Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    You're joking right? A small group of Pure Malt fans wanting it to be re-released does NOT mean it'll be popular by any means. It's still limited edition, I've just got a feeling they had a bunch left over at Thierry Mugler HQ.
    Im actually not joking, im sure they are not re-releasing this for the few people who already have bottles. They are a business, and they are releasing this in the hope that due to its popularity it will sell, not to please the fans who already have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    Im actually not joking, im sure they are not re-releasing this for the few people who already have bottles. They are a business, and they are releasing this in the hope that due to its popularity it will sell, not to please the fans who already have it.
    I guess a better question for me to ask would be how popular is A*Men in your area? Also, is there a Nordstrom in your area as i believe it's only being released there. I probably came off sounding rude and i apologize if i did. I do not think you've got anything to worry about in terms of exclusivity unless A*Men is already popular and there's a Nordstrom around...plus the SA's would probably be instructed to push the hell out of it. The average guy will buy what the SA's are selling, hence why Acqua Di Gio is extremely popular in the states, or why 1 Million is so popular in Europe. Also, television advertising plays a huge role in popularity. For example, i remember there being Acqua Di Gio ads on TV from when i was younger. At the time i never even knew what it was but looking back on it, if i'd seen those ads when i was buying my first cologne, i'm sure i'dve bought it.

Going back to Nordstrom (and directing this question to everyone viewing this), do you think this will be a US only re-release? I know there was an e-mail saying it wouldn't be available in the Netherlands, and i asked where it'd be available in the states was told "Nordstrom stores", but i don't know if that's exclusively there or just where it would be guaranteed to be stocked (Macy's had it at it's original release, correct?) Has anyone asked if it'll be available anywhere else?

Using the new liquor casting technology a new version of Amen and Angel was suppose to be released each year. From my understanding vodka was next on the list for Amen....

Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is an special kit containing amen pure malt, alien liqueur de parfum and angel liquer de parfum. I believe that maybe the relaunch will be only made in this kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Well, there is an special kit containing amen pure malt, alien liqueur de parfum and angel liquer de parfum. I believe that maybe the relaunch will be only made in this kit.
    If you're right, there will be blood! I doubt they'd do that though. I mean they'd sell maybe 5 per store as those kits are NOT cheap. Besides who wants all 3 at once? Not too many people in the general public. If they released Pure Malt by itself however, i think it'd sell pretty well

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that it would sell better too if it was re-released outside the kit, but I don`t know, maybe they inteded to relaunch pure malt just to do this kit.

Post Thanks / Like

You're joking right? A small group of Pure Malt fans wanting it to be re-released does NOT mean it'll be popular by any means. It's still limited edition, I've just got a feeling they had a bunch left over at Thierry Mugler HQ.

I thought you were done after 1 Million. What happened?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I thought you were done after 1 Million. What happened?
    Like all rules there's an exception...and Pure Malt is my exception lol. After that i'm done till Thierry Mugler releases something amazing again

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Nordstrom's here in Tampa over the weekend. They had half a dozen brand new bottles of Pure Malt on the shelf. And it's nowhere near fall down here.

I've never seen it on their shelves in the 6 months I've been visiting the men's fragrance department.
    WTB: EMPTY A*Men Metal Refillable Flask

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Interesting....I know a Norstrom near me has a half empty tester of it (from which i hijacked a sample ) and the SA said she could actually order me a bottle so i'm gunna have to call em up and secretly go down there (my girlfriend would have a heart attack if i spent $70 on "ANOTHER?!" bottle of cologne. DAMNIT WOMAN ITS PURE MALT!)

I don't understand why i see A*men pure mal or coffe bottles in all perfumes shops.. Is this discontinued in particulars contries ?

Post Thanks / Like

Just to re-confirm, I was back at Nordstrom's this afternoon after work because I needed purchase a fragrance for my wife at Sephora. There were 4 bottles of Pure Malt left (down from 6 on Saturday) and a tester on the shelf. According to the SA they've been there about a week. New shipment. He didn't know if this was another limited run or not, just that it had been re-released. He was slammed and having to cover men's furnishings so I didn't have him look up the price for me.

But they are pushing the Bleu de Chanel right now which is good for those of us that want to keep PM as a secret.

