Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Malt

Default Re: Official A*Men Pure Malt Re-Release: Fall 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    How much was it? I looked at my branch on Monday and unfortunately the only new things I saw were Bleu/Bang/Bvlgari Man. In fact I've never even seen Pure Malt in a high street store in the US

I emailed the Theirry Mugler UK about a PM re-release, but no reply yet.
    The price is £45.

£45 in house of frasier. I've got like 4 now lol Waiting on pure coffee to come back out hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    £45 in house of frasier. I've got like 4 now lol Waiting on pure coffee to come back out hopefully.
    Are you also based in London? If not then I'm gonna head down to my branch ASAP!

Sorry to double post, but just to bump up the thread and update on my findings, I couldn't see it anywhere here in Nottingham. Tried House of Fraser, Debenhams and John Lewis and nothing. Well, actually, John Lewis could possibly have it in the back somewhere. They didn't have anything out on display, but their little price list did include a "Pure Male" (mistake or intentional, I dunno) under 'limited edition', 100ml for £45. I was so close to asking them if they had it, but I actually ordered a small decant of it earlier this week, and I just knew if I asked them and they had it in stock, I would buy it there and then, which would make the whole "sampling the decant" thing redundant, especially since I wasn't a huge fan of the original A*Men's monstrous sillage and longevity, so I decided to skip it this time. But there is hope.

Just to confirm that it's back on sale here in Glasgow - at House of Fraser.

It's funny...I ALMOST wish that it doesn't stay for that long, and become extremely popular. I like having an extraordinary scent that few people have.

I just purchased a bottle at The Bay here in Canada (Toronto - Queen st location). The SA said it's available across the country. Launched again as a limited edition, and it's flying off their shelves (or so she said).

In any case, big thumbs up for this!

Blog Entries

Anyone checked around Nordstroms lately as to whether or not it's stocked yet?

Confirming it has been re-released as well. The bay in Toronto (various locations) all have it. Did someone mention something about an EdP version?

Also has anyone tried the new release? is it the same? I thought Pure Malt had an ingredient that was aged for 10 years, weird that they'd re-release it within a year.

Blog Entries

UPDATE: Called my Nordstrom and "reserved" a bottle (she'd hold it for me for 24 hours after it came in). She said they'd be getting 3 bottles (thats it?!) in the next 2 weeks and someone else already reserved one

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    UPDATE: Called my Nordstrom and "reserved" a bottle (she'd hold it for me for 24 hours after it came in). She said they'd be getting 3 bottles (thats it?!) in the next 2 weeks and someone else already reserved one
    Congratz that you FINALLY found your Pure Malt . I am wearing it myself atm. I just found that I really like opening notes that lasts maybe first 5 minutes, then it became sweet synthetic something for next hour (which is not that great) and finish as awesome comfortable sweet patchouli (it doesnt change at all after that)
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Congratz that you FINALLY found your Pure Malt . I am wearing it myself atm. I just found that I really like opening notes that lasts maybe first 5 minutes, then it became sweet synthetic something for next hour (which is not that great) and finish as awesome comfortable sweet patchouli (it doesnt change at all after that)
    Thank you! HOPEFULLY i can get it (she said i've got 24 hours to get it after she calls, its like an action movie lol), and if not through Nordstrom, i'll go elsewhere.

To me, the immediate top notes are kind of annoying. They're very...its like a medicinal, plastic...blah, but within a few more seconds it sweetens up to a boozy, peaty, sweet fragrance. From there it becomes a very nice vanilla with peat notes, and eventually the patchouli comes in and seals the deal for me. I'm really hoping this is my "holy grail", but everyone on here knows the chances of that happening...I thought 1 Million would be my last fragrance, but as soon as i heard Pure Malt was coming back, i sprayed the sample i had and knew i'd have to get a bottle. Stupid fragrances and their addictive properties...

Thanks to you Neurosis I've been randomly calling the many LA based Nordstroms. I'm getting an amusing mixed bag of feedback from some very confused SAs. Today I got a very condescending speech from a woman about Pure Malt being a limited release from last year.

BTW, give it up on this "holy grail" nonsense. You're a Basenoter through and through, pal. If you think it ends with Pure Malt, think again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Thanks to you Neurosis I've been randomly calling the many LA based Nordstroms. I'm getting an amusing mixed bag of feedback from some very confused SAs. Today I got a very condescending speech from a woman about Pure Malt being a limited release from last year.

