your reasoning behind this.
    I think his feeling were hurt because they refunded his purchase of PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I think his feeling were hurt because they refunded his purchase of PM.
    I just don't see how chilli paste could fit with A*MEN. Chocolate, vanilla, caramel and then throw in some chilli, it's random and sounds disgusting. I don't want to try that f*ckin limited edition fragrance. I thought Mugler would try to do better. Nope.

just got my pure malt in the mail today sorry to hear some of u guys didn't get it

I just don't see how chilli paste could fit with A*MEN. Chocolate, vanilla, caramel and then throw in some chilli, it's random and sounds disgusting. I don't want to try that f*ckin limited edition fragrance. I thought Mugler would try to do better. Nope.
    Really? Have you never seen chocolate bars with chili? Quite popular and interesting taste.

Quote Originally Posted by 577Nitroexp View Post
    Really? Have you never seen chocolate bars with chili? Quite popular and interesting taste.
    One of my friends had a bunch of chili chocolate at her wedding. Actually pretty good stuff. Mugler didn't invent the idea so it's not "random".

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    One of my friends had a bunch of chili chocolate at her wedding. Actually pretty good stuff. Mugler didn't invent the idea so it's not "random".
    Never tried chili chocolate maybe i'll look for it if im doing grocery shopping.

It's an interesting combination, and I definitely want to try it out. The chili pepper note in Bond's Saks for Him is an interesting one, and gives it a nice kick. That's an incense-based frag though and there are no elements of A*Men in it at all, but it's definitely unique. Hopefully this does go well together and is not some jarbled mess.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Are you finding the coffee note amped up & popping out prominently on this one?

Never tried chili chocolate maybe i'll look for it if im doing grocery shopping.
    When I tried it, it wasn't labeled so I had no idea what it was. I started shoveling it into my mouth and then my throat started burning (I'm a pretty big panzy when it comes to spicey stuff). All my friends at the table thought it was pretty funny. I saw those Lindt bars around in Southern California from time to time when I lived there, so they probably shouldn't be too hard for you to find. Try the pear one too if you happen to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Are you finding the coffee note amped up & popping out prominently on this one?
    Yes and no. Hot peppers / spices are at the forefront of this one for me. You could say the coffee is boosted, because the peppers drown out some of the notes that would compete with coffee in the original. So you could say the coffee is boosted, and it is, but it's by no means the star of the show with this one. I wrote a first impression paragraph in that other thread to the best of my ability, but I'm a semi-novice nose still, so take it with a grain of salt.

Got my bottle of PM today. Felt like a kid on Christmas
    Now wearing it inappropriately to school for the hell of it. It's fucking delicious. My brother really wanted one too but he got his order canceled, unfortunately. PM and PH are my fav frags at the moment, although realistically, I can only see myself wearing PH more often as something befitting for everyday use.

Yes and no. Hot peppers / spices are at the forefront of this one for me. You could say the coffee is boosted, because the peppers drown out some of the notes that would compete with coffee in the original. So you could say the coffee is boosted, and it is, but it's by no means the star of the show with this one. I wrote a first impression paragraph in that other thread to the best of my ability, but I'm a semi-novice nose still, so take it with a grain of salt.
    I take that back, it's my first full wearing on my neck/chest today, and I definitely get a good amount of coffee out of this. A nice coffee/chocolate vs hot peppers.

When I tried it, it wasn't labeled so I had no idea what it was. I started shoveling it into my mouth and then my throat started burning (I'm a pretty big panzy when it comes to spicey stuff). All my friends at the table thought it was pretty funny. I saw those Lindt bars around in Southern California from time to time when I lived there, so they probably shouldn't be too hard for you to find. Try the pear one too if you happen to see it.
    I saw the chilli chocolate when i was at target today, i bought it. i didn't the pear one but i did see this other the had mixed berries.

I saw the chilli chocolate when i was at target today, i bought it.
    What did you think of it?

What did you think of it?
    Pretty good stuff, ill admit that. Still it's not enough to convince me to go out and buy a bottle flanker whenever TM decides to release it in the US.

Pretty good stuff, ill admit that. Still it's not enough to convince me to go out and buy a bottle flanker whenever TM decides to release it in the US.
    I'll agree there. This one I don't have it on the front of my "to try list". I expected Pure Malt to be good, and it was. I expected Pure Havane to be good, and it was. This one though I really don't have any expectations one way or the other. If Mugler did a pear chocolate one though...

(That being said the new DHI doesn't appeal to me either)
    Last edited by Partario; 9th September 2011 at 11:23 AM.

I'll agree there. This one I don't have it on the front of my "to try list". I expected Pure Malt to be good, and it was. I expected Pure Havane to be good, and it was. This one though I really don't have any expectations one way or the other. If Mugler did a pear chocolate one though...

(That being said the new DHI doesn't appeal to me either)
    The new DHI won't have any cocoa/chocolate though, correct?

I think I need to find one of those pear chocolate bars, sounds good to me (but then I have a relentless sweet tooth).

Personally not interested in the new Amen, but if I saw it at a store, I'd try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekisen View Post
    Got my bottle of PM today. Felt like a kid on Christmas
    Now wearing it inappropriately to school for the hell of it.
    There you go - devotion!