The also had the metal flask with AMen which I had never seen there before. I'm going back for that next payday because as you can see in my sig I've been looking for the metal flask for a while. They had a collectors AMen box with a metal flask wrapped in leather, too, which I had also never seen in there.

Is the 'pure malt' anything like the original A*men? I just test run the original today for the first time. The paper sniff had kept me away from trying it for awhile. But I was intrigued enough to give it a go. I kind of liked it at first putting it on, not loved it, although the dry down and lingering scent just nauseated me after awhile. I'm just wondering if I should go out of my way to get a sniff of the pure malt or even the pure coffee if they are too similar to the A*men. If they aren't I'll check 'em out.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I think it's not a re-release but dumping their stock via Nordstrom because this is what the French customer service replied to me:

Bonjour,

Je vous remercie de l'intérêt que vous portez à notre Maison.
    Ce parfum sera disponible tant qu’il y aura encore du stock en parfumerie ou sur notre boutique en ligne.

Sincèrement,

THIERRY MUGLER - AZZARO
    PORSCHE DESIGN – SWAROVSKI

Sophie GOZLAN
    Responsable Relations Clientèle
    TEL : 01 55 62 25 37
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolikul View Post
    Just to re-confirm, I was back at Nordstrom's this afternoon after work because I needed purchase a fragrance for my wife at Sephora. There were 4 bottles of Pure Malt left (down from 6 on Saturday) and a tester on the shelf. According to the SA they've been there about a week. New shipment. He didn't know if this was another limited run or not, just that it had been re-released. He was slammed and having to cover men's furnishings so I didn't have him look up the price for me.

But they are pushing the Bleu de Chanel right now which is good for those of us that want to keep PM as a secret.

The also had the metal flask with AMen which I had never seen there before. I'm going back for that next payday because as you can see in my sig I've been looking for the metal flask for a while. They had a collectors AMen box with a metal flask wrapped in leather, too, which I had also never seen in there.
    Wow if this is the case, I am heading over to Nordstrom tonight. I have to see if they have that flask!
    Working on updating my cologne wardrobe!

Favorite House: Editions de Parfum de Frederick Malle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess I'l have to try that stuff sometime.
    A*Men put me off of it wellenough but all the praise gotta be due to SOMEthing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Called the Nordstrom near me...the person didn't "see it there" but i might go tonight to see for myself. I wish it wasn't 40 minutes away!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Is the 'pure malt' anything like the original A*men? I just test run the original today for the first time. The paper sniff had kept me away from trying it for awhile. But I was intrigued enough to give it a go. I kind of liked it at first putting it on, not loved it, although the dry down and lingering scent just nauseated me after awhile. I'm just wondering if I should go out of my way to get a sniff of the pure malt or even the pure coffee if they are too similar to the A*men. If they aren't I'll check 'em out.
    Pure Malt is similar to AMen IN THE DRYDOWN! Pure Malt has that projecting gourmand scent base just like AMen.

But the opening of Pure Malt is WAY BETTER, in my opinion. It doesn't have that overbearing spicy accord. Pure Malt has a boozy, single malt scotch... well, malty scent I guess you could say. It is far superior to AMen - again just in my opinion.

That's why once I found a bottle of Pure Malt I was very disappointed that it was a limited run at that time. I enjoy it much more than AMen.

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1987 View Post
    Wow if this is the case, I am heading over to Nordstrom tonight. I have to see if they have that flask!
    I'm saying MY Nordstrom's had it. But, that may mean some of the others do too. I'm going back to my silver flask this weekend. That reminds me, I need to call and see if they can hold it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolikul View Post
    I'm saying MY Nordstrom's had it. But, that may mean some of the others do too. I'm going back to my silver flask this weekend. That reminds me, I need to call and see if they can hold it for me.
    Good call... I am going to call and see if they have it at one of the 3 Nordstrom's near me.

Post Thanks / Like

They are holding one for me right now. It's $109.