BTW, give it up on this "holy grail" nonsense. You're a Basenoter through and through, pal. If you think it ends with Pure Malt, think again.
    The SA i spoke to today was pretty confused too, more so as to how i knew about it. She said "So how in the world did you find out about this anyways? I didn't think anyone knew about it yet"

That last thing made me laugh cause it's so true. It's almost a guarantee i'll be back on here again in a month or two frantically trying to get my hands on something else, thinking it's the last fragrance i'll want

I guess I have to ask directly, as I cannot find a review that praises one over the other. Pure Coffee or Pure Malt? Which is better? Which flask is more frequently reached for? I understand that I'm asking a difficult question, but out of the 2 only one should prevail right?

"Better" is in the end up to your nose. But for what it's worth, there's a two page thread here with people eagerly seeking Pure Malt and a lot more threads about it in general.

Pure Coffee doesn't seem to spark as much interest.

I have Pure Coffee and i like the scent but the only problem is its hard to wear and i dont really want to be walking around smelling like coffee!!! And the chicks will probably get grossed out! Should i just sell pure coffee and buy pure malt instead???

So I finally found the time to go to several stores and ask in person about Pure Malt. House of Fraser said they don't have it, and it's most likely only going to be in the major stores (London, Birmingham etc). John Lewis still have "Pure Male" listed, but when I asked they didn't even know anything about it. THEN WHY ARE YOU LISTING IT?!

So annoying. I was pretty excited to finally getting a bottle, no dice though. This is in Nottingham by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    I thought Pure Malt had an ingredient that was aged for 10 years, weird that they'd re-release it within a year.
    They didn't make anymore. They were just selling excess stock. I think the same thing happened with Pure Coffee if I'm not mistaken.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Default Re: Re-Launch of A-Men Pure Malt?

I went to three nordstrom's here in Southern Cali (riverside, Santa Ana and in the Inland Empire). None of them had any idea about getting any more bottles of Pure Malt. One lady at the Riverside store said the A*men representative was just there yesterday and didn't mention a thing about re-launch or them getting left overs. Oh well, seems souther cali wont be receiving any

*oops, accidentally posted this on the earlier thread on pure malt re-release. meant to put it here

I went to three nordstrom's here in Southern Cali (riverside, Santa Ana and in the Inland Empire). None of them had any idea about getting any more bottles of Pure Malt. One lady at the Riverside store said the A*men representative was just there yesterday and didn't mention a thing about re-launch or them getting left overs. Oh well, seems southern cali wont be receiving any

Well no bottles in my local stores aside, I just got my decant and my God, this stuff is NICE!! No where near as choking as the original, and the opening is a really really nice smoky, woody fruit. I can really smell the smoky woods in it, just like it's been sitting in a barrel.

House of Fraser have it on their website, so I may just get a bottle now.

Blog Entries

I went to my store and actually pre-bought. supposed to show up at my house within 2-3 weeks. I guess stores already have it in, but they can't release them till every store has them ready? Weird stuff

My local Nordstrom said they were given a ship date of 9-15-10 and stated that they were being sent many bottles. I've noticed that some stores seem to definately confirm that it is coming in soon and others don't even have a clue that it is being re-released. I wonder if only certain locations are going to carry it this time around. Why else would some stores be so clueless while others have known for a week and a half?

Could be mixed signals from Nordstrom corporate or from TM's home office.

Blog Entries

The SA i spoke to basically said they cant really do anything till every store has it in stock. I dunno why but they have to wait to sell it

I went to my store and actually pre-bought. supposed to show up at my house within 2-3 weeks. I guess stores already have it in, but they can't release them till every store has them ready? Weird stuff
    I didn't realize you didn't already have a bottle....I assumed you were just a fan like me. Why didn't you just order from Beauty Encounter via Amazon? Is it considerably cheaper than Nordstroms?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    I didn't realize you didn't already have a bottle....I assumed you were just a fan like me. Why didn't you just order from Beauty Encounter via Amazon? Is it considerably cheaper than Nordstroms?
    Beauty Encounter is currently selling it for $110 - doesn't it normally sell for $75 at Nordstroms? I assume Beauty Encounter's price will significantly drop after the official re-release. How much were they selling it for before it became so hard to come by?