Default Ummm, just sprayed my new (8/30 release) bottle of Pure Malt - was this reformulated? or is it my

imagination? I don't smell berries anymore.

Default Re: Ummm, just sprayed my new (8/30 release) bottle of Pure Malt - was this reformulated? or is it m

WTF? Your kidding right?

The berries are the whole point of Pure Malt

Default Re: Ummm, just sprayed my new (8/30 release) bottle of Pure Malt - was this reformulated? or is it m

Might be my imagination, but I'm smelling more berries in the spray from my old bottle and more nuttiness in the spray from my new bottle. The newer one may be more manly but yeah if they reformulated it to take away the berries then that's odd.

Anyone else get their new bottle yet? Everyone should have gotten them by now, no?

Maybe the juice has to be "aged" just like the real thing...

Most likely your nose playing tricks on you.

You know, I waited (more like hoped for) in anticipation for this for at least half a year and now that I have it, I'm not so sure I like it more than Pure Havane... The top notes are so very nice but the heart is really dense. It feels that PH is more well rounded--am I just losing my mind? Ironically, I bought PH in desperation because I previously had missed out on my chance to own PM...
    Time to musk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekisen View Post
    You know, I waited (more like hoped for) in anticipation for this for at least half a year and now that I have it, I'm not so sure I like it more than Pure Havane... The top notes are so very nice but the heart is really dense. It feels that PH is more well rounded--am I just losing my mind? Ironically, I bought PH in desperation because I previously had missed out on my chance to own PM...
    I find PH more wearable than PM. While Malt is a little more original and unique, PH is far more pleasing and versatile of a scent.
    Splits!

Blog Entries

Any news on Pure Coffee? THAT I am excited for

nada. dont you have a bottle?
    Splits!

Blog Entries

Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one for the sake of reselling!

I read a review on another website that said Pure Malt smelled very similar to Givenchy Pi.

Would you agree?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigcream3133 View Post
    I read a review on another website that said Pure Malt smelled very similar to Givenchy Pi.

Would you agree?
    Not at all!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcream3133 View Post

Would you agree?
    No. Stay away from that website.

Wow...what a fragrance. The hype is real with this one, folks. Gave it my first real wearing out on the town with some friends tonight and it was kind of embarrassing because I couldn't stop smelling my own arm.

...and neither could the girls.

It's been said before--I know--but this is absolutely delicious stuff. Great blind-buy for me.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Quote Originally Posted by cjbee View Post
    Wow...what a fragrance. The hype is real with this one, folks. Gave it my first real wearing out on the town with some friends tonight and it was kind of embarrassing because I couldn't stop smelling my own arm.

...and neither could the girls.

It's been said before--I know--but this is absolutely delicious stuff. Great blind-buy for me.
    It is a good one, though a tad bit victim of it's own popularity on these boards. I enjoy it too.

No. Stay away from that website.
    +1, they smell nothing alike.

I was just about to make a post about Pure Malt and say that I noticed it hasn't been talked about in a while. Has the hype finally died?
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Junkie

Everyone knows about it at this point. Same with MR, LIDGE, DHI. Hype moves on the next big things after some time.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I was just about to make a post about Pure Malt and say that I noticed it hasn't been talked about in a while. Has the hype finally died?
    I just think the harder it is to get the less people are going to talk about it.

I want to smell it but not enough to buy a sample so I'll just hope for a re-release.

TM will probably re-release it sometime in the not to distant future, i also agree as the fragrance gets harder to get , the less talk goes on.

I think people are moving on

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    TM will probably re-release it sometime in the not to distant future
    Let's hope so.... blind buy for sure.

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

When Thierry Mugler re-releases their stuff on their website, is it US only?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappa90 View Post
    Yes.
    So if you're in the UK your only option really is Ebay?

Yes, or find a kind American basenoter that is willing to ship a bottle to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Yes, or find a kind American basenoter that is willing to ship a bottle to you.
    Wow. Thierry Mugler's customer service is terrible.

Not sure if this is a EU only relaunch but I'm seeing that Pure Malt has again resurfaced on the Sephora.fr website...hoping this points to a N. American relaunch in the near term but based on prior posts, it sounds lke this can't necessarily be assumed...

http://www.sephora.fr/Parfum/Parfum-...re-Malt/P94912
    Last edited by Nouveau Nez; 29th April 2012 at 01:40 AM.

Just bought a decant. Blind buy. Looking forward to experiencing the hype.

dudee...i so hope they re-release this in USA, my consciousness needs vindication (need to purchase this at retail price)...plus it'd be nice to have backup bottles too (fingers crossed)

How many non-basenoters loved Pure Malt, I wonder? Did it sell well? I guess it's tough to say, cause it wasn't in stores all that long, but I'm curious if it was a hit among the average consumer?

How many non-basenoters loved Pure Malt, I wonder? Did it sell well? I guess it's tough to say, cause it wasn't in stores all that long, but I'm curious if it was a hit among the average consumer?
    interesting question, but it does have a smell that would seem attractive to the masses, all the people around me have gushed over how great it smells so at the very least it probably is very liked by consumers (no controversial notes in it, oud, civet, things of the sort etc.). I just wish Mugler would make the Pures permanent.