Having not ever had one of these metal flasks, they say it is refillable. What exactly does that mean? Are there refill bottles or do they pump juice in to the silver one or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No, you buy the refill bottles and put them into the "shell"

My Nordstrom did not have Pure Malt, or the tester they used to have

Post Thanks / Like

Ya checked with all of the Nordstrom's by me... none had it. damn

Post Thanks / Like

Called the Nordstrom near me...the person didn't "see it there" but i might go tonight to see for myself. I wish it wasn't 40 minutes away!
    Slow your roll there Neurosis, it'll be out soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Has anyone asked if it'll be ALL Nordstrom stores or if its just random ones? Basically, whether or not this is a legitimate re-release or an excess stock dumping

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone asked if it'll be ALL Nordstrom stores or if its just random ones? Basically, whether or not this is a legitimate re-release or an excess stock dumping
    That will be a puzzler. Thanks to you Neurosis, I was calling LA Nordstrom stores yesterday. None have it.

Nordstrom seems to the focal point since the rep referenced it in the email to you. But I wonder how the distribution will really work, city-by-city. Here in Los Angeles, I only ever saw the A*Men flankers in Saks. Don't know if it is a Nordstrom exclusive, or if it will vary by market. Maybe she saw your city and knew it would be Nordstrom in your area.

Post Thanks / Like

My personal opinion is that it would be weird if smaller Bay stores in Canada are telling me they are going to have it in stock maybe as early as the fall for it to just be a excess stock dump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    That will be a puzzler. Thanks to you Neurosis, I was calling LA Nordstrom stores yesterday. None have it.

Nordstrom seems to the focal point since the rep referenced it in the email to you. But I wonder how the distribution will really work, city-by-city. Here in Los Angeles, I only ever saw the A*Men flankers in Saks. Don't know if it is a Nordstrom exclusive, or if it will vary by market. Maybe she saw your city and knew it would be Nordstrom in your area.
    Well i actually asked if it'd "be available at a retailer such as Macy's" and she replied that it'll be available at Nordstrom stores. I think what'll really matter is if it'll be available online at Nordstrom, as that would mean anyone on here could order it atleast, and that'd mean it's an actual release instead of Nordstrom becoming Thierry Mugler's version of TJ Maxx...cept the price remains high

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys want me to go buy what's left at my Nordstrom's and ship it to you? I'm half tempted to snatch them up and sell them on ebay.

But if any Basenoter's want me to go pick one up, I'll just sell it at cost plus shipping. I work about 2 miles from the Nordstrom's here in Tampa and I can swing by on any day to pick it up.

I've never offered to do anything like this before and I'm not sure how it works, but I'll be happy to help you guys out.

Just let me know.

Carl

i love pure malt, they had a men as an edp for a sec at the store i hope they release that in stores.

Post Thanks / Like

So Im a new member and Ive just gotten into the fragrance world a Ive missed the pure malt rush but I got a hold of a sampler and I love it. From the posts here it seems like there is a good change of a relaunch, but then limited to a few outlets. Because I live in a fairly rural area I would have to drive 3~4hours to the nearest Nordstorm store. So i was wondering if I would be better off just purchasing a bottle from beautyencounter, as it seems they still have some left for $120? What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's a tough one. I know you can buy from Nordstrom's online but I'm not sure if they will put it on the site, or will only be in store.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

---
    Last edited by petruccijc; 24th August 2010 at 01:59 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilsmellydud View Post
    So Im a new member and Ive just gotten into the fragrance world a Ive missed the pure malt rush but I got a hold of a sampler and I love it. From the posts here it seems like there is a good change of a relaunch, but then limited to a few outlets. Because I live in a fairly rural area I would have to drive 3~4hours to the nearest Nordstorm store. So i was wondering if I would be better off just purchasing a bottle from beautyencounter, as it seems they still have some left for $120? What do you guys think?
    Buy it through Amazon, it is 20 dollars cheaper. here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Thierry-Mugler...2615244&sr=8-1

If you must have it now, and can't wait for the relaunch assuming everything is true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone else checking this thread daily in impatience for more news on this lol?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilsmellydud View Post

Why don't you just call a Nordstrom store (any one) and have it mailed to you??

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else checking this thread daily in impatience for more news on this lol?
    LOL- I am checking to see if you''ve booked a flight to that place in Australia with all the Pure Malt bottles on display.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Why don't you just call a Nordstrom store (any one) and have it mailed to you??
    Yeah I think thats what I will do but assuming there is a relaunch. Thanks for the idea.

Thumbs up Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

Just got a confirmation and pure malt will be released next month of september!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Rock View Post
    Just got a confirmation and pure malt will be released next month of september!!!!
    Do you have any info. on whether it will only be released through nordstorm?

Smile Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

Yes it will be exclusively at Nordstroms stores only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by E-Rock View Post
    Yes it will be exclusively at Nordstroms stores only.
    but once again, the question of ALL Nordstrom stores remains unanswered...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to requalify my previous statements. I have now received 3 different stories from the same Nordstrom's.

First, I was told by an SA that the bottles of Pure Malt (and the silver AMen refillable flask) were part of a re-release. That is what I've reported to you all here.

I went back a few days and spoke to the former men's fragrances manager and she said that the stock they had of Pure Malt was from a Mugler special event held at the store a week or 2 earlier. This particular story, the event having happened, was confirmed by another BN member.

I was back again yesterday to purchase a bottle of Pure Malt for myself as a backup and also a bottle for a BN member. I spoke to the new department manager and he said "I'm told there will NOT be a re-release EVER. I have 3 bottles left right now."

And after I left there was but one. He said a customer had called from California, purchased 3 by phone and had them shipped out.

So... I'm not sure what the heck is going on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well either the costumer service person from TM is messing with us (in that case what a cruel joke) orrrr no one at Nordstrom actually knows lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more inclined to go with the TM service rep than some store manager who gets mixed messages from their higher ups who may or may not know what's really going on since they deal with hundreds of companies, whereas the TM rep deals with one.

Like I told before, there won't be a re-release. It is however possible that some bottles will be in store but that's old stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Like I told before, there won't be a re-release. It is however possible that some bottles will be in store but that's old stock.
    A*MEN Pure Malt will be available in September 2010 at Nordstrom stores.

Kind regards,

Melisa Alexander
    Thierry Mugler | 1 Park Avenue | New York, NY 10016
    1.866.T.MUGLER | Fax: 212.754.0977

is in conflict with what you said... i got that email a week or two ago

The French headquarter told me that it won't be relaunched (If you want I'll translate the email, that I've posted before, tomorrow. I'm on my iPod right now)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    The French headquarter told me that it won't be relaunched (If you want I'll translate the email, that I've posted before, tomorrow. I'm on my iPod right now)
    unfortunately (or non important, depending on whether or not you like Pure Malt) you'd be right about a French release. Another poster asked from the Netherlands i believe and got the same response. I have a feeling it'll be a US release only if it is released at all

Should i wait or buy it online while i can???

Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up guys, i just got a call from our local 'The Bay' store (Canada's department store) and they got in 6 bottles of Pure Malt yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking more and more like they're just getting rid of extra stock to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cornflake View Post
    Just a heads up guys, i just got a call from our local 'The Bay' store (Canada's department store) and they got in 6 bottles of Pure Malt yesterday.
    Jeez, lucky lucky lucky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: just called Nordstrom and they said it'd be being stocked in the next couple of weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: just called Nordstrom and they said it'd be being stocked in the next couple of weeks!
    Pure malt will also be available online just some added info. for those that live in a state that for some odd reason do not have 1 nordstrom store.

I got mine from eBay today and it's legit. The sprayer had a little issue but I think it's because it needed to like click into place or something. Not a huge fan of the rubber flask sprayer. Other than that no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornflake View Post
    hey man i`m interested in getting pure malt which bay store is this at is it in the toronto area can you give me the location by any chance

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone in London UK wants PM, its available in House of Fraser on Oxford Street. Went in there this afternoon and they had 10 boxes on display.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naz82 View Post
    If anyone in London UK wants PM, its available in House of Fraser on Oxford Street. Went in there this afternoon and they had 10 boxes on display.
    How much was it? I looked at my branch on Monday and unfortunately the only new things I saw were Bleu/Bang/Bvlgari Man. In fact I've never even seen Pure Malt in a high street store in the UK

I emailed the Theirry Mugler UK about a PM re-release, but no reply yet.
    Last edited by Smeghead; 1st September 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    How much was it? I looked at my branch on Monday and unfortunately the only new things I saw were Bleu/Bang/Bvlgari Man. In fact I've never even seen Pure Malt in a high street store in the US

I emailed the Theirry Mugler UK about a PM re-release, but no reply yet.
    The price is £45.