Blog Entries

^thats why i didnt buy it from beauty encounter...$110, versus $70, plus nordstrom is basically guaranteed to be legit

Tired of all the speculation and conflicting information I finally bought my Pure Malt from Beauty Encounter. I got 10%ff and free shipping/no tax. Maybe I paid a bit more than what it will be if or when it arrives in stores, but I was okay with that. I didn't want to take a chance that it didn't arrive in stores and then sold out on line. A roll of the dice I guess. Hope it does finally come to Nordy's for you guys. Enjoy, it's a winner, especially with the cooler weather coming.

I'm calling Nordstroms in SoCal every day from now on till I get my pure malt.

how much does it cost in canada? I gotta get this asap

Get it now on fragrancenet.com! Only 62 bucks! I just bought 2 yayyyyyy

First post edited. Looks like it is now officially re-released, as it is now showing up on nordstrom.com

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3024137

Quote Originally Posted by immaninblack View Post
    how much does it cost in canada? I gotta get this asap
    $70 on nordstroms/thierry mugler websites. $62 on fragrancenet. finally out!

It's in some of the SoCal Nordstroms now.

Worthwhile purchase for me. A more subtle version of A*Men which I can't wear.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 16th September 2010 at 03:51 AM.

Yup, I picked it up from fragrance net for $58 including shipping

does anyone know if this is permanent or still limited time. Knowing this will help me in buying 5 or 2 bottles.

Is fragrancenet reliable? never ordered from them and have trouble believing they received so many bottle of pure malt. I thought only nordstrom would receive the extra bottles. Do u guys think any other stores will carry this besides nordstrom?

Quote Originally Posted by Akalucas View Post
    Is fragrancenet reliable? never ordered from them and have trouble believing they received so many bottle of pure malt. I thought only nordstrom would receive the extra bottles. Do u guys think any other stores will carry this besides nordstrom?
    There are a few threads on this very topic. But, to answer your question, I have used them many times and have found them to be very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Akalucas View Post
    I ordered a few pure malts from them yesterday and they shipped it today ^^

buy lots and lots and buy some more. just buy 3 or 5 or maybe 10. so muchhhhh pure malt you'll shower yourself in the cologne muhahahah so muchhhhh win

lol. jk. seriously though now. fragrancenet is good i bought from them couple of times and no problems. but you should buy a 2 or 3 of this since it looks none of it will be coming out any time in the future if they're trying to get rid of their old stock and i doubt they will have another stock for next time

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    buy lots and lots and buy some more. just buy 3 or 5 or maybe 10. so muchhhhh pure malt you'll shower yourself in the cologne muhahahah so muchhhhh win

lol. jk. seriously though now. fragrancenet is good i bought from them couple of times and no problems. but you should buy a 2 or 3 of this since it looks none of it will be coming out any time in the future if they're trying to get rid of their old stock and i doubt they will have another stock for next time
    I am having a feeling it is quite the opposite. I think they reduced the prices now because it will be widely available quite soon. They might be trying to get a head start on sales before it hits retail stores and ultimately preventing you from making your purchase there instead.

Guess I need to give it a try.
    Maybe another to the collection. lol

I do think this is being selfish.

I received my bottle today, bought it from the House of Fraser site. Perfect condition in the plastic wrap and everything. I was hoping to actually sell this bottle for a little profit (any extra money is helpful in this economy), and then buy another bottle for myself, but it's already off the House of Fraser site! At least I have a full bottle at last. Still have a decant though, so I'll keep it sealed until I run out and really want to wear it again.

I have never tried Pure Malt but I have always wanted to. There is no where even close to where I live that will have this.

Does anyone know where I can get a sample? Or does anyone know someone that can put me some in a atomizer? I am not expecting it for free. I looked on Ebay but I cannot find a vial.

I really want to try this!

Sincerely, I guess that you don't even have to try this before you buy... if you already smelled angel man , imagine the opening without that tar note and add some whiskey ... pure malt is a lot softer and much more wearable... plus, girls LOVE this stuff...I'm not telling you to buy it without trying, just saying that I can't see anyone not loving this stuff..

Blog Entries

Picking up my bottle in a week...Nordstroms is starting to piss me off. They've had it in stock for 2 weeks but they can't sell it till the 24th

Picking up my bottle in a week...Nordstroms is starting to piss me off. They've had it in stock for 2 weeks but they can't sell it till the 24th
    Bummer. Got mine Wednesday.

Typical SA stuff. Saw through Nordstrom website that it was available at a particular LA store, went in, SA told me she didn't think they had it. I went to the Mugler section and there it was.

Just picked mine up from Nordstroms. I am in absolute euphoria. I am awstruck. The last time i had a reaction close to this was the first time i smelled Le Male on my friend. But this is something else. This could be the holy grail. This could be the greatest fragrance i have ever experienced with my nose. I cant explain it more then that. This is spectacular. It is so worth the hype. it absolutely exceeded expectations that were extremely high in the first place.

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt is the greatest fragrance i have ever smelt in my life. Period. Yes Green Irish Tweed is amazing because of the quality, but in my opinion the scent of Pure Malt absolutely DISTROYS Green Irish Tweed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Just picked mine up from Nordstroms. I am in absolute euphoria. I am awstruck. The last time i had a reaction close to this was the first time i smelled Le Male on my friend. But this is something else. This could be the holy grail. This could be the greatest fragrance i have ever experienced with my nose. I cant explain it more then that. This is spectacular. It is so worth the hype. it absolutely exceeded expectations that were extremely high in the first place.

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt is the greatest fragrance i have ever smelt in my life. Period. Yes Green Irish Tweed is amazing because of the quality, but in my opinion the scent of Pure Malt absolutely DISTROYS Green Irish Tweed.
    lol damn, u love it, hopefully I would too. I had extremely high expectations of GIT but once i got it, it was average, gave it a 3/5 =[. I love Le Male and sweet scents though

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    lol damn, u love it, hopefully I would too. I had extremely high expectations of GIT but once i got it, it was average, gave it a 3/5 =[. I love Le Male and sweet scents though
    Yeah. I was blown away by Green Irish Tweed's quality, but as far as scent, it is just good.

But Pure malt is unmatched. If you love Le male, you will be head over heals for Pure malt. There is nothing wrong with this fragrance. It is simply the greatest thing i have ever smelled

Got mine today too. Never had anything from the Mugler house.
    Nordstroms I went to didn't have a tester. SA said it was similar to the original A*Men. I didn't like original just from the opening. Didn't give it a chance. I know, not proper way to judge just from the top notes. They ended up opening Pure Malt, liked it and got it.
    Now my initial impression to this. Very similar to Givenchy's Play Intense.
    Pure Malt seems sweeter, while Play Intense seems fresher. Since it's limited edition, I might grab another to store.
    Only time will tell.

just ordered a bottle from fragrencenet. excited to see what the hype is all about, but trying not to get my hopes up too high. it really sounds like something id like though.

Quote Originally Posted by rorschach128 View Post
    just ordered a bottle from fragrencenet. excited to see what the hype is all about, but trying not to get my hopes up too high. it really sounds like something id like though.
    no. forget that dude. get your hopes up. go ahead and do it. i wouldnt be comfortable saying that about any other fragrance in the world. but for this, trust me. go ahead and make ur hopes extremely, unrealistically high

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    no. forget that dude. get your hopes up. go ahead and do it. i wouldnt be comfortable saying that about any other fragrance in the world. but for this, trust me. go ahead and make ur hopes extremely, unrealistically high
    haha. well ok then. ill take that into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by FRAGFAN View Post
    Tired of all the speculation and conflicting information I finally bought my Pure Malt from Beauty Encounter. I got 10%ff and free shipping/no tax. Maybe I paid a bit more than what it will be if or when it arrives in stores, but I was okay with that. I didn't want to take a chance that it didn't arrive in stores and then sold out on line. A roll of the dice I guess. Hope it does finally come to Nordy's for you guys. Enjoy, it's a winner, especially with the cooler weather coming.
    Ouch! Looks like your gamble didn't pay off. patience is a virtue....just not with fragrances you win some and you lose some

Blog Entries

Anyone think it's a good idea to get a backup bottle of this?

Anyone think it's a good idea to get a backup bottle of this?
    It is good idea to buy backup bottle if you really LOVE it. I dont think that Mugler will make it unlimited edition. So take it while it is so crazy cheap. I have 2 backup bottles for myself .
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense